Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338027

Offline metaldams

Hi, I would like to know the name of "The Three Stooges" episode where a radio falls into a tub and the DJ seems to be drowning. I have a few DVDs but not with the drowning radio. The last time I saw this was more than 20 years ago when I was a kid and I almost laughed my head off. Many thanks for any help.

I'm thinking either GENTS IN A JAM, A STITCH IN TIME or GOOF ON THE ROOF.  One of those classic early 50's Shemp shorts.  I'm sure somebody has the answer, I vaguely remember the gag you're speaking of.  Am I on the right track, guys?
- Doug Sarnecky

xraffle

Hi, I would like to know the name of "The Three Stooges" episode where a radio falls into a tub and the DJ seems to be drowning. I have a few DVDs but not with the drowning radio. The last time I saw this was more than 20 years ago when I was a kid and I almost laughed my head off. Many thanks for any help.

That would be "Gents In A Jam."

Offline jaynong

Thanks for your response, it certainly was Gents in a Jam. I had just watched it on you tube and everytime I switch on my 55 year old radio which belonged to my late father, I start laughing. I have to admit that it cures my stress...  :laugh: I will certainly look for that DVD when I go to town soon. I have another query, would anyone know an eposide where a cousin Basil is involved in. It seems that her slaps are a lot more powerful than Moe's! I have a 3 stooges pinball game and the audio of cousin Basil is on the game. I would love to see this one. Once again, many thanks

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I have another query, would anyone know an eposide where a cousin Basil is involved in. It seems that her slaps are a lot more powerful than Moe's! I have a 3 stooges pinball game and the audio of cousin Basil is on the game. I would love to see this one. Once again, many thanks

That would be Brideless Groom, with Shemp.  It is one of the four public domain episodes, and it will be on the new Vol. 5 of the Three Stooges Collection coming out March 17th.

Offline jcuski

Does anyone know the artist whose version was used in 'Punch Drunks' that was played on the radio and the audio truck?
The same version was used as the opening theme in 'Pop Goes The Easel'.
Thanks in advance.

Dog Hambone

I have another query, would anyone know an eposide where a cousin Basil is involved in. It seems that her slaps are a lot more powerful than Moe's!

You reminded me of something I read about that scene in The Three Stooges Scrapbook. When they were first doing the scene, Christine McIntyre was holding back, not wanting to hurt Shemp. Apparently, it wasn't realistic enough, so they told her to really let him have it. And she sure did! That scene is hilarious and one of my all time favorites.

Offline FineBari3

Thanks for your response, it certainly was Gents in a Jam. I had just watched it on you tube and everytime I switch on my 55 year old radio which belonged to my late father, I start laughing. I have to admit that it cures my stress...  :laugh: I will certainly look for that DVD when I go to town soon. I have another query, would anyone know an eposide where a cousin Basil is involved in. It seems that her slaps are a lot more powerful than Moe's! I have a 3 stooges pinball game and the audio of cousin Basil is on the game. I would love to see this one. Once again, many thanks

Where the hell did you get a Three Stooges pinball game? Don't tell me they actually decided to make one?

You must have made it yourself!

(Pinhead here....only one I ever have seen was home made, from a Dolly Parton machine, I think!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

Where the hell did you get a Three Stooges pinball game? Don't tell me they actually decided to make one?

You must have made it yourself!

(Pinhead here....only one I ever have seen was home made, from a Dolly Parton machine, I think!)
I thought Gary had one at the Stoogeum. I could be wrong though, it might have been a arcade video game.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

I thought Gary had one at the Stoogeum. I could be wrong though, it might have been a arcade video game.

Yes, that is a video arcade game from the early 1980's.
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline WhyIOughta

Actually, the slot machine that you see in the "Stoogeum" video is what's called a "skill-stop" slot machine.  They're mostly seen in Japanese arcades, and most times, they take token, and not coins (although the machines are easily converted to take coins).  Watch in the vid, that the demonstrator stops each reel with the push of a button located under each reel on the console.  (Gaming is my area of expretise, next to the Stooges....LOL)

Offline bh7812

Hi!

