The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 336935

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Just goes to show what a touchy bunch of weenies we as a people are becoming. You asked him not to use an annoying oversized font and he flips out.

How dare you Pils? I mean geez, asking him to use normal font? What a jerk.

Perhaps I should add "use normal font style, size, and color" to the guidelines as well.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Just goes to show what a touchy bunch of weenies we as a people are becoming. You asked him not to use an annoying oversized font and he flips out.

How dare you Pils? I mean geez, asking him to use normal font? What a jerk.

Perhaps I should add "use normal font style, size, and color" to the guidelines as well.

It couldn't hoit, Shemps#1 ... I won't be suprised if bar soap has instructions printed on them:
For best results, remove soap from package before use.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline JazzBill

It seems to me that at the rate all of these people are getting kicked off the site, regular members (Such as me) will all have our own personal moderator !   Nyuk Nyuk knuk  :laugh:
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Pilsner Panther

It seems to me that at the rate all of these people are getting kicked off the site, regular members (Such as me) will all have our own personal moderator !   Nyuk Nyuk knuk  :laugh:

Well, since we still have over 2,500 members, that's going to take a while!

::)

Offline JazzBill

Well, since we still have over 2,500 members, that's going to take a while!

::)
You do know I was joking don't you ? I wouldn't want to lose one of my karma's for being a smart-ass... [biggrin]

Pilsner Panther

You do know I was joking don't you ? I wouldn't want to lose one of my karma's for being a smart-ass... [biggrin]

Oh, I don't mind a smart-ass, I'm one myself. It's the trolls and the illiterates who get in trouble— and they deserve it!

Offline kalten

I appreciate the response. Are there any other shorts or films with the same "Roll me a Cigarette..." type of occurrence, besides Dizzy Pilots?

xraffle

I appreciate the response. Are there any other shorts or films with the same "Roll me a Cigarette..." type of occurrence, besides Dizzy Pilots?

Well, that's the only short where Moe asks anyone to roll him a cigarette. However, there are other shorts where the stooges roll cigarettes. One short that comes to mind is "Uncivil Warriors," where Curly rolls himself a cigarette, but he almost burns himself because it wasn't rolled properly.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Well, that's the only short where Moe asks anyone to roll him a cigarette. However, there are other shorts where the stooges roll cigarettes. One short that comes to mind is "Uncivil Warriors," where Curly rolls himself a cigarette, but he almost burns himself because it wasn't rolled properly.

Moe: Do you know what that paper was?

Curly: Hot!?
~~~~~~~~~
 :D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Jazz Stooge

Do you know of a good site for publicity pics of the Stooges?  I am looking for a 1973 picture of Larry and Fraser the Lion (Lion Country Safari).  Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Do you know of a good site for publicity pics of the Stooges?  I am looking for a 1973 picture of Larry and Fraser the Lion (Lion Country Safari).

Not a site, but a book...
One appears on pg. 192 of the recently published One Fine Stooge.

Offline Weasel

Don't know if I am just plain stoopid, a stooge or what....but I cannot find any place on the General Discussion Forum to "Start New Topic"....I find "Start a New Poll" but I don't want to do that.  Just want to post a comment or two.

Any help in directing me to this is appreciated!

Everything here is interesting, informative and FUN!  Thanks for the great site....gotta love it.

Link, Mink and Pink!

Pilsner Panther

Don't know if I am just plain stoopid, a stooge or what....but I cannot find any place on the General Discussion Forum to "Start New Topic"....I find "Start a New Poll" but I don't want to do that.  Just want to post a comment or two.

Any help in directing me to this is appreciated!

Everything here is interesting, informative and FUN!  Thanks for the great site....gotta love it.

Link, Mink and Pink!

We had to put a restriction on new member postings because of ongoing problems with trolls and all kinds of assorted idiots (mixed nuts!). You have to make ten posts before you can start a topic of your own.

:police:

This might seem harsh, but what we've been trying to do here is keep up the quality of our discussion boards, and the policy has worked very well. It gives the moderators a chance to evaluate people's motives before letting them go ahead and say whatever they want. After you meet that (modest) standard, then you've got all sorts of freedom... a lot more than you'll find on some other boards.

So, hang in there, you've only got seven more posts to go and then you can start your own topics.

Offline Weasel

Tanks a lot!  B A Bay, B E Bee, B, I, Bicky By, Bee Oh Bo, Bicky Bi Bo, Bee Ooo, Ooo, Bicky Bi Bo Boo!

xraffle

Tanks a lot!  B A Bay, B E Bee, B, I, Bicky By, Bee Oh Bo, Bicky Bi Bo, Bee Ooo, Ooo, Bicky Bi Bo Boo!

Now you got that song stuck in my head. I love that short. It's one of my favorites.

Pilsner Panther

Now you got that song stuck in my head. I love that short. It's one of my favorites.

One of my favorite Moe lines there, too. To start the song, he looks over at the female pianist (who looks like a spinster librarian or the Church Lady), and says "Pound those horse teeth, cutie!"

;D

Offline ShempHoward

::) [stooges] [stooges] [stooges]

Who else here hates that they Colorized the Three Stooges Shorts.  I hate that they change what has been funny for Centuries.  They have no need to colorized them they are perfect the way they are as B&W.  And my Favorite Short of theirs is "Hold That Lion" where for the only time do you see all Three Howard Brothes on screen together.  I hated that they cut the Part out of "Malice in the Palace" where Curley was the Cheif.  Anyone wants to start a List with me Featureing them I will love to chat to you about it.
For the love of Shemp Howard,
ShempHoward

Offline Robbie883

One of my favorite Moe lines there, too. To start the song, he looks over at the female pianist (who looks like a spinster librarian or the Church Lady), and says "Pound those horse teeth, cutie!"

;D

I love when they are playing with the the ball with the head teacher. They throw it to her and yell "Interception!" and chase her down and give her a few rough tackles... :D

Offline Pip Pip

Can anyone tell me whether Moe ever uses the word "lollapalooza" in any short and if so, which one?  Our local Stooge show host was told that the yearly Chicago Lollapalooza concert was named because one of the originators heard Moe say it in a Stooge short an is trying to verify this.  I don't remember hearing it.

BC

Offline JazzBill

Hello Kind Sirs:
    If it isn't too much trouble could someone tell me why I can't post in the "Stooges In Other Movies Thread".
If I should be looking in some other thread please forgive me and please don't call me names. (as I am very sensative) Calling me names will give me birth marks.If I don't hear back from you , I'll just figure I'm a big fucking ass-hole and not worthy of a response.   Thank You Kind Sirs !!!!!!!!   Bill     :laugh:

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Lowly peasant Bill,

It's nice to see a peon such grovel at our feet. The answer to your question is quite simple really, Dunrobin locked the particular thread in question. Only the deities of this website, Dunrobin, Pilsner Panther, and myself, can post in a thread after it is locked. I hope that is explanation hasn't gone over your meager head.

Lord James, Threestooges.net God of Banishment and Torture  :D
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

Thats what I figured .

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I go away for a long weekend and miss all of the fun. Dammit!  >:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Did I do that?   ???

If I did, it was purely accidental - or maybe instinct just took over.  I honestly don't remember locking it when I replied, but I was doing 2 or 3 things at once and I get distracted sometimes.  It was unintentional, and I'll go to it right now and unlock it.

OK - it's unlocked now.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Can a member who starts a thread lock their own thread? I assumed it was you because I didn't lock it.