Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Classic Sitcoms and Gays

Boid Brain · 120 · 23962

Offline Boid Brain

Most everybody knows that the Brady Bunch dad and Miss Hathaway were gay/les, but there was one classic sitcom that had 3 gay cast members. Can you think of it?

A hint: the show had a large cast of regular and frequently featured members.

No Googling!

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I'll take a shot in the dark and say Soap.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

I'll take a shot in the dark and say Soap.
Well, I can't say for sure that that's wrong as I don't know. But It is not the show I'm thinking of. This show was far more successful and longer running that 'Soap'

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Cheers?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Boid Brain

Cheers?
Not Cheers....I'm wondering why you guessed those 2 shows as I can't think of any Gays from them. Do you know something I don't?

BTW, I can think of a show with 2 gays: Andy Griffith. (it just came to me)

xraffle

I did not know that Robert Reed was gay.

One classic show I can think of is "Bewitched." Dick Sargent was gay in real life, which is a shame because Elizabeth Montgomery was such a beautiful actress. Sargent didn't know how lucky he was to be working with her.

I know this doesn't answer Boid's question, but I'd just thought I'd point out that piece of trivia since we're on the topic of gay casts.

Offline ILMM

Frasier.
"That must be Nick Barker.... he's disguised as a black banana."-Shemp

Offline Boid Brain

I did not know that Robert Reed was gay.

One classic show I can think of is "Bewitched." Dick Sargent was gay in real life, which is a shame because Elizabeth Montgomery was such a beautiful actress. Sargent didn't know how lucky he was to be working with her.

I know this doesn't answer Boid's question, but I'd just thought I'd point out that piece of trivia since we're on the topic of gay casts.
WOW! Correct,,,it was Bewitched,,,,Paul Linde and Agnes Moorehead were the other 2.

Yes, Reed was a flaming queer. Henderson talked a lot about it on the VH1 show about the Bradey Bunch.

There was talk that the kid that played Tabitha ended up a dyke, bringing the total to 4, and the English dude too. But after much research I can't validate that.

xraffle

WOW! Correct,,,it was Bewitched,,,,Paul Linde and Agnes Moorehead were the other 2.

Yes, Reed was a flaming queer. Henderson talked a lot about it on the VH1 show about the Bradey Bunch.

There was talk that the kid that played Tabitha ended up a dyke, bringing the total to 4, and the English dude too. But after much research I can't validate that.

LOL! The was weird. I wasn't even answering the question. :laugh:

And I didn't know Paul Lynde and Agnes Moorehead were gay. I guess I'm not very good at figuring out a person's sexual orientation. :-\

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Erin Murphy is straight so I don't know where you are getting that from. Agnes Moorehead was not gay either; that was rumor and there is nothing to substantiate it. In fact, Ms. Moorehead was very religious if I remember right....the conservative Bible-banger type. I think I had read somewhere that she would read Bible stories to the kids on the set.

So X didn't know Paul Lynde was gay and Boid didn't know Jim (Jm) J Bullock was gay....are you guys blind? LOL Both Lynde and Bullock were/are so flaming they are prohibited from entering forests for fear of starting fires.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man

Hold the phone; I almost missed this. What does Elizabeth Montgomery's "beauty" (I agree btw, she was gorgeous) have to do with Dick Sargent being gay? Do you think Sargent should have been boning her on the set? Dick Sargent didn't "choose" to be gay, nobody does: just like you don't "choose" to be attracted to women (I assume). It's in the DNA and should not even matter as far as working on the set in a professional manner. Montgomery might have been gorgeous but I hardly think she was sitting there spread eagle on the set awaiting Dick Sargent to fuck her brains out.

What a horrible and ignorant thing to say.

Offline Curly4444

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Erin Murphy is straight so I don't know where you are getting that from. Agnes Moorehead was not gay either; that was rumor and there is nothing to substantiate it. In fact, Ms. Moorehead was very religious if I remember right....the conservative Bible-banger type. I think I had read somewhere that she would read Bible stories to the kids on the set.

Correct on Ms. Moorehead.

Erin's fraternal twin sister Diane is gay, and very active in California and national politics, ref. gay rights. Erin and Diane shared the role of 'Tabitha' in the 3rd season, but at 2-years-old grew out of their physical similarities. Diane subbed for her sister a couple times due to illness, and was a frequent extra in scenes with children, but as of the 4th season Erin was the sole 'Tabitha.'

Offline Boid Brain

Correct on Ms. Moorehead.

Erin's fraternal twin sister Diane is gay, and very active in California and national politics, ref. gay rights. Erin and Diane shared the role of 'Tabitha' in the 3rd season, but at 2-years-old grew out of their physical similarities. Diane subbed for her sister a couple times due to illness, and was a frequent extra in scenes with children, but as of the 4th season Erin was the sole 'Tabitha.'
Ah ha! Good info. But it does confirm that Tabitha was a bull dyke. It don't matter how many times she played her.

