Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013 Baseball Thread...

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well he's done it all year but that's the best plunking Victorino's taken so far. Bases loaded, one out and closer gone...let's extend this lead.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Peedy!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

Why the fuck is Maddon taking out Archer?  In case this goes to extras, Archer would be a much better long man than Wesley Wright.  Let's hope Wright gets 1 out and is not factored into the decision.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I know I've said it before, but let me reiterate that these Tampa spectators are not real fans. They are the worst, don't show up until the playoffs, wave frickin' pom-poms and don't deserve any teams at all. Tampa sports fans suck and I don't care who gets offended.

Offline metaldams

I know I've said it before, but let me reiterate that these Tampa spectators are not real fans. They are the worst, don't show up until the playoffs, wave frickin' pom-poms and don't deserve any teams at all. Tampa sports fans suck and I don't care who gets offended.

My Aunt's been living in Florida for 30 years....huge Braves fan.  This is what pisses me off about Tampa's success against us, nobody appreciates it!  As annoying as the Yankees are, at least they have fans we can spar with.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Uehara has been giving up some fly balls lately, but at least it's an out.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
MY-ERS!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Nice play Uehara and Peedy...here we go.

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
High five Douglas, it's on to the ALCS!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Orgasm!!!!!!

Clean yourself up first...then high five.

Offline metaldams

Clean yourself up first...then high five.

Relax, it landed in the toilet.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Relax, it landed in the toilet.

I usually wipe myself off with a sock then hose myself down afterwards. I'm liking Oakland's chances on thursday considering Scherzer pitched tonight. I've also correctly prognosticated not only the winners but the amount of games of both of the completed DS', and an Oakland win would give me 3 for 4 (Cards and Bucs is going 5, I said 4). Either way Boston is looking pretty for the ALCS.

Offline metaldams

Y'know, move of the night was Farrell pinch hitting Boagerts for Drew.  2 walks and 2 runs scored in a 3 - 1 game...huge.  Great job by Peavy and Breslow too.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Boston wins the division, goes 13 - 6 against the Yankees, the best in my lifetime, to eliminate them from postseason play, has the best record in the A.L., and gets some revenge for 2008 and 2011 by eliminating Tampa Bay in the ALDS.  Barring an epic choke 2004 Yankees style, this will go down as a good season no matter what.  Let's hope Boston wins the World Series anyway.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Congrats Metal and shemps. Looks like we're 1 step closer to that Boston/Dodgers series most people seem to be clamoring for...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Liz

• Donald O'Connor's and Gene Kelly's #1 Fan
  • Puddinhead
    • The Psycho Ward's Classic Film Reviews - Request a film to be reviewed!
I predict a Sox/Dodgers series too.  Great clutch win by our boys in red last night.
IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It's impossible not to root for the Buccos tonight, unless you're a Cards fan.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well that homer will most likely knock the Cardinals into the NLCS...snore. Well at least I've picked all 3 LCS teams so far.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The Pirates had their shot to kill the Cardinals in Game 4 in Pittsburgh & could not get the job done, all I can hope for now is that the Dodgers annihilate them in the NLCS.

And depending on what happens tomorrow, I think Boston is sitting pretty right now having home field advantage, although when they are hitting, I still look at Detroit as being the most complete in the AL. If the A's when, then I think Boston will hammer them in the ALCS.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, Verlander had a no-hitter working for about 6 and 2/3, but the A's broke it up, but the shutout is still intact & the way Justin is dealing, 3 runs is plenty...

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Well, Verlander had a no-hitter working for about 6 and 2/3, but the A's broke it up, but the shutout is still intact & the way Justin is dealing, 3 runs is plenty...

Yeah, it looks like it'll be Boston and Detroit; quite frankly the two best teams in the American League. Both have superb pitching staffs and lineups. Although Detroit may have the flashier, more marketable lineup, it was the Red Sox who lead MLB in runs scored. Should be an excellent series.

Offline metaldams

Oakland had got to be the anti-Cardinals, they never come up big in the post season.  It must be horrible being an Oakland fan.

Barring an Oakland comeback, Boston and Detroit should be fun.  I actually can stand Detroit, unlike the Yanks and Tampa Bay, so in case Boston does lose, that will take away some of the sting.  But shit, Boston is capable of beating anybody at this point, so let's hope they get it done.

By the way, I haven't shaved since day 1 of the ALDS and won't until Boston's eliminated or wins the World Series.  Rally beard, baby!
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Oakland had got to be the anti-Cardinals, they never come up big in the post season.  It must be horrible being an Oakland fan.

Barring an Oakland comeback, Boston and Detroit should be fun.  I actually can stand Detroit, unlike the Yanks and Tampa Bay, so in case Boston does lose, that will take away some of the sting.  But shit, Boston is capable of beating anybody at this point, so let's hope they get it done.

By the way, I haven't shaved since day 1 of the ALDS and won't until Boston's eliminated or wins the World Series.  Rally beard, baby!

Color me biased but I truly believe Boston is the best team in baseball, despite the star power in Detroit and Los Angeles.