Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338017

Offline locoboymakesgood

Sorry if this has been asked before, but where can you find 3 stooges videos(Colombia Shorts + Movies and Later Episodes as well) that you can put on your ipod?(MP4's, or .Mov's)
Welcome to the Forum.

No Stooges shorts/movies have ever been officially released for use on iPods. If you legally own the various DVDs that have been released throughout the years or have the ability to rip VHS to your computer, there's plenty of programs that does it with ease. I use Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum. Only costs about $20 and it does the whole conversion process for you, which takes less than a quarter of the time of other programs where various steps are involved (such has TMPGEnc and such).

Here's a link to Xilisoft's website for their DVD Ripper Platinum.

It has about 50 or more codecs built in and and can output to a variety of file types. Highly recommended.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline s-mac

xraffle

Welcome to the Forum.

No Stooges shorts/movies have ever been officially released for use on iPods. If you legally own the various DVDs that have been released throughout the years or have the ability to rip VHS to your computer, there's plenty of programs that does it with ease. I use Xilisoft DVD Ripper Platinum. Only costs about $20 and it does the whole conversion process for you, which takes less than a quarter of the time of other programs where various steps are involved (such has TMPGEnc and such).

Here's a link to Xilisoft's website for their DVD Ripper Platinum.

It has about 50 or more codecs built in and and can output to a variety of file types. Highly recommended.

I wouldn't pay money for that since there are many free ones out there, such as Videora. I've converted a few stooge shorts with that software and it works really well.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I wouldn't pay money for that since there are many free ones out there, such as Videora. I've converted a few stooge shorts with that software and it works really well.
I've used Videora as well. It's great for being free, but I've gotten better results with Xilisoft's. Just my own experience.

Offline s-mac

xilisoft has a free trial too it, so it can be used for a while.

ThumpTheShoes

DVDDecrypter hasn't failed me, yet! And, in conjunction with the encoder called Super, I am at the helm of a multimedia... um, thing with, *sigh* I don't know. Possibilities?

The price is nice, too! It's, well, nothing!

xraffle

DVDDecrypter hasn't failed me, yet! And, in conjunction with the encoder called Super, I am at the helm of a multimedia... um, thing with, *sigh* I don't know. Possibilities?

The price is nice, too! It's, well, nothing!

DVD Shrink is a very good decrypter. One thing good about it is that it will add more compression to the video if it exceeds 4.7 GB, which is the maximum amount of data that you can burn on a single layer DVD.

Offline s-mac

Another question, and sorry its so n00bish
but how do you give karma?

Offline locoboymakesgood

Another question, and sorry its so n00bish
but how do you give karma?
Under where you see the Karma by your username, there are two options. One for "applaud" and one for "smite". To give good karma you click on applaud.

Offline es336td

• Porcupine
  • Making it up as I go along... Radney Foster
    • Yeah, I'm a musical mercenary...
Dear Sir or Mame:

This was located in both "A Gem Of A Jam" and "Dizzy Doctors."

Moron4392

Moron4392@sbcglobal.net

Checked both just now on YouTube... the 1st one was close, but not it...

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir: (es336td):

First of all would like to thank you for sending me your post.  I also would like to appologize for sending the wrong information out to you.  Could you please if you would like inform this relatively new MORON on what shorts they did come from.

Thank you once again and sorry also.  Please enjoy the rest of the week and your week end.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline es336td

• Porcupine
  • Making it up as I go along... Radney Foster
    • Yeah, I'm a musical mercenary...
Dear Sir: (es336td):

First of all would like to thank you for sending me your post.  I also would like to appologize for sending the wrong information out to you.  Could you please if you would like inform this relatively new MORON on what shorts they did come from.

Thank you once again and sorry also.  Please enjoy the rest of the week and your week end.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Not a problem... I found it... Men In Black... during the scene with the mental patient that wanted water... they mixed him some "medicine"... Thanx!

L

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey es336td:

Thank you for giving me the correct answer.  Truely appreciate it.

Have yourself a poifect week end.

Moron4392 [3stooges] 

Offline LornaDoone

Help! I got my daughter ROFL with a Stooges line and now she is dying to see the short. The problem is I can't figure out which one it is. The line is from Curly, obviously doing a southern drawl. I looked in Uncivil Warriors and Uncivil Warbirds and it is neither of those Can you help? The line is

Mammy, this is your son Sammy, I came from Alabamy, give me some bread & jammy, Mammy!!

