Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013 NFL Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Watching Monday Night Football, I have to say, I see no point in even having the NFC portion of the playoffs if Seattle gets home field throughout. Roger Goodell better start printing Seattle's ticket to the Meadowlands for the Super Bowl...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A lot of snow today. I like it, smash-mouth football in the elements....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Great game today between the Pats and Fins. And depending on how things shake out tonight, New England could drop to the #3 seed in the AFC.

And the Bears coach won't be second guessed for putting Jay Cutler back in the lineup, although the Browns did not make it easy...

Offline JazzBill

And the Bears coach won't be second guessed for putting Jay Cutler back in the lineup, although the Browns did not make it easy...

I wouldn't bet on that. Cutler looked pretty shaky. I'm interested in what sports radio will be saying tomorrow.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline JazzBill

I wouldn't bet on that. Cutler looked pretty shaky. I'm interested in what sports radio will be saying tomorrow.

I was wrong. Almost everyone is pretty happy and satisfied with the way things turned out for Cutler.  I'll bet there are a lot of unhappy Cowboy fans out there. Blowing a 23 point halftime lead is pretty impressive.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I didn't think anybody could challenge last year's Saints for worst defense of all-time but the Cowboys appear to be well on their way. How Monte Kiffin still has a job is beyond me...

Offline Kopfy2013

I'd take anybody over Haslett ... now how does HE have a job? 30 thru 32 in defense last few years.
Niagara Falls

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Congrats to Peyton Manning for setting the all-time TD record for a season, 51; now there's going to be even more pressure on the Broncos to at least get to the Super Bowl, never mind winning it.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wow, the Dolphins gagged big time these last few weeks, all they had to do was beat the Bills and the suck ass Jets to get in & couldn't get it done. Which means I'm hoping a Chiefs team that is resting their starters somehow beat San Diego & my Steelers are in the tournament...

Offline JazzBill

At least the Bears have finally been put out of their misery. If they can pick up some defense this off season they might make a little noise next year.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Now that Aaron Rodgers is back in the saddle, does that make Green Bay the most dangerous team in the NFC playoffs? I guess it all depends on who they draw in the first round, still a lot to be determined, this Eagles/Cowboys game is closer than I thought it would be....

Offline JazzBill

Now that Aaron Rodgers is back in the saddle, does that make Green Bay the most dangerous team in the NFC playoffs? I guess it all depends on who they draw in the first round, still a lot to be determined, this Eagles/Cowboys game is closer than I thought it would be....

The Packers get the 49ers at home in first round.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Niners, wow. That's going to be a tough out even if Mr. Discount Double Check is at full strength. And I got to think the Saints are going to be a quick out whoever they play, they are just too pitiful when you take them out of that dome....

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Wild Card Weekend Predictions:

Indy over KC
Philadelphia over New Orleans

San Diego over Cincinnati
Green Bay over the Niners

Offline Squirrelbait

Colts over Chiefs
Eagles over Saints
Bengals over Chargers
49ers over Packers
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Lefty

The Eagles are in the playoffs; the Giants and Cowboys are not.  Anything hereafter is icing on the puck -- uh, cake.  But the perfect scenario would be for the Eagles to beat the Saints, Panthers, 49ers, and Patriots to avenge prior postseason losses.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This has been one hell of a game between the Chiefs and Colts; looked like KC was going to run away with it when it was 38-10, but the Colts have come storming back...

Offline JazzBill

WTF ! Defense anyone ?

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I think you'll be getting some defense in these colder weather games. So far, Saints/Eagles has been a struggle...

Offline Lefty

The Birds are done, "officially," but at least the Walrus went down with them.  Let's go, Flyers!!!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I just have a feeling the Bengals are going to crumble under the playoff pressure; it's what they do. And I'll be pulling for Squirrelbait's Packers today (Rodgers!)....

Offline Squirrelbait

I just have a feeling the Bengals are going to crumble under the playoff pressure; it's what they do. And I'll be pulling for Squirrelbait's Packers today (Rodgers!)....

Thanks for the support Shemp_Diesel!
I was REALLY feeling good earlier......now I feel like throwing my TV over a cliff. ;D

If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, despite what happened to the Pack, this has been a great opening round of the playoffs. I wonder if the entirety of this year's postseason will be as good as last year's?

Offline JazzBill

Well, despite what happened to the Pack, this has been a great opening round of the playoffs. I wonder if the entirety of this year's postseason will be as good as last year's?

It was a real good game, right down to the end. Being in Chicago I was glad to see the Packers lose. But I have to admit Rodgers is a damn good QB. It wasn't his fault the Packers lost. The defense has been suspect all year.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Divisional Round predictions:

Seattle over Saints
Indy over Patriots

Panthers over 49ers
Broncos over Chargers