Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338628

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I would like to know exactly how many episodes of the Three Stooges have been put onto DVD because I was thinking of purchasing this box set of the Three Stooges (http://www.tvaddicts.tv/movie/comedy/The_Three_Stooges.html?gclid=CPyt8rLY6YkCFSXLYAodFjh1FQ). But apparently all the shorts have not been released onto DVD yet, so I would like to know if the product is official or not.

Sony/Columbia has released 84 shorts to DVD.
Three Stooges home videos, 1980 - Present: VIDEOGRAPHY

The product you link to is a bootleg.

Sony is working on chronological box sets; announcement pending, probably late summer/early fall 2007.

Offline Pat The Stooge

How exactly do you add fan reviews to the episodes?

Offline jimmyson35

I heard from someone here at my workplace that, Shemp hung himself. I do not beleive that and wonder that if anyone heard of this before :-\

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I heard from someone here at my workplace that, Shemp hung himself. I do not beleive that and wonder that if anyone heard of this before :-\

No, it is not true.

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
Shemp did not "hung" himself, and if he had, he would have HANGED himself. He died of a heart attack on his way home from a boxing match. By the way, how the hell did the name of this topic get changed to "Did Shemp ever hung himself?" I guess the use of the word "Hung" in this case is vulgar!!!!!!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

xraffle

By the way, how the hell did the name of this topic get changed to "Did Shemp ever hung himself?" I guess the use of the word "Hung" in this case is vulgar!!!!!!

lol. I think he just did that because he is unable to start a new thread. This really should have been posted on the " Ask Team Stooge" thread.

Offline augie

Hi folks;
I'm new to this board, and I've got the following question;

In pretty much all of the old shorts, all 3 of the stooges appear to be shorter than everyone else.
Was this a camera trick, or were they all just shorter than most everyone else?

I  have read Moe's and Larry's height stats, but not the others.

Thanks.

xraffle

Hi folks;
I'm new to this board, and I've got the following question;

In pretty much all of the old shorts, all 3 of the stooges appear to be shorter than everyone else.
Was this a camera trick, or were they all just shorter than most everyone else?

I  have read Moe's and Larry's height stats, but not the others.

Thanks.

In real life, the stooges were very short. Moe, Larry, Joe, and Curly Joe were all 5'4". Curly was 5'5" and Shemp was 5'6". You bring up a very interesting question because it shocked me how much taller all the women were. Women aren't that much taller than 5'4" because the average height for women is 5'5". So, either women back them were very tall or they purposely picked tall women to make the stooges seem very short.

Offline augie

Hi-
I'd like to ask another question, please.

Does anyone know why the Joe Besser shorts aren't officially out, and why?
It seems as if most of the stuff that is available, is out, either on vhs or dvd.
I tried searching, and researching this, but just can't find an answer.

Also, I was wondering, did Joe Derita, and Joe Besser ever meet?
Did they ever do anything together? (Reunion of sorts, appearances, etc)...
I know there was always talk of Besser being the 'last' stooge, but it seems as if not much
emphasis was on DeRita, while both were still alive at the same time.

Thanks.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Since this a relatively unexplored topic here at threestooges.net (AND since I know specifically that BeAStooge and garystooge visit this topic often), I put forth the following query as a "newbie" (even though I'm a "decrepitly") ...

I was watching some of my "New 3 Stooges" cartoons (about a dozen) and it hit me while viewing the end credits - they declare that the persons repsonsible for the "stories and storyboards" are:

Jack Miller          Barbara Chain
Sam Cornell        Jack Kinney
Art Diamond       Nick George
Warren Tufts      Pat Kearin
Cecil Beard         Homer Brightman

Lee Orgel  (also listed as Supervisor of Production)
Dave Detiege  (also listed as Associate Producer)

After the "it hit me" spell, I wondered about a few things ...
1. Are the storyboards still around for viewing/purchasing?
2. How deep of an influence was Lee Orgel on the New 3 Stooges cartoons? He's listed as a "Production Supervisor", but in an interview with him supplied by the C3 folks when releasing the first "New 3 Stooges" DVD, he stated that he had a hand in the boys affairs up to, and including, having them named as the "National Safety Foundation Spokespersons" with the tagline of "Don't be a Stooge" in order to make our boys more palatible for a family (of the mid '60's) to recieve.
3. "Warren Tufts" ... come on, there's gotta be a connection somewhere. (Sonny)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline garystooge

To answer #1, many years back I was able to pick up photocopies of about 12 pages of storyboards from cartoon #108.  I've seen a few other sets of photocopies floating around in the years since, but I've never seen any of the original storyboards offered for sale.