Many thanks! Great site!

Offline metaldams

Help! I got my daughter ROFL with a Stooges line and now she is dying to see the short. The problem is I can't figure out which one it is. The line is from Curly, obviously doing a southern drawl. I looked in Uncivil Warriors and Uncivil Warbirds and it is neither of those Can you help? The line is

Mammy, this is your son Sammy, I came from Alabamy, give me some bread & jammy, Mammy!!

Many thanks! Great site!

ALL THE WORLD'S A STOOGE
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline LornaDoone

That quick? Awesome. Thanks!

Next I want the 3-D Stooges released!

Offline LornaDoone

We're going to go watch it in a few minutes. I have that one on the old Columbia Laser Disc set. My home theater setup is with an HD projector and a 106" screen. Nothing like the Stooges!

Offline hunt4679

I think I might of found a lost episode on 16mm film  "Plane Crazy" I think the date is 1941 but I can hardly make out the last two of the roman numeral. I cant find anything about this short on the internet, and was just wondering if anyone might know about this?
Thanks Jason

Offline FineBari3

I think I might of found a lost episode on 16mm film  "Plane Crazy" I think the date is 1941 but I can hardly make out the last two of the roman numeral. I cant find anything about this short on the internet, and was just wondering if anyone might know about this?
Thanks Jason

There is a Filmography on this site, which you can click on at the top left of your page. Could this be what you are talking about? Strange to have a 16mm of this...This is what it says about Plane Nuts:
=========================================================================================
PLANE NUTS   -   [Edit]   [Upload Photos] 
Released:  October 14, 1933 Ted Healy and His Stooges MGM Short Subject
Length: 20 min.
Average Rating: 
 My Rating:   
Complemented with musical numbers taken from a prior MGM feature, Healy and His Stooges rehash their vaudeville act in this short, with the Stooges and Bonnie coming onto the stage to interrupt Healy while he is singing.
The Stooges were to appear in a segment where they fly around the world backwards, but it was cut from the final version. See Moe Howard & the 3 Stooges, pp. 57 & 58, for photos from this segment. This footage is also discussed, with additional production photos, in Leonard Maltin's television documentary THE LOST STOOGES (1990).

The musical numbers Happy Landing and Dance Until Dawn were taken from the MGM feature film FLYING HIGH (1931). See Richard Finegan's article in The Three Stooges Journal # 52 (Winter 1989).

Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

It's not a lost episode...

Silent, 5-minute, retitled abridgements from a handful of the Columbia shorts, marketed for home viewing with a toy 16mm projector in the late 1940s, by a company named Excel.

Back in 1988, The Three Stooges Journal published a detailed 2-part article about the projector, and a list of the Stooge titles sold with it...

http://threestooges.net/journal.php?action=view&id=46
http://threestooges.net/journal.php?action=view&id=47

Offline hunt4679

Thanks for the info
If anyone is interested I will have it listed on ebay here in a little bit
I would keep it but it will just end up in the attic and besides maybe a super stooge fan might like to have it for their collection

www.superebaystore.com
This will link you to my ebay items
Thanks Again
Jason

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Hunt4679:

I just read your post and noticed that you wanted to sell your film.  Have you yet posted it on Ebay?  If not I would like to make the purchase from you.  Thank you and please have yourself a great rest of your week.  You can give me a price either here or through my E-mail.  Again sorry If I might be sounding pushy but I am interested in it.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392

Moron4392@sbcglobal.net [3stooges]

Offline FineBari3

I remember when I started my first job, in the local public library, that we had shelves of Super-8 films of the Stooges, L & H, even old Hal Roach stuff. I could never watch them at home because we just had a standard 8 projector.

I think they wound up selling the stuff along with their old vinyl at a book sale for next to nothing.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Mame: (Fine Bari3):

Thank you for taking your time and responding to my post.  Sure did appreciate it.  Please have yourself a great rest of your week.  Will see your later.

Diane Elizabeth Hoekstra
Moron4392 [3stooges]

Offline The Grouse

Well, I've used the search engine & looked manually to no avail.  So, does anyone know which episode this was?  Moe is on a creeper underneath the rear tire of a car they're trying to fix when I believe Larry starts the engine in gear sending Moe headlong into a pipe.  The other Stooges use various tools to remove the pipe {i.e. crow-bar, blow torch, etc.} [rotflmao]

[newbie]