And Shemps: Of course I knew Bullock was flaming later on watching Hollywood squares. Ditto Linde. Oh, and why are you dodging the Keller thread?

Offline Curly4444

xraffle

So X didn't know Paul Lynde was gay and Boid didn't know Jim (Jm) J Bullock was gay....are you guys blind? LOL Both Lynde and Bullock were/are so flaming they are prohibited from entering forests for fear of starting fires.

I don't really read into this stuff and I really couldn't care less who is gay or not, to be honest. So, that's why I'm blinded when it comes to stuff like this.

Hold the phone; I almost missed this. What does Elizabeth Montgomery's "beauty" (I agree btw, she was gorgeous) have to do with Dick Sargent being gay? Do you think Sargent should have been boning her on the set? Dick Sargent didn't "choose" to be gay, nobody does: just like you don't "choose" to be attracted to women (I assume). It's in the DNA and should not even matter as far as working on the set in a professional manner. Montgomery might have been gorgeous but I hardly think she was sitting there spread eagle on the set awaiting Dick Sargent to fuck her brains out.

What a horrible and ignorant thing to say.

Wow! Didn't expect to anger anyone. Sorry if I did. And no, I didn't expect Sargent to be banging anyone on the set. Then again, assuming Dick York was straight, I don't think he was banging Elizabeth Montgomery either. I think you read into my post too much and I think that was partly my fault for the way I worded things. I think Boid's excessive fascination towards women is getting contagious and I'm catching it.

Whether being gay is in the DNA or not, I honestly don't know. I don't know what makes a person gay and why they are like that. So, you're correct. I am ignorant on the subject. I will refrain from posting on this subject because it can lead to further controversy. My post was offensive and I do apologize for those whom I've offended.

xraffle

Errr Boid, you are going to get me in big trouble one day.  >:(

Offline metaldams

Ah ha! Good info. But it does confirm that Tabitha was a bull dyke.

Man, seriously Boid?

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
It completely slipped my mind that there were two Tabitha's early on. Erin and Diane can be added to the twins thread I guess.

Is it really necessary to use the term "bull dyke" Boid? Not only is it antiquated but it continues to make you look an ignorant fool. I didn't know I was dodging any thread.

X - it doesn't matter to me who is gay or not except for whom I sleep with. With that said it's impossible not to tell that Paul Lynde was gay. Short of announcing it or getting "I love cock" tattooed in purple on his forehead there wasn't much more he could do to be more out and flaming. I wasn't angry at you at all, it's just that the post was ignorant and yes...offensive. You made it sound like Montgomery's beauty would be enough to turn a gay man straight or that Sargent somehow did something wrong by being gay. I'm not even gay and I found it offensive.

You should study the facts about homosexuality: nothing "makes" a person gay just like nothing "makes" a person straight or bi. If I'm ignorant on a subject I always research it. You did man up and own it so no problem there.

Offline Boid Brain

Errr Boid, you are going to get me in big trouble one day.  >:(
Me!!?? Raffy, this started out as an innocent thread about the little known twin of Sarah Conner. It has mutated to this level due to it's contributors, several of whom are sick fucks. (not excluding myself)

Don't worry about Shemps: there is no way in the world to calculate which direction his mind will spin off to...why, I tried to insult him once by calling him a hatchet man and he muzzled me like Bobby Seale and proceded to make "Hatchet Man" his sig under the image of an angelic child! (He has issues)

Metal: what's wrong with 'bull dyke'? I think it's a damn funny term. Some of my best friends are bull dykes! (see my 1st wife, no joke)

Raffy: to say a man is obsessed with women is like saying a lion is obsessed with meat.

Finally S#1: I know that you read every fucking word that is typed here, and you are DEFINATELY avoiding the Keller thread. I gotta figure that it's because you have difficulty wrapping your mind around things that you don't think about because you don't think about things that you don't think about! (did you get THAT reference Criswell?)

It was inevitable. S#1

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
That's it; I've had enough.

To the surprise of absolutely no one I am banning you, Boid. You poke the sleeping tiger and sooner or later you're going to get bit.

Offline Curly4444

That's it; I've had enough.

To the surprise of absolutely no one I am banning you, Boid. You poke the sleeping tiger and sooner or later you're going to get bit.

Hahah, you beat me too it. I was just going to post, "nice knowing you Boid Brain".  ;D

xraffle

this started out as an innocent thread about the little known twin of Sarah Conner.

I'm confused. Maybe someone here can clarify. What does this thread have to do with the Sarah Conner/Leslie Hamilton discussion? Was the thread split or something?  ???

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
No, he's a fuckin' idiot. They are two separate threads.