Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338021

Offline busybuddy

That was either from Men in Black, A Gem of a Jam, or Monkey Businessmen.
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline es336td

• Porcupine
  • Making it up as I go along... Radney Foster
    • Yeah, I'm a musical mercenary...
That was either from Men in Black, A Gem of a Jam, or Monkey Businessmen.

Thanx!  I had checked Men in Black, but not the other two.   I'll have to see if I can look at them and isolate the clip if I find it.

L

Offline Moron4392

• Forever Shemp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Sir or Mame:

This was located in both "A Gem Of A Jam" and "Dizzy Doctors."

Moron4392

Moron4392@sbcglobal.net

Offline es336td

• Porcupine
  • Making it up as I go along... Radney Foster
    • Yeah, I'm a musical mercenary...

Offline Stanislav

Hi, guys -- longtime Stooges fan here, hoping I'll soon be able to post and be active.

My question is one that has bugged me for a long time, and it involves a piece of music. This music was used in at least 4-6 Stooge shorts -- one example is in "Dutiful But Dumb," where it's the music Curly "plays" on the tubes and wires when he's hiding in the radio. ("Be on the lookout for three photographers.....they ain't in here!!") I've heard this same music in several movies of the era, usually in a circus or carnival themed scene. (I happened to think of it the other day when I heard it in an old "Boston Blackie" flick in a carnival scene.)

WHAT IS THIS MUSIC? I must know before I die!

Thanks!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
This music was used in at least 4-6 Stooge shorts -- one example is in "Dutiful But Dumb," where it's the music Curly "plays" on the tubes and wires when he's hiding in the radio. ("Be on the lookout for three photographers.....they ain't in here!!") I've heard this same music in several movies of the era, usually in a circus or carnival themed scene. (I happened to think of it the other day when I heard it in an old "Boston Blackie" flick in a carnival scene.)

The Frederic March
composed by Howard Jackson & Raphael Penso

Details available in...

"The Three Stooges Meet Frederic March"
by Rich Finegan
The Three Stooges Journal # 89 (Spring 1999)

Offline Stanislav

The Frederic March
composed by Howard Jackson & Raphael Penso

Details available in...

"The Three Stooges Meet Frederic March"
by Rich Finegan
The Three Stooges Journal # 89 (Spring 1999)

Many thanks! Now I will be able to dazzle my friends at parties with this knowledge!  ;)

Offline Stanislav

I understand from what I have read that the Stooges shorts were pretty much filmed as scripted, with little in the way of verbal ad-libs. One line that I have often thought was an ad-lib comes in "Tassels in the Air" after Vernon Dent has fallen down the elevator shaft. Moe's line, "Must be a short-cut!" almost sounds like an ad-lib/afterthought, the way it comes sort of "off-timing" just as the scene is fading out. Anyone seen the script that can confirm/deny? And are there any confirmed ad-libs in the shorts?

Curley91

......almost sounds like an ad-lib/afterthought, the way it comes sort of "off-timing" just as the scene is fading out. Anyone seen the script that can confirm/deny? And are there any confirmed ad-libs in the shorts?

I'm not sure about "Tassels In The Air," but I know that the Stooges were very good at ad-libbing, and would do it a lot (especially Shemp.)

After the scripted scene would end, the director would just let them keep going until they finally ran out of 'schtick.' 

One ad-lib that I can think of off the top of my head is at the end of "Hot Ice."  Moe and Larry just keep right on going until they can't seem to think of any more.  Another one is Shemp's shaving during "Brideless Groom." 

Offline Stanislav

I'm not sure about "Tassels In The Air," but I know that the Stooges were very good at ad-libbing, and would do it a lot (especially Shemp.)

After the scripted scene would end, the director would just let them keep going until they finally ran out of 'schtick.' 

One ad-lib that I can think of off the top of my head is at the end of "Hot Ice."  Moe and Larry just keep right on going until they can't seem to think of any more.  Another one is Shemp's shaving during "Brideless Groom." 

Or, how about at the end of one Curly short (I think it may be "The Sitter-Downers?") where the Boys are singing that wedding song ("Oh, the wedding bells will start to ring....ding, dong, ding...") and as they exit towards the camera, Curly seemingly on impulse sticks his face right in the camera lens and growls/barks?

