Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338659

Offline blubish

Hello everybody,

I need your help!
i am looking for a Movie -Scene, where a guy is used as a human batterin Ram to open a Door.

The guy can also be thrown at the door, most important is: The Door has to crush in this Stunt.  I have seen a scene like this a couple of months ago, dont know , if it was a Three Stooges Film or something else.... can anybody help me, an tell me, where i can find a scene like this? It can also be another movie, not only a Three Stooges.

Blubish

Offline curlysdame

Hello everybody,

I need your help!
i am looking for a Movie -Scene, where a guy is used as a human batterin Ram to open a Door.

The guy can also be thrown at the door, most important is: The Door has to crush in this Stunt.  I have seen a scene like this a couple of months ago, dont know , if it was a Three Stooges Film or something else.... can anybody help me, an tell me, where i can find a scene like this? It can also be another movie, not only a Three Stooges.

Off the top of my head, the first film, Stooge-wise, that I can think of is '3 Dumb Clucks.'  Moe and Larry use Curly as a battering ram to bust a hole in the wall, so they can break out of jail and keep their father from marrying 'that dame.'  (And they aim to do it, too.  That's what they aim to do.  'They aim).  ....Hope this helps.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline blubish

Thank you, but i am looking for a scene, where a wood door gets broken. I think in this scene from 3 Dumb Clucks, there will be stone walls in the jail, not?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The guy can also be thrown at the door, most important is: The Door has to crush in this Stunt. 

FRIGHT NIGHT (1947)

Offline FineBari3

FRIGHT NIGHT (1947)

That one is especially brutal, because the bad guys are doing it to Shemp! (Moe would probably be the one to do it).

Isn't this gag in a couple of other ones w. Shemp?
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline metaldams

That one is especially brutal, because the bad guys are doing it to Shemp! (Moe would probably be the one to do it).

Yes, very brutal!  Shemp's eyebrows were never the same again.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Smaug

This is from IMDB bio of Curly-
"Contrary to popular legend, the actor made a second cameo appearance as the face of an attacking bat in "Spooks!", a Three Stooges short from 1953. Unlike his silent appearance as a train passenger in his only other cameo- here, he offers his trademark, "Woowoowoowoowoo...", but his face looks starkly different than the one to which we'd all become accustomed. It was released posthumously (Curly died in 1952), and is the only film by the Stooges, which is in 3D."

The Youtube post of Spooks is a bit fuzzy, so can anyone confirm or deny?

(I know Pardon My Backfire was also in 3D, so that part is wrong, anyways)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This is from IMDB bio of Curly-
"Contrary to popular legend, the actor made a second cameo appearance as the face of an attacking bat in "Spooks!", a Three Stooges short from 1953. Unlike his silent appearance as a train passenger in his only other cameo- here, he offers his trademark, "Woowoowoowoowoo...", but his face looks starkly different than the one to which we'd all become accustomed. It was released posthumously (Curly died in 1952), and is the only film by the Stooges, which is in 3D."

The Youtube post of Spooks is a bit fuzzy, so can anyone confirm or deny?

100% bull. Shemp was the bat.

SPOOKS was filmed 16 months after Curly died.

Offline locoboymakesgood

They do it in The Ghost Talks, but the door doesn't open. It looks painful though since the door is solid wood.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Myren

Would anyone happen to know what Volume of the THE EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE, the (4/29/55), the sketch with the Stooges would be on? Thank you again.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
what Volume of the THE EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE, the (4/29/55), the sketch with the Stooges would be on?

Vol. 1; that information is provided in the "Notes" field of the DVD's entry in the Videography.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dog Hambone

100% bull. Shemp was the bat.
SPOOKS was filmed 16 months after Curly died.

That is so obviously Shemp's face on the bat. What makes that scene so funny is that when Shemp says "What a hideous monstrous face", he is basically talking about himself, while Moe & Larry both look from the bat to Shemp & then at the bat again.

Whoever it was on IMDB that said that it was Curly (or anyone else for that matter) must be some kind of a "stupid imbecilic fool".

Offline FineBari3

That is so obviously Shemp's face on the bat. What makes that scene so funny is that when Shemp says "What a hideous monstrous face", he is basically talking about himself, while Moe & Larry both look from the bat to Shemp & then at the bat again.

Whoever it was on IMDB that said that it was Curly (or anyone else for that matter) must be some kind of a "stupid imbecilic fool".

I couldn't find the bit about 'Spooks' on his bio on IMDB. I read it twice, and still couldn't find it. Maybe it was fixed.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Dog Hambone

Still there, last item in the "Trivia"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397219/bio

there.....

I clicked on your link & that trivia section has more than one piece of misinformation. In that last item about "Spooks", it not only says that it's Curly in that clip, but that he "offers his trademark Woowooowooowooo". However, anyone who actually watches that short will see Shemp's face on the bat while he offers his trademark "Eebeebeebee, ruff, ruff, ruff".
 [band]
While I'm nitpicking, a slightly less glaring error is in the section about the song, "The Curly Shuffle". The name of the band that performed that song is the "Jump 'N The Saddle Band" (not Jump in the Saddle), and they were a Chicago area blues band (not a comedy group) with six guys including a horn section. I am a proud owner of their CD and therefore I know whereof I speak. In fact, it's been awhile since I played that CD. I think I'll just have to pop it in the CD player as soon as I finish typing this post.   

Offline FineBari3

Still there, last item in the "Trivia"

there.....

Because any moron can have access to IMDB records and edit them, this moron deleted that from the 'trivia' section of his entry.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Smaug

They have to verify first before it's removed. Just like how they verified the info before they posted it. Sorry, easy to speak sarcasm, just hard to type it.

Offline StoogeTrio

I agree the bats face and voice is Shemp but the first time I heard the "ruff ruff ruff" it threw me as this was more of a Curly trademark than Shemps.  I actually can't remember another short where Shemp "barked" is there any?  ???

Offline Smaug

Now there is one less piece of misinformation on the internet. The "Curly/bat" trivia has been removed. Yay.

Offline aipc29

does anyone know the make and year of the large sedan that is blown up in Violent is the Word for Curly? I thank you in advance for any help.

Offline FineBari3

Now there is one less piece of misinformation on the internet. The "Curly/bat" trivia has been removed. Yay.

Yup! I took that out as soon as you posted it in this thread!
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline FineBari3

does anyone know the make and year of the large sedan that is blown up in Violent is the Word for Curly? I thank you in advance for any help.

I just spent 20 minutes or so trying to figure out what car this is, and that was based on the hood ornament. I couldn't find any other marks on the car that would identify it. I really couldn't find the exact one, but did learn a lot more about hood ornaments! Did you know they are called 'car mascots' in Great Britain!

Anyway, the ornament looks like many other 'wing-ed women', but I couldn't find the exact same one. Some 1920's Plymouths and DeSotos look like they may be it. I think that the hood ornament looks like it was rigged up somehow for Curly's gag, when he puts the rag over the ornament. The other ornaments seem to be more horizontal, not standing up like this one is.

I hope there is a person out there that knows their cars, so they can answer this question.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline denwoz

Which Stooges short includes a scene where two German military men enters a room only to see scuttles going on? One says to the other, "Paskudnik." It may mean "bad boy" in Slovak as well as if it's German.

ThumpTheShoes

Which Stooges short includes a scene where two German military men enters a room only to see scuttles going on? One says to the other, "Paskudnik." It may mean "bad boy" in Slovak as well as if it's German.

That would be They Stooge To Conga, where Moe is disguised as Hitler.