Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 349282

xraffle

Both Moe and Larry were 5'4". Curly was 5'5" and Shemp was 5'6". Shemp was the tallest stooge out of the six.

Offline bubbadersh

Seems to me just from watching the shorts that Larry was a bit shorter than Moe.

Offline bubbadersh

I always thought that I heard somewhere that Larry was a relative of Moe/Curly/Shemp. Online bios don't seem to mention this. and I can't find any reference to this. So, my question is simple ...

Was Larry Fine related to the Howard boys?

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
No.
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Jim, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but whenever you warn someone, the warning picture isn't showing. It's showing a box with a red X in the middle. However, on the person's profile, it shows up fine. I'd just thought I'd let you know.

Offline bubbadersh

hey. I was thanking him for answering my question. I wasn't using bad language. I wasn't flaming. The post was clear in its intent and what it meant.  I hope it wasn't because the post was one word because the post before me, the post I was responding to, was one word also.

Whoever you are sending out these warnings you seem to be a bit hypersensitive.  You've really left a bad taste with me which reflects on the entire site.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
X: it's either your computer or more the site skin you are using. They show up fine for me.

Bubba: You were given a warning and referred to the Posting Guidelines. I even told you which rule to read, and someone else even posted a link. Had you read the Guidelines you would know swearing is not an offense that merits a warning. What I have a problem with is your lazy typing: your refusal to use capitalization/punctuation when necessary. You continued after the warning, and your warning level was moved up.

As for "leaving a bad taste with you", I can care less.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

Jim, I'm not sure if it's just my computer, but whenever you warn someone, the warning picture isn't showing. It's showing a box with a red X in the middle. However, on the person's profile, it shows up fine. I'd just thought I'd let you know.

Your not alone, It comes up the same way on me.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Your not alone, It comes up the same way on me.

Me too.

Although I think I saw the "X" once when I was personally chastised for something or another in the past.

I try to behave and not piss off the moderators!

James

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It might have something to do with the theme you are using; are all of you using the default theme?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
It might have something to do with the theme you are using; are all of you using the default theme?

I am, I think. It's the new default format that we have had for the past couple months.

James

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
[doh]
Sorry about that, guys.  I thought I had put a copy of all of the images in the appropriate folders, but when I upgraded the warning system I apparently didn't put a copy into the other themes.  I just uploaded a set into every theme folder, so everyone should be able to see the warning images now.

Offline Benson

It may be an optical illusion that a baldy standing next to someone with hair may look shorter. [Maybe this could have been one of Curly's complexes with being crew cut?]

Offline bubbadersh

Where is this image that is being discussed? I'm getting a bit lost on this thread.

xraffle

Where is this image that is being discussed? I'm getting a bit lost on this thread.

The images that are being discussed are the green and yellow circles that appeared on your posts when you were warned by the moderator. Before, they were showing a box with a red X. Now, they're fixed and they show up now.

Offline kidkuba

Need to know what episodes Larry said these quotes
1. Will the lady with the lucky number come and get me and
2. I cant see I cant see and the other stooges reply whats the matter and Larry goes I got my eyes closed....any help would be appreciated...

Curley91

The first quote was from "Three Little Pigskins."

"I've got my eyes closed" was done in numerous shorts, but the only two that I can think of off the top of my head are "Ants In The Pantry" and "A Missed Fortune."

I be thinking up more!

Offline robuck

The "Real George" joke was used in a few stooges shorts that I have seen - but I don't know what it's supposed to mean. Could someone explain to a young stooges fan the meaning of this "real george, dig that crazy" joke?  ;D

Offline JazzBill

The "Real George" joke was used in a few stooges shorts that I have seen - but I don't know what it's supposed to mean. Could someone explain to a young stooges fan the meaning of this "real george, dig that crazy" joke?  ;D
It means something like "real cool, look at.....".

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

The real thing, not fake, phony, etc.  "George" refers to George Washington on the $1 bill, e.g., "real George," not counterfeit.

Mid 1940s slang, already out-dated by the time it turned up in Stooge shorts like SPOOKS! (1953).

Offline JazzBill

Very good Brent. Now I have one that maybe you or someone else might know. There's a line in "FiFi Blows Her Top" that I don't get. Phil Van Zandt asks Moe for his house key, thinking it might open his door.Moe then says, "Oh no, thats impossible, our key was made out of a little piece of steel", then holds his fingers a couple of inches apart. Now, is there a punch line that I'm missing? Or is it part of a bit that got screwed up in editing?.......Anyone know??