Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 334930

xraffle

I'm still trying to figure out why you're so willing to share your wonderful "tech tip" with us.

ThumpTheShoes

I'm still trying to figure out why you're so willing to share your wonderful "tech tip" with us.

Yeahhh. And what about de picks and shubbles?  :laugh:

garysheski

It saves tons of money and trouble, I read this tip in a newspaper technical column, printed and distributed far and wide, that's all!

Offline Major Hyde

Newbie here. Actually my second post. I was wondering if anyone had seen the story about the guy who went with a buddy to see Moe in his later years(around '73, I believe). They were interested in seeing Moe while they still could. He had written Moe many times and they got to be pen pals. Well, I guess Moe invited him to his home. He and a buddy went to see Moe. Moe was very approachable I understand and was flattered that anyone thought it was worth their time to come see him and his wife. When they got there Moe showed them all kinds of stooge paraphernalia, scrapbooks and other things. They filmed Moe hamming it up with both of them and generally had a great time for a few hours. As a stooge fan I have to think that was as close to the stooge Holy Grail as one could get! I will look for the story and post the link if I can find it.

Found it!
http://web2.airmail.net/willdogs/

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I will look for the story and post the link if I can find it.

Found it!
http://web2.airmail.net/willdogs/

"My Pal Moe" and other website recommendations of Stooge-interest are indexed here, in this site's LINKS section.

Bob Bernet's "My Pal Moe" website is also available in DVD-Rom format, a bonus feature on Laughsmith's "STOOGES: THE MEN BEHIND THE MAYHEM" DVD (Videography).

garysheski

I've just completed a work of three years compiling a biography of actress Marjorie White, 108 pages long. Soon as I'm a certified "grapehead" I'll start a new topic on her and my work. Meanwhile, e-mail me direct for more information if you want a copy! Gary

xraffle

I've just completed a work of three years compiling a biography of actress Marjorie White, 108 pages long. Soon as I'm a certified "grapehead" I'll start a new topic on her and my work. Meanwhile, e-mail me direct for more information if you want a copy! Gary

You're already a "Grapehead" so you should be able to start a new topic.

Offline pharoh

Hello...I remember a 3 stooges episode where they were saying a phrase like "Rappatootia CH CH" Does anyone know what the episode was? Thanks!

ThumpTheShoes

Hello...I remember a 3 stooges episode where they were saying a phrase like "Rappatootia CH CH" Does anyone know what the episode was? Thanks!

You'll find that bit in "Gents Without Cents".  [pie]

Offline FineBari3

You'll find that bit in "Gents Without Cents".  [pie]

I was thinking "Three Little Pirates".

Eh, gibberish in both!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline FineBari3

You are right!!! Thanks a million!!

Which short had what you were looking for?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline aipc29

Does anyone out there know anything about the two-story house shown over and overin Stooges shorts? It is a two story with a front yard porch, white columns and white shutters.  It is shown specifically in Pardon My Clutch and the Sitter-Downers. We've always thought it probably belonged to one of the Stooges, but are not sure. Any help is appreciated.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone out there know anything about the two-story house shown over and overin Stooges shorts? It is a two story with a front yard porch, white columns and white shutters.  It is shown specifically in Pardon My Clutch and the Sitter-Downers. We've always thought it probably belonged to one of the Stooges, but are not sure. Any help is appreciated.

On the old Columbia Ranch backlot... now the Warner Bros. Ranch backlot... in Burbank CA.

The CLUTCH house is to the right of the "I DREAM OF JEANNIE" house, and can be seen in many episodes of that series... used extensively in many Screen Gems / Columbia TV series over the years like DENNIS THE MENACE, THE DONNA REED SHOW, and still can be seen today in Warner TV productions.

Offline aipc29

Thanks for the information on that CLUTCH house. I am very grateful.

Offline katrowell

Does anyone know the name of the stooges episode where there is a gorilla or ape, who at the end of the episode says, "And I helped"?

xraffle

Does anyone know the name of the stooges episode where there is a gorilla or ape, who at the end of the episode says, "And I helped"?

Crime On Their Hands

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Katrowell:

I hope that I have my facts correct, and I am up for any changes by fellow Team Stooge members, but I think the flick that you are thinking of is "Dizzy Dectectives," hope I am correct.

Hoekstra
Moron4392

xraffle

Dear Katrowell:

I hope that I have my facts correct, and I am up for any changes by fellow Team Stooge members, but I think the flick that you are thinking of is "Dizzy Dectectives," hope I am correct.

Hoekstra
Moron4392

There was a gorilla in Dizzy Detectives, but it didn't talk. He/she is looking for the episode where the gorilla says to Shemp, "I helped" and that was Crime On Their Hands.

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir:  (Xraffle):

I just quickly viewed both "Dizzy Dectectives" and "Crime On Their Hands," and just would like to say thank you for clearing that up for me.  I always mixed the two up.  Guess I better watch my postings from now on.

Hoekstra

Offline sgatesam

I am trying to find the Stooges episode where More asks "Ma-ha?" followed by Larry saying "Ah-hah?" and Curly replying with some foreign gibberish. Can anyone identify this episode? If so please email me at sgatesam@yahoo.com with the answer. Yuk, Yuk!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I am trying to find the Stooges episode where More asks "Ma-ha?" followed by Larry saying "Ah-hah?" and Curly replying with some foreign gibberish.

THREE LITTLE PIRATES (1946)

Offline hiramhorwitz

In reviewing the information given on Amazon regarding the book "Mantan the Funnyman: The Life and Times of Mantan Moreland," I saw the statement that an interview with Moe Howard indicated "Mantan was almost the third stooge after Curly's death."  Does anyone out there know if this claim is valid and if so, how close Mantan came to being one of the stooges?  Second, if Mantan was seriously considered, was he truly considered after Curly's death (to replace Shemp or in lieu of Besser or DeRita) or was he actually considered as a possible Curly replacement (after Curly's debilitating stroke)?  I'm kind of tempted to buy the book just to see what other information about this topic is presented.  Can any of you comment on the content of this book (specifically with respect to the third stooge discussion)?  Thanks in advance!