I just signed up for this site, and look forward to being a productive member on the site who will be respectful to all posters.

First of all I want to compliment the guys who run the site. It's very well laid out and easy to read. I commend you greatly on having such a high set of standards here. I sincerely mean that. It's great to see a place where good grammar and writing are still appreciated. I also appreciate that it is a safe site that shouldn't give my computer problems.

I have been a Stooge fan for quite a while now. While I don't have a specific question, I wanted to post my thoughts on some of the Stooge stuff I have seen lately.

First I want to talk a little about the most recent Stooge item I bought last week  ;D Last week I bought the Stooges 75th Anniversary Tin set, the one with 3 DVDs. I got it for just 15 bucks and couldn't have asked for a better deal! While it only contains 4 shorts the real heart of the set is in it's extras that's for sure. The interviews are pretty good and it's great to see there are Stooge fans from all walks of life, from all over the world. I know the boys have got to be thrilled that their work is loved so much. The 3 Stooges Cartoons were great to see. I've only seen a handful of them but I think it's a pretty good cartoon  ;D I hope eventually I can say I've seen all of the cartoons. The biggest reason I bought it though was for "Kooks Tour". Up until that set, that movie was VERY rare and hard to get a hold of. Hats off to the people who restored it as best as they could for this special set. I really enjoyed that movie and I'm glad I finally got to see it. I especially like how it was supposed to be about the things they did after retirement. It looked like they had a fun time making it.

Just a few days ago, I finally got to see Larry's 1973 interview, after the stroke he had. All I can say is God bless that man! Even in that condition he did that interview and he especially lit up when he was reminiscing. There was a lot of very interesting stuff in that interview I didn't know. He looked a bit irritated when he was asked to repeat a few things and I can't blame him. Everyone should be very thankful to Larry for doing that interview, I certainly am!

I also saw Moe's appearances on the Mike Douglas show. Even with as old as he looked, and as tired as I'm sure he was at that point he never missed a beat. He was indeed a very very gracious man who again everyone should give thanks to him for those appearances. He truly didn't retire and more or less kept going right till the end. Moe was always my favorite. He was a class act.

The last thing I wanted to touch on was having seen the footage of their grave sites. It was interesting and sad at the same time to see those. It reminds you how short life really is. Over the course of their lifetime, the boys had a remarkable career we will never see the likes of again. I forever thank them for all the entertainment they have given myself and millions of others over the years. I had no problem with the footage of Moe's and Shemp's graves. Curly's however upset me and I will just leave it at some people are truly low and inconsiderate.

Anyway, I am looking forward to being a good part of the community here  ;D

Offline curlysdame

I had no problem with the footage of Moe's and Shemp's graves. Curly's however upset me and I will just leave it at some people are truly low and inconsiderate.

Are you talking about the video clip on youtube where the guy filming it leaves the business card for his website on Curly's headstone?  I'm not sure if we saw the same clip, but I found that one a bit disturbing.  Extremely bad taste, I thought.
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline FineBari3

Hi!

I just signed up for this site, and look forward to being a productive member on the site who will be respectful to all posters.

First of all I want to compliment the guys who run the site. It's very well laid out and easy to read. I commend you greatly on having such a high set of standards here. I sincerely mean that. It's great to see a place where good grammar and writing are still appreciated. I also appreciate that it is a safe site that shouldn't give my computer problems.

The last thing I wanted to touch on was having seen the footage of their grave sites. It was interesting and sad at the same time to see those. It reminds you how short life really is. Over the course of their lifetime, the boys had a remarkable career we will never see the likes of again. I forever thank them for all the entertainment they have given myself and millions of others over the years. I had no problem with the footage of Moe's and Shemp's graves. Curly's however upset me and I will just leave it at some people are truly low and inconsiderate.

