Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Shemp

Offline Robbie883

Total bullshit. 

(And yes, I know that tale is on wikipedia... and most of us can guess which jackass put it there.)

I'm actually glad that this subject was brought up because I was one of the people that was led to belive that it was exumed due to the wikipedia page, it was a hard pill to swallow because I had never heard anything of its sort in all my years of following the boys.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
I looked on Wikipedia and didn't see the "Shemp was exhumed" reference. Somebody must have removed it.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

Offline archiezappa

I looked on Wikipedia and didn't see the "Shemp was exhumed" reference. Somebody must have removed it.

Looks like the exhumed reference is back.  Who keeps putting it back on there?

Offline JazzBill

According to Wikipedia, his wife Gertrude had him exhumed in 1985. But she died in 1982.  ???
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline archiezappa

According to Wikipedia, his wife Gertrude had him exhumed in 1985. But she died in 1982.  ???
Yeah.  That's what I can't figure out.  You know, when I first read that, I thought that was so strange.  If it's not true, then where does this story come from?

Offline JazzBill

Yeah.  That's what I can't figure out.  You know, when I first read that, I thought that was so strange.  If it's not true, then where does this story come from?
Not only that. Shemp isn't buried in the ground, he's above ground, in a mausoleum. I'm not sure if pulling a body out of a mausoleum is considered exhuming. I have to take  Be A Stooge's word, " Total Bullshit ".
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

This is just one example of why it is not very wise to accept anything that you find on Wikipedia without verifying the information elsewhere.   :-\

My personal suspicion (I haven't any proof) is that it's that idiot "Pat The Stooge", who has been banned from this site because he would not stop posting false and misleading information about the Stooges.  It sounds like the same nonsense he used to post here - especially the bit about Shemp's wife allegedly having his body exhumed three years after she died.   ::)

I guess we need to put together a "definitive" biography of the Stooges here on ThreeStooges.net.  It's one of those things that I've been meaning to add for years, but I've never gotten around to writing.  Any volunteeers?   ;)

xraffle

This is just one example of why it is not very wise to accept anything that you find on Wikipedia without verifying the information elsewhere.   :-\

Yeah, that site is full of crap. Always be careful when using Wikipedia as a source of information, especially if you're writing a college term paper.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
I'm NOT volunteering, but since you mentioned wikipedia and the like, do we Stoogers need to hold a convention and determine what constitutes a reliable database to pull "definitive" Stooge info from? It would seem like a necessary first step. (After that, any "other" sources would be subject to ... er ... ahh ... what's another word for scrutiny?)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I'm NOT volunteering, but since you mentioned wikipedia and the like, do we Stoogers need to hold a convention and determine what constitutes a reliable database to pull "definitive" Stooge info from? It would seem like a necessary first step. (After that, any "other" sources would be subject to ... er ... ahh ... what's another word for scrutiny?)

[confused2]  I thought we already had the reliable, definitive database on the Stooges!   [stooges]

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
Maybe we could just edit Wikipedia to point to the appropriate page here?

James

PS. MC5636LE = "Puck It!"

[attachment deleted by admin]
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

Maybe we could just edit Wikipedia to point to the appropriate page here?

James

PS. MC5636LE = "Puck It!"

That's useless. Whenever I try editing a page to make it better, some idiot always end up reverting it.

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
[confused2]  I thought we already had the reliable, definitive database on the Stooges!   [stooges]

If Ida actually read ALL of your post Ida realized you jes wanted someone to put to print the hordes of Stooge info herein contained in our vaults. I'll start gathering info and coming up with a text our beloved ranks can vote on.
(to make up for the squirrly post earlier)
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I'd like to assist in my free time. If you'd like a hand let me know.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

JerryHorwitz

Not only that. Shemp isn't buried in the ground, he's above ground, in a mausoleum. I'm not sure if pulling a body out of a mausoleum is considered exhuming. I have to take  Be A Stooge's word, " Total Bullshit ".
Correct. Here's his grave(http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6130700)

Question, why does findagrave.com list the date of his death as November 23,1955 when we know that he died on Tuesday November 22, 1955 as the L.A. county corner officially states: http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s/The%203%20Stooges/Shemp%20DC.JPG
 Full ban for multiple accounts (created new account to get around partial ban.)