Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 337999

Offline Myren

This is some what "off topic" but thought I would ask anyway. Seeing as the stooges are slap stick and I take people on this board enjoy that type of thing, (I sure do) do  any of you like that Jackass, Bam type stuff? I know it is not the same, but there is alot of falling down and slapping in there. I was just wondering about that for no good reason.

Thanks.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Never seen it. But I am outside of the "box". If it wasn't for HNIC and news, I'd have them yank my cable and save the $$/mo.

What Jessica Simpson wore when she was "porked" by OJ & Tom Cruise on Oprah... I ain't gotta clue. Sorry.

Ask me another question! Like who is the vice-president! And why he is better than ALGore... the "armpit monster".

-jv
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline malbuff

I'm sorry, this isn't really related to this thread, but I don't see a button or option anywhere to start a new thread, so here goes...

Does anyone remember the following routine?

Out of the blue, Moe slaps Larry: "SHADDAP!"
"I didn't say anything!" Larry protests.
"That's for what you were thinkin'!"

Can anyone tell me in which short this routine appears?  I have checked the index of routines and don't see it.
My sons have been bugging me about this ever since I told them about it.

Thanks to all in advance...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:37:08 AM by shemps#1 »

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I moved your question over to this thread where it has a better chance of being answered.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline wolfsblood

Hi.  It's been a few years since I've posted here.  Lately I've been wondering if any of the Stooge shorts featuring Joe Besser are available on DVD?
Currently I have a set that has some really good Curly and Shemp efforts, but just for kicks it would be fun to have some of the Joes.

Offline 3Stooges

Wolfsblood,

There arent any official Besser/Stooge dvd's, but there are a lot of bootleg dvd's out there on the net.

Offline TourdeStooges

Does anyone out there know if there are any relatives of Joe Besser still living in the St. Louis area? Joe is a St. Louis native, and 2007 is the 100th anniversary of Joe's birth.

As the organizer of the Tour de Stooges bicycle ride, I would like to invite any of them over so we can honor Joe during our event on May 5 in nearby Lebanon, Ill.

If you know of any, don't hesitate to post here or send me a private message with the info.

Thanks,
Roger Kramer
Tour de Stooges
Ride Coordinator
Come join us May 3, 2008, for the Tour de Stooges bicycle ride in our new home in Highland, Ill.
http://stooges.rogerkramercycling.org/

Offline morty

Besides being a big fan of The Three Stooges, I’m a collector and fan of OTR (Old Time Radio).  I have thousands of hours of radio shows, broadcast between 1935 and 1950 that included guest appearances of all the stars of that time, except the Stooges.  Why?  Their humor would have translated so well to that medium I don’t understand why they didn’t have their own show, or even make guest appearances.

I checked with all the people I buy from, no one knows of any Stooge recorded appearances.  Am I missing something?

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Morty ...
My guess is that Columbia had "rights" on our boys that prevented them from doing things that would promote themselves without Columbia's "Okay" ... garystooge and/or BeAStooge would be in a far better situation to answer this query .. so I'll leave it to their expertise.

I'm also a fan of Old Time Radio and have exhausted the cd's at my local library, plus a few cd's available at the local book store ... can you steer me to a richer cache?
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline morty

I've bought from http://otrcat.com/    and  http://otrradio.com/   http://www.oldtimeradiohome.com/   several others I can't remember,  and a bunch from eBay.  Just type "OTR" in the search.

I've been frustrated that all the vendors are selling discs made from the same source.  They're all MP3s at low sample rates and when they recorded them from the 78s they didn't do any restoration.

There's a new site,  http://www.radiolovers.com/  that offers hundreds of free downloads.  There's also free stuff here:  http://www.oldtimeradiofans.com   

I know I'm forgetting a lot,  if you use up these sites,  just Google "OTR Radio"

-Morty

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Cool Links... I'm starting at Amos & Andy!  8)

James

Offline JazzBill

I agree with "jrvass". I went right for the Benny Goodman and Big Bands sections. Thanks ! (I was going to give you a karma, but James beat me to it)  [cheers]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
JazzBill,

Give him a Karma anyway!

I'm giving him another 2 since I watched 3 muted football games, and listened to 3 Amos & Andy's! Haven't done dickey-do all day! Which is what I wanted! My left hand doesn't tingle for the first time in a month! I've been on the verge of having my 2nd stroke all December!

Hell, I was so lazy today I called the funeral home directly and asked Rick to sign the Guest Book in my name! Saved me 2 hours of driving and having to shave and suit meself!

