Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338642

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Is there a way to print out your "My Videos Collection" file?

:laugh:  I was wanting to print it so I could easily compare what I have to the master list.  I will look forward to being able to do that. 
Thanks  :laugh:

All done and online, bpottinger.   ;D

Offline bpottinger

Well done!   It looks really good.   Thanks for your hard work.   :D

Offline puddsharp

Hello all,

Does anybody know the name of the song that the Stooges play in Disorder in the Court? I can't find any info on it.

Much obliged for any help.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anybody know the name of the song that the Stooges play in Disorder in the Court?

Push 'Em Up, composed by Howard Jackson.
The Three Stooges Journal (Spring 1999)

Offline puddsharp

Offline newbie

I have a riddle to solve.  Did you ever see THE 3 STOOGES in the movie when they went on an EASTER EGG hunt and the EGGS kept sTicking to their fingers?  Just think about it. It's as clear as THE TIME OF YEAR.  I know the word starts with a T but that's all I know.  HELP ME!!!

ThumpTheShoes

I have a riddle to solve.  Did you ever see THE 3 STOOGES in the movie when they went on an EASTER EGG hunt and the EGGS kept sTicking to their fingers?  Just think about it. It's as clear as THE TIME OF YEAR.  I know the word starts with a T but that's all I know.  HELP ME!!!

ThroatWobblerManGrove?

I have no idea where to begin, here, but you are awarded one Karma point in the category of most original/bizarre first post!

You will post the answer, eventually, right?

-Th

Offline newbie

ThroatWobblerManGrove?

I have no idea where to begin, here, but you are awarded one Karma point in the category of most original/bizarre first post!

-Th

Maybe it doesn't begin with a T.  I need to solve the riddle to win a contest.  They keep giving me the egg hint ie EGGtraspecial, EGGxctly,

ThumpTheShoes

Maybe it doesn't begin with a T.  I need to solve the riddle to win a contest.  They keep giving me the egg hint ie EGGtraspecial, EGGxctly,

Oh, I see. Still, it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the smart people here will see it and can help you. To me, the clues don't make sense.

-Th

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I have to agree with Thump - you definitely deserve Karma for most bizarre first post!   ;D

Are you looking for a single word, or is the answer supposed to be the title of a Stooges film?  I can't think of any short or film where the Stooges were on an egg hunt or anything similar, and the only episode title that struck me as possibly appropriate is "The Yoke's on Me" from 1944.

Offline newbie

I have to agree with Thump - you definitely deserve Karma for most bizarre first post!   ;D

Are you looking for a single word, or is the answer supposed to be the title of a Stooges film?  I can't think of any short or film where the Stooges were on an egg hunt or anything similar, and the only episode title that struck me as possibly appropriate is "The Yoke's on Me" from 1944.

That's what they told me.  I know it's one word and those are the only cluses I've been given.

stooged and confused

Perhaps it was from one of their cartoon segments. That sure doesn't ring a bell from a short or DeRita feature. Could they be refering to a cartoon Stooges segment?

stooged and confused

Not sure if this helps or not. Based on the "clues", nothing came to mind. The only "egg" reference that popped in my mind was Mrs. Eggerly the landlady from "A Pain In The Pullman." ("Telephone for the Three Stoooooges!")

Not to mention Hammond Egger from "Three Dark Horses."

Let us know when you get this figured out!

Offline archiezappa

Has anyone actually seen a real letter press?  I've only ever seen one in Three Stooges shorts.  It seems that the only use for it is to mash people heads.  What in the world would you use a letter press for?  Does anyone know for sure?

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I've seen commercial letterpresses at my great-grand father's printing business. He bought the business in the 1870's from his employer who was retiring.

It is what it is. You put in the typeset with the inked typeface, a sheet of paper, and press out a page of whatever. Newsprint, handbills, ads, whatever. It gave an "even" appearance to the lettering, rather than light in one corner and dark in the opposite corner.

Obviously the commercial versions were of a different (faster) design than the one the Stooges used in "Disorder in the Court". But the same principle applies. Think of it as printing a newsletter vs. printing a newspaper.

Current day "letter presses" and printing is quite an amazing process. What has Gutenberg wrought?

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline archiezappa

Thanks!  An answer to one of life's great mysteries.  I really appreciate it.  I need to get one.  It would make a great conversation piece.  And who knows?  I may need it one day, but not for pressing letters.

Offline CptnVideo

Does any one know if there are any plans to release any Stooges shorts in Widescreen format and HiDef such as HD-DVD or BluRay.

Curley91

As far as I know, there are no plans from Sony to release the Stooges to Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.  However, with the software on my computer, I could put the shorts onto a mini-HD-DVD.  There is even a slim chance I may be able to transfer them to Blu-Ray. 

Offline andj606

Hi - I would like to find out which episode has the scene(s) where Moe has a headache and a cat goes walking softly by, and Moe yells "Quit stomping around!"   I saw this as a kid. I have frequent headaches and this episode comes to mind everytime  because every little noise or light is so painful.  It gives me a little comic relief, I guess you could say - I can still picture the cat - it looks so shocked to be yelled at and goes running off.   :laugh:

Offline JazzBill

Hi - I would like to find out which episode has the scene(s) where Moe has a headache and a cat goes walking softly by, and Moe yells "Quit stomping around!"   I saw this as a kid. I have frequent headaches and this episode comes to mind everytime  because every little noise or light is so painful.  It gives me a little comic relief, I guess you could say - I can still picture the cat - it looks so shocked to be yelled at and goes running off.   :laugh:
You are probably thinking of "Idiots Deluxe" made with Moe, Larry and Curly in 1945. It's also in "Guns A Poppin!" made in 1957 with Besser as the third Stooge. 
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

JH24

I didnt want to start a new topic for my question, besides i wouldnt know which section to put it in. So i'll ask here im going off-topic, so i am sorry.

Were all 190 shorts B/W or were some in color?

Offline locoboymakesgood

Were all 190 shorts B/W or were some in color?
All 190 are B&W. The colorized versions are something Columbia concocted and recently started doing.. althought it bombed miserably and wont be continuing.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I didnt want to start a new topic for my question, besides i wouldnt know which section to put it in. So i'll ask here im going off-topic, so i am sorry.

I've split off your question, and locoboymakesgood's reply, to merge it with the "Newbies" thread on the General Discussion board, JH24, which is where it belongs.

Offline Fake Shemp

Does anyone remember which was the first Stooge short to use sound FX for the eye poke?

Offline skeit

Hi:  Love the site.

I'm just wondering when the other two Howard brothers (Irving and Jack) passed away and if there is any biographical information available on them.  I know there is a picture of one of them in Moe Howard and the Three Stooges. 

I'm also wondering what is the name of the tune the boys play in "Disorder in the Court."  The song is one of my favorite little "jingles" and gets stuck in my head for days after I watch that particular short.

Thanks
skeit