Curley91

Hmmmmmmmm.  I've never really thought about that before.  It could very well be!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
  • "I am Mattie Herring. Ah, my favorite dish!"
You guys might know the answer for this:

Does any Three Stooges site on the Internet have all 190 title cards for the shorts?  I know that Wikipedia has many of them, but so far I've missed two (and if I don't have all of them, my Wallpaper won't be complete).

Eventually, once all of the DVD Volumes are released my Wallpaper will be done, but I was hoping that I could make it now and just update it with better images.
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline skeit

Re-ad libbing

I seem to remember Moe saying that there was a good deal of ad-lib going on.  I think he said in an interview that anytime they thought of anything funny to say they would cue each other by saying "Wait a minute!"  I've heard this in a lot of shorts.  Not sure if he was just referring to live shows or not.

Curley91

Does any Three Stooges site on the Internet have all 190 title cards for the shorts?  I know that Wikipedia has many of them, but so far I've missed two (and if I don't have all of them, my Wallpaper won't be complete).

Why soitently!!

It's all on Stoogeworld.com!

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
Why soitently!!

It's all on Stoogeworld.com!

Thank you very much.  :D

Expect some Karma in a few...   8)
"Moronica must expand! We shall lend our neighbors a helping hand, we shall lend them two helping hands... and help ourselves to our neighbors!"  Moe Hailstone

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
I would like to direct this to Curley91 or any one who can help me.  I would greatly appreciate some help in learning how to use this site.  I am a senile old 53 person and cannot figure out this site.  I keep getting posts to come here and see responses from people but i cannot follow the main link.  If anyone would like to help me out by explaining to me through e-mail i would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you Moron4392@sbcglobal.net.

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
I would like to direct this to Curley91 or any one who can help me.  I would greatly appreciate some help in learning how to use this site.  I am a senile old 53 person and cannot figure out this site.  I keep getting posts to come here and see responses from people but i cannot follow the main link.  If anyone would like to help me out by explaining to me through e-mail i would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you Moron4392@sbcglobal.net.

Are you talking about the E Mails that notify you of new posts?  I usually just see them in my inbox, then come here and click on the links below (for the most recent posts).  I haven't tried the links that they give in the E Mails...

stooged and confused

You should be able to highlight the link in your email and cut and paste it where you type in web addresses and it should take you to the link. Hope that helps!

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Mr. Hailstone:

I would like to thank you for your help.  I am starting to see that to see new responses or answers you come to this site first.  Thank you very much.  Please have yourself a poifect day.

Moron4392

[pie]

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Hey Stooged and Confused:

I will try your suggestion next time.  I did not think of that idea.  Thanks alot and please have yourself a poifect Sunday.

Moron4392: [pie]

Curley91

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to you sooner. 

S&C is right.  You can copy the link directly from your e-mail, and paste it in as the web address, and it will do the job!  Hope this works!!

Offline Moron4392

• Team Stooge
  • Puddinhead
  • Moronika For Morons
Dear Curley91:

I just would like to say thanky for all of your help.  I have been very greatful to everyone who has helped me get situated on this wonderful site.  Again Curley91 thanks for your help and please have yourself a poifect evening.

Moron4392 [pie]   

Offline Moe Hailstone

• Chucklehead
Ok... hopefully this hasn't been asked before.  I have searched around the site this morning and can't find it.   I remember, hopefully correctly, Moe, Larry, Curly were in some sort of medical situation.  Moe was giving orders like a surgeon and one of the things he asked for was annacannapanna... maybe the spelling is wrong and that's why I can't find it.   If someone could point me to the film, I'd appreciate it.   I'd love to have that clip.

Louie

Not sure if you're still looking for this or not, but the name "Annacannapooner" is used in "Men In Black" at least (maybe in others).  I made a Wallpaper for this scene and needed to see how to spell that word.  Luckily the new DVD's have closed caption to them.  According to my TV, my spelling is the correct way to spell it.

If you want a sound clip for the scene where Moe's calling out the instruments, I can upload it here.

Offline Sixpak

Hey Weaslebrain,

I just got satellite TV.  Spike use to run the boys on Sat and Sun but it doesn't look like they do anymore. 

Does any other networks ever run episodes?

Doomcup

Offline archiezappa

Check out the upcoming events on this site.  On there will be a listing of all the Three Stooges TV appearances for the next couple of months or so.