I raced 2 cars in my '04 Avalanche this am and blew them away! Squeeled the tires on dry pavement! :D  I love that truck! If GM ever offers 0% again, I'll replace it and the only thing that'll be different is I'll get the $4000 Sat-Nav radio option system that has the backup cameras in the rear bumper. I fear running over a neighbors' grandkid playing in my driveway. Plus it would be handy for hooking up the boat trailer. Maybe those step things for little people. I can understand Mom & Dad having trouble climbing in without using a stool, but they are 77 & 80.

The non-standard options that I'd have to transfer/re-install are the aircraft landing lights and the 3-trumpet freight-train air horns.

"Hey "grandma", what color of green light are you waiting for? <beep!>" They jump so high in their seats, I'm lucky I haven't killed someone when they hit the car roof from their seat!  >:D  Totally illegal. Even the landing lights. But they brighten up the area for a mile +. Almost like daylight.

And pity the fool that doesn't dim his high-beams... I give him 2 chances to dim his lights. Then wait and fucking blind him with the aircraft landing lights!

As long as I am telling tales out of school... my last trick is a 35mm camera flash at night. Just as the light is about to turn green, I beep my factory horn. The guy turns and looks towards me, I flash him/her, the light turns green, and I'm a 1/2 mile down the road before he can see again! I only do that to Fucktards!

(My new favorite word! Thanks S#1!)

James

PS. Yes. I am an asswipe. Thank me very much!  >:D

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I picked up this site while Pilsner was still around (one of his posts, or threads, I think). It has alot of free downloads from the radio shows.

Mercury Theatre on the Air

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
I picked up this site while Pilsner was still around (one of his posts, or threads, I think). It has alot of free downloads from the radio shows.

Mercury Theatre on the Air

No. Search for me. I gave it to Pils.

Way cool site though.

Giff, you just gave me a "mental masturbation"! I need to "marry" old 16mm/8mm/super 8/videos to some kind of sound. Either old radio/albums and current day voice-overs from my parents.

Problem is that I only have 30Gb left of 80Gb on my laptop. With A/V, I'll suck that dry in a heartbeat!

What your post made me think of was old-time radio and a detachable harddrive. Not a memory stick... Something bigger! Like 1Tb. Do they sell something like that?

James

Offline knucklehd

Hello, I'm new to this board and not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.
But, here goes.

I have been trying to find out if the Farrelly Brothers who about 4 years ago had signed up to write a new
story for a modern day Stooge movie ever got off the ground, or did it become more than they could handle? ??? Each year from 2003 to 2005 was suppose to be the year they were planning to release it.

Does anyone know what happened ??? ::) :-\
Thanks, knucklehd

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
No. Search for me. I gave it to Pils.

Way cool site though.

Giff, you just gave me a "mental masturbation"! I need to "marry" old 16mm/8mm/super 8/videos to some kind of sound. Either old radio/albums and current day voice-overs from my parents.

Problem is that I only have 30Gb left of 80Gb on my laptop. With A/V, I'll suck that dry in a heartbeat!

What your post made me think of was old-time radio and a detachable harddrive. Not a memory stick... Something bigger! Like 1Tb. Do they sell something like that?

James

The way to "marry" those  older forms of video (16/8/Super8-mm) may take some software "jumping through hoops" ... for my conversions, I use a simple device called an "IMic" that allows me to plug in one of those audio/video cords (the red/white/yellow tipped cords that you plug into a Stereo, VCR or DVD player), and then you can record onto your computer from sources such as 33 1/3 LP's (or other vinyl speeds), cassette tapes, VCR or DVD, or any other sound source that supports the 3-color cord thing. However, it sounds like your biggest problem is finding the mem space to store all this audio gold ... good luck.

Knucklehd ...
There have been several threads (topics of conversation) over the last few years about the Farrelly Bros. and their fool-hearty attempt to make a Three Stooges movie ... the last one made the assertion that the Farrelly Bros. had given up on the project and sold it to someone else ... I can't recall the thread name, but perhaps BeAStooge (our resident Stooge genius) can direct you to the proper thread for an up-to-date reading of the current effort to make such an ill-advised movie.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I just wanted to give a shout-out (and well-deserved karma point) to Fred and morty for the OTR sites. If you have a peer to peer file sharing program on your computer you can search Old Time  Radio or specific shows and most likely find some stuff.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
The way to "marry" those  older forms of video (16/8/Super8-mm) may take some software "jumping through hoops" ... for my conversions, I use a simple device called an "IMic" that allows me to plug in one of those audio/video cords (the red/white/yellow tipped cords that you plug into a Stereo, VCR or DVD player), and then you can record onto your computer from sources such as 33 1/3 LP's (or other vinyl speeds), cassette tapes, VCR or DVD, or any other sound source that supports the 3-color cord thing. However, it sounds like your biggest problem is finding the mem space to store all this audio gold ... good luck.

snip.

