Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2013 Baseball Thread...

Offline metaldams

What a game! Let's wrap this bitch up on Monday!

Good thing I did watch the game today, because I work until 9:00 at night and will miss most of Monday's game.  The good news is by the week of the 21st I will probably be working normal human being hours (finally), so I will probably catch the World Series.  Hope the Sox will be in it, good start so far! Uehara has been incredible, and Ortiz was a beast tonight.  That second home run was all because of me.  I actually stood up from the couch and Fisked it to stay fair.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Good thing I did watch the game today, because I work until 9:00 at night and will miss most of Monday's game.  The good news is by the week of the 21st I will probably be working normal human being hours (finally), so I will probably catch the World Series.  Hope the Sox will be in it, good start so far! Uehara has been incredible, and Ortiz was a beast tonight.  That second home run was all because of me.  I actually stood up from the couch and Fisked it to stay fair.

Not that I'm complaining but why the hell did Maddon insist on staying with an ineffective Price for so long? Okay, he went on a bit of a streak, after giving up six runs in 5 innings! He was just begging for someone to paste Price and there is no way he should have made it past the 6th, never mind be out there for the 8th. You have an off day tomorrow so you can go to your pen and not worry, and you might want to put Price out there on short rest for a potential Game 5 (not going to happen). What a pitcher's duel between the Tigers and A's; overall they have had the most competitive series thus far in the first two games.

Bucholz vs Cobb in Game 3, I like our chances for a sweep.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That was a pretty good Cards/Bucs game, poor Wacha can't get a break as far as no-hitters go but St. Louis sends it back home. If you're Detroit do you consider bringing Scherzer back on short rest, even in a bullpen role should Fister faulter? Let's see if the Sox can pull off the sweep.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Speaking of short rest, I got to think Don Mattingly is going to get hammered should his decision to bring back Kershaw on short rest backfire tonight....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Speaking of short rest, I got to think Don Mattingly is going to get hammered should his decision to bring back Kershaw on short rest backfire tonight....

The Dodgers have a 2-1 lead and he's bringing Kershaw in on short rest? He must have no confidence in the ass end of his rotation.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Disappointed, especially since it was a nobody catcher that got lucky off of Koji. Man those Rays "fans" are annoying with their pom-poms. If I see a Red Sox fan with pom poms I might have to catch an assault charge.

Offline metaldams

It's a tough loss, but Boston did not deserve this game.  Bad defense in the 8th plus Morales has no business being on the playoff roster, never mind starting an important inning.  Add in lack of getting the big hit in the 8th and 9th, and I just think it wasn't Boston's day.  I hope they can beat Tampa tomorrow.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, I can see that my analysis that Detroit was the most complete team heading into the postseason was about as worthless as the Detroit lineup has been this series. I know we still have about 4 more innings to go, but the way the Tigers have been swinging & the way Straily is throwing, a 3 run lead seems pretty safe.
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Did I say Detroit was cooked, oops!!!   ::)

Offline metaldams

Boston's offense looks cooked.  This is why I fear Tampa Bay.  They need to shut these guys up, which they haven't done much of since 2008.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Well...9 outs to go!  Shit this is torture.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

6 outs away, 2 - 1 leads are not historically Boston specialties, so this is nerve wrecking.  It's been four years, haven't felt this kind of baseball pressure in a while.  I wonder how it must feel for Pittsburgh fans about now?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

5 outs, and yes, I'm publically preserving my emotions in writing at this moment.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Offline metaldams

4 outs!  Bad news is Longoria now gets another chance.....and it's Koji time.  Let's hope last night was a fluke and there are some high fives tonight.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Koji time, and I counted outs back in 2003, how'd that work out? :P

Offline metaldams

Koji time, and I counted outs back in 2003, how'd that work out? :P

LOL, so did I, literally.  That stopped at five....and yes, my heart is pounding now.  Shit.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

FUCK YES!  He did leave a pitch up and got to a three ball count, so insurance would be nice just in case.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Sit the fuck down Tampa Bay Bitch! Keep that up Koji!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
FUCK YES!  He did leave a pitch up and got to a three ball count, so insurance would be nice just in case.

Insurance is always nice, no matter who is on the mound.

Offline metaldams

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
"Rays the Roof"? How lame is that?

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
4 pitch walk, they might have to take their closer out in the middle of an inning.

Offline metaldams

Now would be a good time for Doug Waechter or Casey Fossum. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Does Victorino wear bullseye pajamas?
- Doug Sarnecky