Anyway, I am looking forward to being a good part of the community here  ;D

Thank you for all of the nice things you said about Rob's site and of course, the Three Stooges!

I don't know if you are already subscribe to the Three Stooges Journal and in the fan club, but if you are not, take a look at the 'Stooge Info' menu above, and at the bottom is the information on the Journal and the fan club. Best $9.00 you'll ever spend!

I do not know if you are close to Philadelphia, but the annual fan club meeting will be taking place in EXACTLY two months! (Well, it really doesn't start officially until the 25th, but many of us will be there on Friday!

Nice to see an intelligent knucklehead as a new poster! !    [welcome]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline bh7812

Are you talking about the video clip on youtube where the guy filming it leaves the business card for his website on Curly's headstone?  I'm not sure if we saw the same clip, but I found that one a bit disturbing.  Extremely bad taste, I thought.

Yup that's the exact footage I was referring to, the youtube clip where that guy left his business card on curly's grave. That was really distasteful. The man had an enormously difficult last several years of life and earned every last bit of his right to rest in peace. Doing something like that is like adding more grief to what Curly went through. I am very tempted to post in the comments section for him to go back and remove the card if it's not been removed already and apologize to Curly for doing that either way. He certainly is owed an apology. The person who left the stuffed teddy bear for him had much more the right idea and showed respect. I'm sure Curly appreciated that gesture but the other guy should have thought before he did that.

Offline bh7812

Thank you for all of the nice things you said about Rob's site and of course, the Three Stooges!

I don't know if you are already subscribe to the Three Stooges Journal and in the fan club, but if you are not, take a look at the 'Stooge Info' menu above, and at the bottom is the information on the Journal and the fan club. Best $9.00 you'll ever spend!

I do not know if you are close to Philadelphia, but the annual fan club meeting will be taking place in EXACTLY two months! (Well, it really doesn't start officially until the 25th, but many of us will be there on Friday!

Nice to see an intelligent knucklehead as a new poster! !    [welcome]

Thank you very much for the nice welcome FineBari  ;D I will certainly look into the fan club. You can't beat that price at all! I always thought it was much more than 9 bucks. For that price I probably will join. It's a great way to support the Stooges  ;D

I might have to be in the area that fan convention will be around that time and will have a lot of time to kill so I will look into possibly attending. Those conventions always look like a lot of fun.

Anyway thank you for the very nice welcome  ;D

Offline BenStooge9

How can I post a question or new topic on the general boards?

Offline FineBari3

On the right-hand side of your screen, you should see something that looks like a blue tab. Where those tabs are, you should see something that says "New Topic".

Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

You have to have made enough posts to progress beyond "Porcupine."  See Creating New Topics on this board.

Offline FineBari3

You have to have made enough posts to progress beyond "Porcupine."  See Creating New Topics on this board.

DUH...that's right! I'm not going to be helpful anymore  [doh]
Mar-Jean Zamperini

Offline Jessica

Has anyone ever heard the theme song with different lyrics; It started with "all the birds in the treetops".  I looked on youtube and have searched the web for months and haven't found anything.  We are hoping that a die hard stooge fan has any info on the song?

Offline LornaDoone

I thought this one would be obvious but I couldn't find a reference to it on the DVD/Videos forum.

Do folks know that BEER & PRETZELS is easily available on DVD? 1933 Ted Healy short.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I thought this one would be obvious but I couldn't find a reference to it on the DVD/Videos forum.

Do folks know that BEER & PRETZELS is easily available on DVD? 1933 Ted Healy short.

If you go to BEER AND PRETZELS' filmography page, you will find a link to its DVD. Released by Warner Home Video as a bonus feature on FLYING DOWN TO RIO (1933); also available in the "Astaire & Rogers Collection  Vol. 2" box set.

Or, Videography.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Isn't Beer and Pretzels in a bunch of public domain DVDs, too?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)