Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338654

Offline ochie

My sister-in-law asked me the third dentist "name" from a Stooges episode.  She had Hook-em and
Yank-em, but we couldn't think of the third.  Was it Hold-em?  Please help.

Offline Robbie883

A few years back at the Stoogeworld website I conducted a supporting players "tournament".  I took 64 supporting players and put them into brackets like the NCAA basketball tournament and then people voted on their favorite from each pairing, with the winners advancing to the next round. I'd be willing to run something like that again here if there was enough interest.
Gary

That would be neat if you could do somthing like that.

Offline JazzBill

A few years back at the Stoogeworld website I conducted a supporting players "tournament".  I took 64 supporting players and put them into brackets like the NCAA basketball tournament and then people voted on their favorite from each pairing, with the winners advancing to the next round. I'd be willing to run something like that again here if there was enough interest.
Gary
Count me in.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

ThumpTheShoes

For the supporting players tournament (or as we say here, Tune-a-mint!) I'd like to see that happen, as well!

My sister-in-law asked me the third dentist "name" from a Stooges episode.  She had Hook-em and
Yank-em, but we couldn't think of the third.  Was it Hold-em?  Please help.

Y Tug and A. Yank, D.D.S, Ph.D., C.O.D., F.O.B., P.D.Q.,  from I Can Hardly Wait.
Dr. I. Yankum was from All The World's A Stooge.

-Thump

Offline JazzBill

-ThumpTheWhat?
Sorry Mr. Shoes, I thought we were on a first name basis. ......Mr. Bill

ThumpTheShoes

Sorry Mr. Shoes, I thought we were on a first name basis. ......Mr. Bill

Nah, I can explain that-- I alter my name, occasionally, to punctuate a silly post. Like:

ThumpThemShoes
Thumpy
ThumpThemDamnShoes, etc...

It's not a slam, or anything!

-Th-th-th-thuh... ah, skip it!

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Gary,

Count me in. Even if you don't use pictures.

Why am I haunted by dentists this week? This thread... oral surgery to extract a molar this morning, 4 fillings and a cleaning last Thursday...

There was gold in that crown! If I see the tooth fairy, I'm gonna hit it in the mouth!  >:D

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline Justin T

Gary

Gary, I add in my support for a Stooges Supporting Players Tournament as well. Count me in too.

He he, I loved the name Dr. I.Yankem. Classic Stooge pun.
"Moronica must expand! We must lend our neighbors a helping hand. We must lend them two helping hands, and help ourselves to our neighbors!"
Moe in "You Natzi Spy!"

Larry: Say, when I come back I’ll give you a password.
Moe: Brilliant, what’ll it be?
Larry: Open The Door!
"Studio Stoops"

Offline JazzBill

Nah, I can explain that-- I alter my name, occasionally, to punctuate a silly post. Like:

ThumpThemShoes
Thumpy
ThumpThemDamnShoes, etc...

It's not a slam, or anything!

-Th-th-th-thuh... ah, skip it!
You didn't have to explain it to me, I know how you post. I was just goofing back with you.  At the time I thought the Mr. Shoes and Mr. Bill line was clever. Oh well ! It was still nice of you to say something because you thought I felt slammed.

Offline boinky_mon

Count me in for a vote, as for foxiest-let us not forget Sally Cairns, Curlys dancing partner in Three Smart Saps- she died too soon (1920-1965) and alas i couldnt find any photos of Sally to post....boinky_mon     "A mere Bagatelle!"...bag of shells?-lol
Gary

Offline boinky_mon

My Question- Did anyone watch "The Caine Mutiny" on cable TV this weekend? I laughed my ass off as I spied Kenneth MacDonald...who played"Lefty Loomis" and other  characters, playing a naval officer at the court martial of the Caine mutineers! Quite a departure from his character in Stooge shorts, some research showed he has quite a resume as a serious actor 8)

boinky_mon

Offline busybuddy

I just had one of my college instructors tell me her brother used to have breakfast with either Curly-Joe or Joe Besser every morning in the late seventies or early eighties in a town in Arkansas. I'm 99% sure she's a liar but who knows. Anyone know if either one of them lived in Arkansas at any time in the 70's or 80's and I don't know it?
I think Birdie will go for that!

Offline taupinb

Hello!

Has anyone heard of a silent Three Stooges short "Milk and Money".  A person I know has a 16mm silent short of the skit, but we cannot find any other information about "Milk and Money"

Thanks for your time and help!
Jackie

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Jackie -

(1) Welcome to the site!   ;D

(2) I moved your post to this thread, since that is were it belongs.  (The thread you originally posted it to had nothing to do with your question.)

