Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338615

stooged and confused

To The Grouse:
 [pie]
The short you are asking about is "Higher Than A Kite." It is one of their wartime/Nazi themed two reelers.

Offline Myren

Hey if this has been asked or talked about I would like to say whoops ahead of time. I did a search but nothing came up.

With the “new” The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 2 1937-1939 coming out on dvd and the first volume too, the question is it worth picking up? I guess I was wondering if the quality is much better then the other dvd that have been put out in the past? And yes I know it is in order of release, a plus.

Thank you for all the input, or links to discussion about this on this board.

Offline Myren

Ok I did some more looking around and did fine the reviews I was looking for. DOH! Now time to order and pre-order vol. 1 & 2.

[bonk]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hey if this has been asked or talked about I would like to say whoops ahead of time. I did a search but nothing came up.

With the “new” The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 2 1937-1939 coming out on dvd and the first volume too, the question is it worth picking up? I guess I was wondering if the quality is much better then the other dvd that have been put out in the past? And yes I know it is in order of release, a plus.

Ok I did some more looking around and did fine the reviews I was looking for. DOH! Now time to order and pre-order vol. 1 & 2.

[bonk]

LOL!  Well, I guess I don't have to suggest that you visit the Stooges DVD/VHS/Home Video board for the reviews and comments.   ;)

For a short answer to your question about whether the new Collection is worth it:  HELL YES!   ;D

xraffle

I wrote a review for Volume 1 and provided some screenshots to compare the new releases with the old ones. http://threestooges.net/forums/index.php?topic=1933.msg12026#msg12026

Since some people found that helpful, I will do the same with Volume 2 when I get it. If I find a copy in the store, my review should be posted by next week. But I agree with Rob. Yes, it is worth it. 19-24 shorts for only $20 or less, you can't go wrong.

Offline Myren

Thanks guys. I just ordered them from circut city. Only $19.95 EACH!!! Better then the $19.95 for on dvd with only 5 short.

I just hope they put out all the SHEMP shorts as well.

NOCREDIT500

how heck i make a new post ?  i looked at help  and i do not see the button to start a new post     [pie] [3stooges]

NOCREDIT500

Offline TermiteOf2008

I've always wondered just how much was deleted from Stooges shorts, how many classic moments are now lost and gone forever due to editing room decisions?  I was wondering if anyone out there has some idea of what might have been deleted from any particular short. I'll make a list of the ones I can think of:

1. Malice in the Palace---Curly's cameo deleted
2. So Long, Mr. Chumps---Crying scene with Bud Jamison and scene with carpenter's clamp deleted
3. How High Is Up?---kitchen scene with Lucille Lund deleted
4. Matri-Phony---scene with beauty contest winners deleted (according to The Three Stooges Scrapbook)
5. Three Loan Wolves---scene with policemen deleted (though any mention of this scene is strangely missing from the transcription in The Three Stooges Journal--anyone know why this might be?)
6. G.I. Wanna Home---still photo suggests that a scene was deleted---it would've taken place in the beginning right after the boys meet their wives, note the quick fade-out
7. Cookoo Cavaliers---scene showing the result of the hair removal tonic on the dog deleted
8. Heavenly Daze---musical Ten Commandments scene deleted (according to The Three Stooges Scrapbook); scene with switchboard operator in Heaven deleted (a still photo exists of this scene)

Offline gwhittle

Does anyone remember the episode where the stooges were teachers. They sang a song that went something like this: b-a-bay;b-e bye;b-i-bickybo, etc... Sorry that's not much to go on.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone remember the episode where the stooges were teachers. They sang a song that went something like this: b-a-bay;b-e bye;b-i-bickybo, etc... Sorry that's not much to go on.

VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY (1938)

[pie]

Hello all you "Chuckleheads"!  I'm nyacknyacknyack55 and (obviously) I'm a newbie.  I have a question!!
 What was the name of the episode with Curley in it where they accidentally infiltrate a Nazi headquarters
and they try and fix the wiring or the phone, and people are trying to call and get through?  And did I see a young
Mr. Bridges (what's his first name) that was on "Seahunt" trying to get a call through the operators and were there
any other young future famous actors in that little segment?That was a riot!

AmalgamatedMoron

Hello all you "Chuckleheads"!  I'm nyacknyacknyack55 and (obviously) I'm a newbie.  I have a question!!
 What was the name of the episode with Curley in it where they accidentally infiltrate a Nazi headquarters
and they try and fix the wiring or the phone, and people are trying to call and get through?  And did I see a young
Mr. Bridges (what's his first name) that was on "Seahunt" trying to get a call through the operators and were there
any other young future famous actors in that little segment?That was a riot!

They Stooge To Conga (1943)

This short will be available on The Three Stooges Collection, Vol. 4, 1943-1945.  It will be released on October 7th.

garysheski

Hey Everyone! Garysheski here. Here's news: If you enjoyed Marjorie White in Woman Haters, you're gonna love this one: I've just spent the last three years doing a life bio of her, hopefully soon to appear in print! (OK so I'm advertising!) Soon as I've my ten posts in, I'll do a detailed description of what it's all about, under a new category with her name in the headline. I've sent a copy to Gary Lassin, editor of the The Three Stooges Journal, for his use in that mag, and a full-length version I'll publish on my own. Keep your eyes peeled for it, you won't be disappointed!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:22:05 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline metaldams

Hey Everyone! Garysheski here. Here's news: If you enjoyed Marjorie White in Woman Haters, you're gonna love this one: I've just spent the last three years doing a life bio of her, hopefully soon to appear in print! (OK so I'm advertising!) Soon as I've my ten posts in, I'll do a detailed description of what it's all about, under a new category with her name in the headline. I've sent a copy to Gary Lassin, editor of the The Three Stooges Journal, for his use in that mag, and a full-length version I'll publish on my own. Keep your eyes peeled for it, you won't be disappointed!

Cool!  I've actuay seen her in a couple of other movies (as I'm sure you have).  Joe E. Brown's BROADMINDED (look at my avatar and guess why I watched that one), and if memory serves correct, Wheeler and Woolsey's DIPLOMANIACS.
- Doug Sarnecky

garysheski

E-mail says I have a msg from metaldams in the "newbies" section. looked for it, cant find it!  Where else do I look?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Ummm...  look at the post right above your last post, Gary.    ;)

garysheski

She actually made 15 films in her life,(that we know of) a few of which are totally lost and gone, She was great! What Garbo was to drama, and Mae West was to sex appeal, Marjorie White was to comic entertainment! Love Her!

garysheski

A "tech tip": Ever notice, when you try to download something on your PC, all you get is a blank screen with a little red "x" in the corner? e-mail me directly gmzewski@aol.com, if you've got Windows, I'll give you detailed instructions how to defeat that block, and get the image you want. It's a little complicated until you get the hang of it, but it's 100% foolproof & perfectly legal! It's a way to "trick" the PC into doing something it really wasn't made for!

xraffle

A "tech tip": Ever notice, when you try to download something on your PC, all you get is a blank screen with a little red "x" in the corner? e-mail me directly gmzewski@aol.com, if you've got Windows, I'll give you detailed instructions how to defeat that block, and get the image you want. It's a little complicated until you get the hang of it, but it's 100% foolproof & perfectly legal! It's a way to "trick" the PC into doing something it really wasn't made for!

???

ThumpTheShoes

Foolproof AND legal? What the Heezy?! Share it with us all right here and NOW!

garysheski

Way too complicated to explain here, that's why I said e-mail me- I'll give it to you there!