Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338024

xraffle

It was "You Nazty Spy!"

It happened when Curly was supposed to shoot that Mati Herring woman for being a spy. After Curly blindfolds himself and accidentally shoots Moe, the woman escapes. Then Moe says "We must get her back." Then Larry says "I'll be satisfied if we get her halfback." Then Curly says, "I'll take a quarterback. In fact I'll take Notre Dame and two points."

Offline Chissalini

Did Curly have one or two children?  I know that he had at least one daughter.  Is she alive?  Has she been involved in any Stooges events? 

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Did Curly have one or two children?  I know that he had at least one daughter.  Is she alive?  Has she been involved in any Stooges events? 

Two daughters, Marilyn (b. 1938) and Jane (b. 1948).

Marilyn and Janie attended the 1988 Three Stooges Convention in Philadelphia, meeting each other for the first time. Janie attended several more Conventions up to 1995, as well as several of the Fan Club Meetings between 1999 and 2005.

Offline xrunr78

Stooges Bar tap handle

I am reaching out to you fellow stooge fans and would like to know if anyone has any ideas where to find a 3 stooges bar tap handle.  i found one on ebay which is a bottle of their beer from Panther brewing which was converted - course i am bidding on it. 

In addtion to the one i am bidding on i would really like the handle to have all three stooges together or maybe indvidual stooges. 

if anybody has an ideas where to purchase something like this please share. i have been searching for just over a two weeks but i am getting very frustrating.

thanks
joe

Offline mikemcnerney

I have a 16mm silent film, "The Three Stooges", "Thud and Blunder". I have searched till my fingers are bloody and I can't find any info about it. It is not listed anywhere that I have looked. I heard from someone on a message board that "Thud and Blunder" are cartoon caracters used for coal industry propaganda. ANY info would be helpful

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline bam

Im new here, i just bought 2, 3 stooges dvds made by  a company in australia called mra.I cant wait to recieve them here in greece.I bought these off ezydvd.com.Its volume 1 which has these episodes a plumbing we will go,all the worlds a stooge,in the sweet pie and pie,babysitters jitters,rip, sew, stitch.Volume 3 has if a body meets a body,monkey buisness men,spook louder,women haters,violent is the word for curly.My question is this , i know the episodes are good, but how is the picture quality on these specific australian dvds ? Thanks in advance .

xraffle

Hold your horses. Not many people have these Australian releases. Most people have those rip-off DVDs released by Sony. So, many people including me won't be able to answer your question.

Offline bam

Yeah, i got to admit i never got the region 1 sony stooges dvds, because they were very expensive.For the price i got these 2 australian volumes1, and 3, they are still cheaper than 1 volume of the sony dvds !Im guessing the picture quality on the australian releases, wont be as good as on the region 1, but for the price ive bought them im not complaining.

Offline bam

Hey guys ive recieved volume 1 of the 3 stooges dvd from australia !Id say the picture quality on this is just a small step up from videotapes.Also for some odd reason , the curly shorts have better picture quality than the 2 shemp episodes on this disc.The dolby mono sound is decent considering these shorts age.I cant do a direct comparison between the picture quality of this dvd ,and the ones from region 1 because ive never owned them.My guess is the region 1 versions look better, keep in mind im not saying these look horrible but dont expect them to look as good as universals region 1 abbott and costello dvd collections.I used abbott and costello because thats the only night and day dvd diffrence that came to mind.Anyway, if youre looking for a very very cheap alternative to the region 1 stooges you cant go wrong with this. I cant give you my thoughts on the third volume because i havent recieved it yet.Overall im satisfied, and ill probably get more volumes of this in the future.

Please refer to Rule #1 in the Posting Guidelines - S#1

xraffle

Wow!! That post gave me a headache. Seriously, can your typing get any worse??

Offline bam

Sorry,I have lousy typing skills. Thats pretty much the way i type . :(     

xraffle

I didn't mean to sound harsh, but if you take a good look around, everyone sacrifices the extra time to press the shift key. Why can't you?

I guess maybe it's just me. Since no one else seems to have a problem with it, I guess I'm just overracting. :-\

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Xraffle, its not just you. I deal with posts of the frenetic nature simply by not reading them, and avoiding the headache.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Xraffle, its not just you. I deal with posts of the frenetic nature simply by not reading them, and avoiding the headache.

Ditto.

If it wasn't worth their time to type properly, it isn't worth my time to decipher it.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Thanks. I'm glad it wasn't just me. From now on, I'll do what you guys do. I'll just ignore bam's posts until that person learns to type properly.

Offline JazzBill

oh lighten up guys i thunk he did a fine job... nyuk nyuk nyuk  ::)
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I don't like it either, and that's why it's the very first rule in the guidelines. I would have gotten to this sooner, but I was on the road all weekend.

A crap post from JazzBill? Wait a sec...an official "roll eyes" sarcasm smiley!  ::)
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

I don't like it either, and that's why it's the very first rule in the guidelines. I would have gotten to this sooner, but I was on the road all weekend.

A crap post from JazzBill? Wait a sec...an official "roll eyes" sarcasm smiley!  ::)
Of coarse it was sarcasm, I'm sure I make a few mistakes, but I at least try to make a presentable post.  ;D...... I thought you might be out of town, or we would have heard from you before now.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I know that, I was just referring to the roll eyes, which seems to have become universal sign for sarcasm on message boards.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline bubbadersh

Moe Howard, what was his height? How tall. How short.

Offline bubbadersh

Larry Fine, what was his height? How tall. How short.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
How tall? ... How short? ...
Moe and Larry were exactly as tall as they were short. (As Mr. Spock would say ... "Simple Logic")
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline bubbadersh

wam

Please refer to the first rule in the posting guidelines. S#1