Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

"The Shorts Department" Website....Questions?

Offline Beatle Bob

I gather most of you on this board might know about this site "The Shorts Department"--all about Columbia's Short subjects--and am wondering if it's being updated and current, and if the owner's reliable for purchasing items such as DVD-Rs  of rare shorts and memorabilia? Also, how's the quality of the shorts (in general) on his DVD-R's he sells?

http://www.freewebs.com/theshortsdepartment/index.htm

Thanking in advance!

Regards,
Beatle Bob
:)

Offline 2reelers

That's actually my little site...

I've been working on it here and there, and am working on getting screen shots for all of the titles in my collection, but it's taking me forever, and with my work schedule, I don't know how soon I'll be able to have all of that done. The jist of it is there though, and it can be a little overwhelming because it's info-heavy.

The quality varies from title-to-title. Most are from 16mm transfers, with some obtained from other collectors in various degrees of quality. I do prefer to trade first, but if you have any other questions, it's probably best to contact me off this site.

As for trades, I'm especially interested in obtaining locally televised Three Stooges shorts, with the old beat up scratchy and splicey prints and Screen Gems logos (and if they are from Chicago's WFLD Channel 32, that would be even better since that is the station that I first discovered the Stooges).

Hope that helps a little bit!