Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 336397

xraffle

P.S. I laughed at that early advertisement for the Two-VHS Gift Set for ONLY $54.95.  In 1984.  In today's dollars that would be around $110.  For 6 whole episodes.  We've come a long way. [cool]

Yeah, I saw that!! 6 shorts for $55!! :o Whoa! Now we get 20+ shorts for only $20 and better quality too.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Decided I must share this with youz guys ... my dog died early this morning of what appeared to be a heart attack. I didn't have the heart to bury him before I went to work, so now this evening, I gave him a proper. So long, my little pal.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Decided I must share this with youz guys ... my dog died early this morning of what appeared to be a heart attack. I didn't have the heart to bury him before I went to work, so now this evening, I gave him a proper. So long, my little pal.

I'm truly sorry to hear that, Giff.  My condolences to you and your family.  I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet like that.   [sad3]

Offline metaldams

I know what it's like to lose a pet, it's an awful feeling.  My condolences, Giff.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Thanks, fellas. It truly means alot to me for your support.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline archiezappa

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.  It must be awful.  I hope you're doing okay.  I remember when I was a kid and my dog died.  It was awful.  I guess things like this are never easy, no matter how old you are.   [cry]

chad2411

You may have discussed this before, but, on the site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Three_Stooges_films   Spooks! and Pardon My Backfire were shot in 3-D...  I did watch these and the 3-D is hilarious being for instance the "eye poke" bit is Moe dotting the camera, and objects flying while tied to a string.  I'm sure it was cool back then, but what were they thinking?  LOL

chad2411

Did the Howard's have other siblings?  What are their backgrounds?  Any photos?

Offline JazzBill

Did the Howard's have other siblings?  What are their backgrounds?  Any photos?

There were two brothers that didn't get into acting. Jack and Irving. There is a picture of them in" Moe Howard & The 3 Stooges ".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Hisler

Im looking for a map of starvania.  Ive checked the major search engines and they only send me to sites referring to the shorts the map was in like "ill never heil again" and "malice in the palace".  Can anyone send me a link or a picture?
Thanks much

Offline Socco

Trying to find an episode in which Larry cries "I can't see! I can't see!"
Moe asks what's wrong & Larry replies "I've got my eyes closed". At which point Moe poles him in the eyes again.

Can anyone direct me?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Moe asks what's wrong & Larry replies "I've got my eyes closed". At which point Moe poles him in the eyes again.

ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

Stooge Quotes

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Can anyone direct me?

ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)

Stooge Quotes

That routine was also used in:
# CALLING ALL CURS
# A MISSED FORTUNE
# SPOOKS!
# STONE AGE ROMEOS
# SAPPY BULL FIGHTERS

Stooges Info -> Stooge Routines on the menu

Offline Sequoia48

I saw a scene very much like this many years ago, and I can't seem to find it again.  It was done in a really hilarious way, I thought, but I seem to be one of a very few who found it so memorable.  I must have something wrong, because search engines can't seem to find it for me.  It went something like the following; can anyone help?

Stooge 1: "Hey, (?, Stooge 2).  Here's $10 of the $20 I owe you."
Stooge 2: "(?, Stooge 3).  Here's $10 of the $20 I owe you."
Stooge 3: "(?, Stooge 1).  Here's $10 of the $20 I owe you."

Stooge 1: "Hey, (?, Stooge 2).   Here's the other $10 I owe you."
Stooge 2: "(?, Stooge 3).   Here's the other $10 I owe you."
Stooge 3: "(?, Stooge 1).   Here's the other $10 I owe you."

Stooge 1 pockets the $10 he started with, and all are happy.

xraffle

I saw a scene very much like this many years ago, and I can't seem to find it again.  It was done in a really hilarious way, I thought, but I seem to be one of a very few who found it so memorable.  I must have something wrong, because search engines can't seem to find it for me.  It went something like the following; can anyone help?

I believe that's "A Merry Mix-Up." I'm about 95% sure because I only saw that short twice and it's been a long time since I last saw it.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Larry does that bit to Moe in one of the Bessers. It's the one when he has a secretary and that big ass bowtie. Man I can't recall the name of that one.

It's only two of them though, no third Stooge.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

I believe that's "A Merry Mix-Up."

A MERRY MIX-UP (1957) is correct.

Offline StoogeTrio

I recently saw an ad on Los Angles craigs list selling a house once owned by Curly? How cool would that be and was this really his home at one time? 

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/reb/1324856771.html

Offline FineBari3

I recently saw an ad on Los Angles craigs list selling a house once owned by Curly? How cool would that be and was this really his home at one time? 

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/reb/1324856771.html

Well, Toluca Lake sounds right; I know Shemp lived in that area. 

$700,000's.....Man, that could buy a palatial estate and probably 100 acres of land where I live, north of Pittsburgh!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline curlysdame

Well, Toluca Lake sounds right; I know Shemp lived in that area. 

$700,000's.....Man, that could buy a palatial estate and probably 100 acres of land where I live, north of Pittsburgh!

Although I know nothing about the geography of LA or its surrounding area, could this possibly be 'the house on Ledge St.' That Curly bought for his third wife, Marion?  Three bedrooms sounds like a good clue; he had a stepson in that marriage.  Too bad there's no street name mentioned in the ad...

$700,000?  That'd be a steal, in my neighborhood!  I live in the Sunset District, in San Francisco.  I've seen Junior 5s go for over $1 million.   :o
"Imagine five things like us in one room??  I can't stand it!" - Curly (Time Out For Rhythm 1941)

Offline BigDaddy

Hi, I am truly a NEWBIE here and I would like to know which episode it was that Moe holds a nail to be hit and says "when I nod my head....you hit it".  Also, if anyone knows where I might see this clip.  Thanks!

Offline Myren

Does anyone have any idea where this clip is from? (It says it is from a 1950's TV show. But what show?) And it is weird that the stooges do not use there names here as well.

[youtube=425,350]K4ljDYAlc-M[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:03:58 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone have any idea where this clip is from? (It says it is from a 1950's TV show. But what show?) And it is weird that the stooges do not use there names here as well.
[youtube=425,350]K4ljDYAlc-M[/youtube]

THE EDDIE CANTOR COMEDY THEATRE (4/29/55), this sketch is available on DVD.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Hi, I am truly a NEWBIE here and I would like to know which episode it was that Moe holds a nail to be hit and says "when I nod my head....you hit it".  Also, if anyone knows where I might see this clip. 

Not the Stooges... that was done by Laurel & Hardy (BUSY BODIES [1933] if memory serves), and later borrowed a couple times by Gleason & Carney in "The Honeymooners" sketches.