Beastooge would be better able to answer your questions #2&3.

Offline augie

Hi guys-
I too, am a bit of a collector, and I recently went over my collection, on both dvd and vhs tape. It gets very confusing though, when you see how shorts were orgainzed somewhat by a category.

But, when they started putting out the dvds now, it gets more confusing.
Does anyone have any insight as to what will come out next?
I think a chronilogical order of shorts would be good.
There seems to be about 100 + of the original shorts that aren't out on dvd yet.

I'm also still trying to find when the Besser shorts will be on dvd, and why it seems
like they were never on tape.

Thanks.

Curley91

I'm also still trying to find when the Besser shorts will be on dvd, and why it seems
like they were never on tape.

Actually, none of the Joe shorts ever were on tapes!  To put it bluntly, most of them just plain stink!  However, as BeAStooge mentioned, Sony is working on chronological sets.  The Joe shorts should be released sooner or later. 

One further note, all 190 shorts have been aired on TV at one time or another.

Offline BulkySam

I've loved the stooges since I was 4 years old (I'm almost 21 now).  When I was about 7 years old, TBS had a Curly All-Nighter to celebrate Curly's birthday.  During commercial breaks, they'd show clips people sent in of people doing their best impressions of Curly.  At the age of 7, I was able to make it onto the program.  As I type this, the tape is playing behind me.  Haven't gotten to my part, yet.  I should consider posting the clip on youtube to embarass myself.

ThumpTheShoes

I should consider posting the clip on youtube to embarass myself.

So, whaddya waiting for? It can't be any worse than a commercial for something called a "Magic Lantern"!

-ThumpTheShoes

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I have that tape!  :D

All of the Curly impersonators were lame, not just you. I think it was required. So don't feel bad... in fact... I'll karma you!

James

PS. The "Magic Lantern" is swell! Rub it over your grill and hot blondes appear!
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline augie

Hi-

I was wondering if anyone knew if the 75th anniversary tv show with Woody Harrelson,
and the tv movie with Michael Chiklis (2004?) was recorded, and possibly put on tape or disc.

Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I was wondering if anyone knew if the 75th anniversary tv show with Woody Harrelson,
and the tv movie with Michael Chiklis (2004?) was recorded, and possibly put on tape or disc.

THE THREE STOOGES 75th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL (2003)... no.

THE THREE STOOGES (2000)... no, sorta. It was privately distributed on VHS to the voting membership of the Television Academy's Emmy Awards, part of ABC's and Sony's marketing campaign to grab nominations for Michael Chiklis and the TV movie. (It received no nominations, btw.) It has never been made available on home video, commercially.

Both above titles are in this site's FILMOGRAPHY. Every movie, on its respective page, will have an Amazon.com link if it's available on DVD and/or VHS.

This site has a VIDEOGRAPHY, a record of Stooges home video, 1980 - present.

Curley91

I have the 2000 movie on DVD. 

I wanted to tape the 75th anniversary show when it aired this past summer, but it didn't air in my neck of the woods!   :laugh:

ThumpTheShoes

Wasn't there more than one anniversary special? I've never seen any of them, in any case, but I have noticed that several different anniversary titles pop up on those nasty, evil file sharing programs... Not that I ever use those, or anything!

No, really!

-ThumpTheShoes

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Dog Hambone

:police:
What's up with Google? They used to have this site listed under Three Stooges somewhere around 3rd or 4th place on the very first page, but today it wasn't even listed there (No, I didn't check all the pages). Have they decided to censor this site?   

Offline JazzBill

:police:
What's up with Google? They used to have this site listed under Three Stooges somewhere around 3rd or 4th place on the very first page, but today it wasn't even listed there (No, I didn't check all the pages). Have they decided to censor this site?   
I found it on page 2. I guess we've been demoted.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline B-A-bay

Hey guys i'm new here just wondering where i can purchase all CURLY ONLY Dvd's ?

Exactly how many are there? I have 5 Dvd's with 4 Episodes on them each.I looked at the site list and counted over 100 with curly. ::) Also on the stooge goofups where do I post what I found there were alot of things that were not mentioned.That is all for now.

Curley91

The easiest way to buy these Curly DVDs is to purchase them over Amazon.com.  There is an excellent videography on this site, and there are links to order them.  There are 10 of them that were released by Columbia that contain all Curly.  They are:

Curly Classics
Stooges And The Law
Healthy, Wealthy And Dumb
All The World's A Stooge
Nutty But Nice
G.I. Stooge
Goofs On The Loose
Stooged And Confoosed
Stooges On The Run
Stooges At Work

I'm not real sure how to post Stooge Goofups.  Some of the others may be able to help.