Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013 NFL Thread

Offline Squirrelbait

Just when you think the NFL can't get any screwier, the Bucs are leading the Seahawks at halftime. 

Today was a strange day, indeed. Was amazed to hear about Nick Foles scoring 7 TD's as well.

By the way, I missed most of the late game (Colts/Texans). What exactly happened to Gary Kubiak?
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Today was a strange day, indeed. Was amazed to hear about Nick Foles scoring 7 TD's as well.

By the way, I missed most of the late game (Colts/Texans). What exactly happened to Gary Kubiak?

Yeah, Nick Foles turns into Joe Montana when he's playing scrubs like Tampa and Oakland.

As for Kubiak, read below:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9923828/gary-kubiak-houston-texans-taken-field-stretcher-half-indianapolis-colts
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Squirrelbait

As a Packer fan, this Monday night is sickening.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Yeah, the Rodgers injury really sucks, hoping he won't miss too much time in the near future but nobody knows yet how serious it is...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline JazzBill

After the long run Green Bay has had with Favre and Rodgers playing almost injury free, we here in Chicago didn't mind seeing him leave the game at all.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I had a dream of seeing 2 teams go 0-16 this year & now that dream is dead, thanks to those damn Titans.

And raise your hand if you had the Rams smoking the Colts today. Anybody???  ???

Offline Squirrelbait

I had a dream of seeing 2 teams go 0-16 this year & now that dream is dead, thanks to those damn Titans.

And raise your hand if you had the Rams smoking the Colts today. Anybody???  ???

Shocked to see both of these. And look on the bright side, 0-16 is still looking good for the Bucs.

I had picked the Titans for my Survivor pool this week. Oops!

And here's what best describes my reaction when I was watching my Packers:

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Looking ahead a bit, suddenly next week's Monday nighter between the Pats and the Panthers might be a better game than what I originally thought going into the season or even just a few weeks ago when I would have said the Pats would smoke the Panthers, but now I'm not so sure...

Offline JazzBill

but now I'm not so sure...

You can't be sure of anything this year.

Offline Squirrelbait

You can't be sure of anything this year.

You can say that again.

It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night when the Dolphins and Bucs meet up.

Offline Squirrelbait

So many upsets.

The Bucs now have their first win of the season. No one goes 0-16 after all.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

This has to be one of the craziest NFL seasons I can remember...

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Severe weather in Illinois delaying the Bears game, don't know if JazzBill is in the line of fire, but hope he's holding up well....

Offline JazzBill

Severe weather in Illinois delaying the Bears game, don't know if JazzBill is in the line of fire, but hope he's holding up well....

We got a lot of rain and wind by me but no damage. Thank you for your concern.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

A great day of football so far, 49ers & Saints go down to the wire. Hoping the Broncos smother the Chiefs tonight...

Offline Squirrelbait

A great day of football so far, 49ers & Saints go down to the wire. Hoping the Broncos smother the Chiefs tonight...

The Broncos looked great against the Chiefs, indeed.

We're in the midst of a good one right now - Patriots and Panthers are all tied up at 17 with only ten minutes left. This is looking very interesting.....

Offline JazzBill

Patriots and Panthers are all tied up at 17 with only ten minutes left. This is looking very interesting.....

I think the Patriots got screwed. It sure looked like pass interference to me on that last play.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The pass interference that wasn't called is the talk of the sports world today. Imagine how worse it would be if the NFL still had the scab referees working the game...

Offline JazzBill

Another crazy week in the NFL. It appears as "defense" is a dirty word for the Bears.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Steelers won, that's the good news. The bad news is that I'm getting killed in the weekly picks contest I'm entered in. So many going down in flames & the damn Vikings and Packers can't even decide a winner. Parity rules in the NFL...  :-\

Offline JazzBill

Steelers won, that's the good news. The bad news is that I'm getting killed in the weekly picks contest I'm entered in. So many going down in flames & the damn Vikings and Packers can't even decide a winner. Parity rules in the NFL...  :-\

I'm taking a beating too, but I imagine everyone else is also. In the early games I have more wrong picks than right ones. I did pick the Steelers, that's one of the few I did get right.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
How about that for an SNF game? Go Pats!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Squirrelbait

How about that for an SNF game? Go Pats!

It was an awesome game alright!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I guess that's what happens when you have one of the greatest QBs of all time in your huddle, you can erase a 24-0 deficit like it ain't shit. It must be great to be a Patriots fan.

Offline Squirrelbait

It must be great to be a Patriots fan.

It's gotta feel awesome.

The Patriots are a class act - Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have built one of the greatest NFL dynasties of all time.