Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 338656

Offline gd6265

im looking for a certain episode/short. where curly plays the mahraja. hes wearing big thick glasses. i have been looking for this for years and i cant remember it for the life of me. PLEASE HELP!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:54:39 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
im looking for a certain episode/short. where curly plays the mahraja. hes wearing big thick glasses. i have been looking for this for years and i cant remember it for the life of me. PLEASE HELP!

THREE LITTLE PIRATES (1946)

Offline Gritto RhumBoogie

Whose idea was it to get Besser instead of continuing to remake old Shemp shorts?
That will be all, Ralph.

Cartoonguy

Well, the Grim Reaper had a lot to do with continuing Shemp shorts, new or remakes.

Offline Rhinosaurus

Hi everyone, new to the board, lifelong knucklehead.

Quick question about the Pilot Jerk of All Trades.  I saw the dvd in a used book store today for $3 and wondered is this worth buying?  It has this pilot, some movie trailers, and a couple other things I don't recall.  I will probably buy it, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of this short?

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's pretty good and definitely worth $3.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Rhinosaurus

Thanks, Im gonna pick it up tomorrow.

I think like 14 episodes of the cartoon were also on the disc so I hope it is still there.

Offline Curly4444

Anybody remember the name of that TV special they did back in the late 80's or early 90's on the stooges life? They got famous comedians to play the stooges. I'm thinking maybe billy crystal?

Dog Hambone

Quick question about the Pilot Jerk of All Trades.  I saw the dvd in a used book store today for $3 and wondered is this worth buying?  It has this pilot, some movie trailers, and a couple other things I don't recall.  I will probably buy it, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of this short?

I hope you are able to find it & buy it at the store today. I taped it off teevee several years back, & I still enjoy watching it. It's a chance to see the Three Stooges doing a live act in front of a studio audience, which is unique. It doesn't have the added sound effects, though, which is still one of my favorite features in the Stooges shorts.

Offline FineBari3

Anybody remember the name of that TV special they did back in the late 80's or early 90's on the stooges life? They got famous comedians to play the stooges. I'm thinking maybe billy crystal?

It was on ABC, and the only real famous person involved was Michael Chiklis, from The Commish and The Shield.

The Three Stooges 2000

Look at the Filmography...it's a wonderful part of this site! (not to mention, the name!) 
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Curly4444

Wow, thanks a million. I forgot the guy from the shield was in that. Too bad it isnt on DVD.

Look at the Filmography...it's a wonderful part of this site! (not to mention, the name!) 

Will do.

Offline Rhinosaurus

I bought it today, well worth the money.  The short (Jerk of all Trades) IS funny but yes very weird to see the stooges without sound effects, and having a studio audience laugh.  Kind of gives you the vibe they probably had while on vaudeville, which is priceless.

Also included are 4 trailers: STOP! LOOK! and LAUGH!   Have Rocket, Will Travel, Three Stooges in Orbit, and Go Around the World in a Daze
17 of the cartoons, WOW
and 25 mins worth of colorized Moe, Larry, Curly Joe shorts... I think these were originally from the cartoon show.

In the same store I also found Three Stooges in Orbit for $6! Had to buy it even though I'm not a big CJ fan and I hope they release all the movies in one set eventually.

chad2411

I bought it today, well worth the money.  The short (Jerk of all Trades) IS funny but yes very weird to see the stooges without sound effects, and having a studio audience laugh.  Kind of gives you the vibe they probably had while on vaudeville, which is priceless.

Also included are 4 trailers: STOP! LOOK! and LAUGH!   Have Rocket, Will Travel, Three Stooges in Orbit, and Go Around the World in a Daze
17 of the cartoons, WOW
and 25 mins worth of colorized Moe, Larry, Curly Joe shorts... I think these were originally from the cartoon show.

In the same store I also found Three Stooges in Orbit for $6! Had to buy it even though I'm not a big CJ fan and I hope they release all the movies in one set eventually.

Crazy thing, my wife picked up what sounds like the same disk at Homeland (grocery store) new for $5 on sale just a few days ago.  I haven't watched it yet, but very interesting.

Offline robbrenn

Hi All, I am looking for the episode where the boys are in a throne room with the king.... laugh for the sake of laughing starts in and all they do is laugh, I know this is thin but I thought the greymatters might have a answer. thnks rob

Offline Brad Barron

What is the episode where Shemp or it may be Larry says, 'the gg  goon!"

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
I am looking for the episode where the boys are in a throne room with the king.... laugh for the sake of laughing starts in and all they do is laugh

FIDDLERS THREE (1948)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline augie

I happened to pick up Jerks Of All Trades, too, on vhs, some time ago.
It's not a short, it's a tv pilot.

Cartoonguy

Has anyone else seen this?

VIDEO: Marilyn Hanold reflects on a Hollywood career, crossing paths with Elvis and The Three Stooges

http://www.montgomerynews.com/articles/2010/05/06/montgomery_life/doc4be19e50e2f42033863274.txt

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Has anyone else seen this?

Posted a couple days ago, in the Fan Club Meeting discussion, the Fan Club Meeting being where the interview was conducted.

Offline tlm724

I am looking for a picture of the "Comedy Mask" on the title card of each short, its the fat smiling mask in the upper left corner. I want to get a memorial tattoo to honor the biggest stooge fan I ever knew. If someone has a clear picture of the mask I would really appreciate it.

Offline falsealarms

I am looking for a picture of the "Comedy Mask" on the title card of each short, its the fat smiling mask in the upper left corner. I want to get a memorial tattoo to honor the biggest stooge fan I ever knew. If someone has a clear picture of the mask I would really appreciate it.

This?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comedy+mask

Offline FineBari3

This?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comedy+mask

I don't think that's it.  The mask is on the mid-40's shorts until the very end of their Columbia career.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline tlm724

I have searched the internet for weeks trying to find that mask. It's very important that I get the right one as this will be permanent. I even paused one of the shorts and took a picture of the TV screen but it was so distorted it won't due for a tattoo. If someone can get a pic for me I'll post the tattoo as soon as I get it. Thanks so much

ThumpTheShoes