(3) Quite a few clips from the Stooges shorts were issued under different titles on 16mm film, usually (if not always) without sound.  They weren't "new" shorts, but rather clips taken from existing Stooges shorts previously released in the theaters. 

I don't know which short "Milk and Money" may have come from without a description of the scene, but from the title I'm going to guess that it is from Busy Buddies.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Hello!

Has anyone heard of a silent Three Stooges short "Milk and Money".  A person I know has a 16mm silent short of the skit, but we cannot find any other information about "Milk and Money"

Thanks for your time and help!
Jackie

Hi i found 2 stooge films on ebay none i have never heard of.
1. Smashing Tomatoes
2. Milk and Money
Has any one heard of these films? ???

Silent, 5-minute, retitled abridgements from a handful of the Columbia shorts, marketed for home viewing with a toy 16mm projector in the late 1940s, by a company named Excel.

Back in 1988, The Three Stooges Journal published a detailed 2-part article about the projector, and a list of the Stooge titles sold with it.

The Three Stooges Journal # 46
The Three Stooges Journal # 47

Offline 2reelers

Would anyone who happens to have these issues (#46-47) of The Three Stooges Journal be kind enough to send me the list of Excel Stooge titles?

Offline garystooge

Would anyone who happens to have these issues (#46-47) of The Three Stooges Journal be kind enough to send me the list of Excel Stooge titles?

I'll do one better. That list that I published back in Journals 46-47 was current at the time, but that was back in 1988.  Over the past 20 years I've uncovered about 20 additional titles. Below is a more up-to date listing. I may have missed 1 or 2....if so I'll post an addendum to cover those.  Note that some of the titles below were marketed in a variety of lengths (50-ft, 100-ft or 200-ft) while others just in a single length. In addition, some were marketed in 8mm and 16mm formats while others were sold in just one of those formats.
Gary

EXCEL FILM NAME
3 STOOGES JOIN THE ARMY
ACCIDENTLY SCALPED
ALL HASHED UP
ANTS IN THE PANTRY
ARMY TROUBLES
BEAR HUNTING
CATS IN THE PIANO
DANGEROUS BUCKAROOS
DIZZY INVENTORS
FAKE MEDICINE SHOW
GETTING BACK AT THE SERGEANT
GRIN AND BEAR IT
HEAVY GUNNERS
HUNGRY THREE
HUNTING FISH
IN THE TRAIN
INTERIOR DECORATORS
LOAN WOLVES
MILK AND MONEY
MONKEY BUSINESS
OH DOCTOR
OUT FOR BUSINESS
PAIN IN THE PULLMAN
PLANE CRAZY
PRIZE BOARDERS
ROUGH STUFF
SMASHED TOMATOES
SOME TRAPPERS
THREE FAKERS
THUD AND BLUNDER
WHOOPS IM AN INDIAN
WILD BILL HICCUP

Offline Ljubanop

I need help with an episode I have tried to find that I remembered watching years ago. I don't remember too much from it, or the year which it was filmed.
I know the three stooges were Moe, Larry and Curly. 

The only part from this episode I remember is when Curley, disguised as a fortune teller of some sort with think glasses was sitting down with Moe, and he began to speak gibberish and Moe would be translating what curly was saying into English, and then Moe would speak gibberish back to curly.  I remember I laughed so hard I cried when I saw that skit and was wondering if anyone knew what episode I was talking about….I was told it was from the film “Three Arabian knuts” but they were wrong and that was not the film.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The only part from this episode I remember is when Curley, disguised as a fortune teller of some sort with think glasses was sitting down with Moe, and he began to speak gibberish and Moe would be translating what curly was saying into English, and then Moe would speak gibberish back to curly.  I remember I laughed so hard I cried when I saw that skit and was wondering if anyone knew what episode I was talking about….I was told it was from the film “Three Arabian knuts” but they were wrong and that was not the film.

THREE LITTLE PIRATES (1946)

Offline Ljubanop

OMG, its one of the few films im missing...geeze figures...would anyone happen to have a clip of it anywhere?

Offline JazzBill

OMG, its one of the few films im missing...geeze figures...would anyone happen to have a clip of it anywhere?
[youtube=425,350]SfYp6BNAWCE[/youtube]
Here's a short clip.

Offline bpottinger

Is there a way to print out your "My Videos Collection" file?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Is there a way to print out your "My Videos Collection" file?
Not as such, but what a good idea!  (That's another one of those "Why didn't I think of that before?" ideas.)  I'll try to add a printout function to it this weekend - ditto for the Memorabilia collections.

Offline bpottinger

:laugh:  I was wanting to print it so I could easily compare what I have to the master list.  I will look forward to being able to do that. 
Thanks  :laugh:

Offline avsig

Hello

That clip is from my youtube channel avsig. I'll try to post the whole episode on Saturday.