Cool. I checked it out on Amazon.

A fellow computer geek told me about a 500GB Western Digital External Hard Drive. He had a coupon and was going to check this weekend if he could buy more than 1, (1 for me, 1 for him). I'm down to my last USB port (1 of 2 on the monitor) so I'm going to have to get a 2nd USB hub. Good thing I have a big desk! I'll email you a pic of the "spider web" of wire!

Here is the strategy that I sent to my brother... feel free to suggest corrections/additions:
-----------------
I think I have figured out the album/movie/video/DVD dilemma. With some help from my geeky pals:

1. Record the old visual media in it's entirety to DVD. (JKV)
2. Record the old album media in it's entirety to CD. (JKV)
3. Get:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-iMic-External-Sound/dp/B00006BALQ

An external USB sound card (me).

4. Get a cheap microphone from Radio Shack. (me)
5. Get a 500GB external hard drive (me).
6. Sit Mom & Dad down in front of their big TV and use my laptop + #3, #4, & #5 to record their comments/descriptions about the DVD's, while simultaneously recording them and the TV on the camcorder. (me)

7. Mix their comments as voice-overs to their albums and old-time radio of that era from #2. Burn that to a CD. (me).

8. Get an external DVD burner. (me)
9. Using DVD from #1, and the remixed audio from #7, and the video from #6 to synchronize the audio and video... burn a new DVD master and copies.

Voila! No more silent movies! It'll take us all year!  ;^D
----------------------------------------------------

Is that the "software hoops" solution?

James

Offline morty

If anyone's familiar with downloading binaries from usenet news groups,  alt.binaries.sound.radio.oldtime  usually has a big selection old radio shows in MP3 format posted. 

I've been listening to OTR for years.  There were soap operas, thrillers, news, and of course comedies.  If you d/l something and you don't like it,  don't give up on old radio,  just try another show.  My favorites are Jack Benny and Fibber MCGee & Molly. 

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
If anyone's familiar with downloading binaries from usenet news groups,  alt.binaries.sound.radio.oldtime  usually has a big selection old radio shows in MP3 format posted. 

I've been listening to OTR for years.  There were soap operas, thrillers, news, and of course comedies.  If you d/l something and you don't like it,  don't give up on old radio,  just try another show.  My favorites are Jack Benny and Fibber MCGee & Molly. 

Jack Benny and Fibber McGee & Molly, those are two of my favorites as well. I also dig The Great Gildersleeve, Our Miss Brooks, The Shadow, Suspense, Burns & Allen, Amos & Andy, Abbott & Costello, Fred Allen, and many others. It's gotten so I listen to the radio much more than watch TV.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
anyone know the episode Moe plays Hitler?

YOU NAZTY SPY! (1940)
I'LL NEVER HEIL AGAIN (1941)
BACK FROM THE FRONT (1943)
THEY STOOGE TO CONGA (1943)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I have been trying to find out if the Farrelly Brothers who about 4 years ago had signed up to write a new
story for a modern day Stooge movie ever got off the ground, or did it become more than they could handle? ??? Each year from 2003 to 2005 was suppose to be the year they were planning to release it.

Does anyone know what happened ???

This discussion from a couple months ago has the latest information...
http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=1392.0

In summary:
 - Warner Bros. backed out of this fiasco-in-the-making a couple years ago
 - The Farrelly Bros.' option to produce and direct lapsed last year
 - C3 partnered with independent producer First Look Pictures in October 2006
 - C3 said it may use the Farrellys' script

Offline vortex

Hello,

I have always been a Three Stooges fan and I would like to know exactly how many episodes of the Three Stooges have been put onto DVD because I was thinking of purchasing this box set of the Three Stooges (http://www.tvaddicts.tv/movie/comedy/The_Three_Stooges.html?gclid=CPyt8rLY6YkCFSXLYAodFjh1FQ). But apparently all the shorts have not been released onto DVD yet, so I would like to know if the product is official or not.

Thanks,

Corey