Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 332888

Offline shempbat

do you know where I can get a photo of the shempbat face as seen in the "spooks" episode? I need one for my web page, thanks

titmouse

I can get a vid cap from spooks if you want the shempbat face...let me know...i can email jpeg

Offline shempbat

I can get a vid cap from spooks if you want the shempbat face...let me know...i can email jpeg
YOUR THE BEST!!

Offline shempbat

Does anyone know of upcoming 3 stooges conventions, dates and locations?

Offline FineBari3

Does anyone know of upcoming 3 stooges conventions, dates and locations?

Gary, do you want to take care of this one??? (I dont know if I can say anything!)
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline shempbat

Offline garystooge

Gary, do you want to take care of this one???
Yes, this is an easy one to answer. The fan club will soon be having its annual meeting. However, since the meeting is only open to fan club members, and the members are already well aware of the details, there's no reason to post any of the specifics here.

Offline Julie Shaw

Here's one for you!  The Tv special on Comedy (The Hisory of Comedy?) hosted by Danny Thomas and featuring the Stooges -- available anywhere?  Anyone else remember this event?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Here's one for you!  The Tv special on Comedy (The Hisory of Comedy?) hosted by Danny Thomas and featuring the Stooges -- available anywhere?  Anyone else remember this event?

The Stooges' scenes from the 1965 ABC special WHAT MAKES PEOPLE LAUGH?, aka DANNY THOMAS MEETS THE COMICS, are on GoodTimes' Three Stooges DVD "Lost Comedy Treasures."  Not the entire special, just the boys' scenes.

That DVD has been out since 2001, and a VHS version since 2000.  The "Videography" section of this website lists both, with links to Amazon.com.

Offline Julie Shaw

Thanks!  I assume this Amazon link is for the segment you mentioned, and not the entire program.

Julie

Offline boom boom stooge

• Grapehead
  • nyuk,nyuk,nyuk. grrrr woof,woof.
i don't know, but who thinks that the best shorts of the three stooges are with shemp and curly as the third stooge? I don't find joe and the other guy (forgot his name) as funny as the ones mentioned . just an opinion!  ???
hey, what's the idea!

Offline boom boom stooge

• Grapehead
  ??? Got a question .  How do i quote a sentence from somebody else? ???
hey, what's the idea!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
  ??? Got a question .  How do i quote a sentence from somebody else? ???

The simplest way is to click on the QUOTE button just above the post you wish to quote in order to start your reply.  If you just click on the main REPLY button, instead, scroll down below the reply form to see the previous posts for the thread; on the right-hand side of each post is a hyperlink that says "Insert Quote."

Finally, in your post you can click on the "Quote" icon in the toolbar (second from the right, in the bottom row - looks like a cartoon "bubble") which will insert the "[ quote ]" tags, and then simply copy and paste the section of a previous message in between the tags.

Offline boom boom stooge

• Grapehead
Well, since i couldn't post a new thread about this question, i'm asking here if you don't mind.
Ok .The question is; Who is better silent comedian ?         ??? ??? ??? ;)

(a) charley chaplin
                                         (b) buster keaton
hey, what's the idea!

Offline falsealarms

Was Moe drunk in one of his appearances on Mike Douglas? The one where he does the Niagara Falls bit, he almost falls over SEVERAL times and is wobbly like a drunk.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Was Moe drunk in one of his appearances on Mike Douglas? The one where he does the Niagara Falls bit, he almost falls over SEVERAL times and is wobbly like a drunk.

Moe was a 76 year-old-man, in the early stages of lung cancer, performing animated, physical bits for a comedy sketch.

I hope you do as well at 76, in good health.

No, Moe was not drunk.

Offline falsealarms

I didn't think he had the lung cancer until later in 1974, that was 11/73.

Offline percytheslice

Hi - can anyone tell me the name of 2 Stooges shorts - its killing me!!
First had Curley delivering huge blocks of ice with tongs up 100's of steps to a house only to end up with an iceblock!!
Second was one of the many famous triple decker bed scenes - but this one was in a house in the country. Help
PercytheSlice

Offline Baggie

The first short you mentioned is called 'An Ache In Every Stake.' The second I'm not 100% sure but it could be 'I Can Hardly Wait.' If you go to Stooge Routines and look up 'Falling through a triple decker bunkbed' it will tell you what episodes this occurs in and you can click on each episode name to find out more.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
... Curley delivering huge blocks of ice with tongs up 100's of steps to a house only to end up with an iceblock!!

AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE (1941)

Second was one of the many famous triple decker bed scenes - but this one was in a house in the country.

Although it involves a double-decker, I believe the scene you're recalling is from OIL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL (1958).

Offline falsealarms

How informative is the new Stooges two-disc DVD, put out by Makinac? I'll have some money to play with after I sell my books back, and is it worth getting? The radio interviews with Moe and Larry are especially enticing. I'd hope a decent amount of info on the DVDs are not readily avail in the Stooge books out as is.

Pilsner Panther

How informative is the new Stooges two-disc DVD, put out by Makinac? I'll have some money to play with after I sell my books back, and is it worth getting? The radio interviews with Moe and Larry are especially enticing. I'd hope a decent amount of info on the DVDs are not readily avail in the Stooge books out as is.

The Mackinac package is excellent, don't miss it! It's based on the documentary that was done for A&E in 1994, but it's been greatly expanded and enhanced, with spiffy new graphics, too. As to being informative, how much closer can you get to the Stooges than Larry's sister? The late Lyla Fine Budnick is featured in extensive interviews, as is her husband Nate, who worked as a sound man with the boys. Ted Healy Jr. also appears (and he comes off as rather defensive about his father's treatment of the Stooges). Mousie Garner also talks about what it was like to work as a Healy Stooge.

Documentary material aside, my favorite thing in the set is the complete Ed Wynn Show with Moe, Larry, and Shemp as guest stars. Coming from the same vaudeville background and all being veteran performers by the 1950's, Wynn and the Stooges work seamlessly together, and watching them makes you wish that they'd teamed up more often.

"Oh do you remember,
When you wore a tulip,
And I wore a big red rose..."

;D

Offline Hogeboom

Here are some puzzlers for the Stooge experts on this board:

1. When Larry joined the act in 1925, did he replace Shemp (or was there a brief period where the Howard-Fine-Howard lineup performed together)?

2. Who were the 4 actors who appeared with Shemp in the 1934 film "The Knife Of The Party"?

3. What's the earliest documented evidence of the group being credited as "Stooges"?

Offline pickouttwo

I guess I'm a lame-brain, I can't remember the titles of 2 shorts- please help?

1. A short where Curly is listening to the radio and Moe acts like the announcer and asks "why cant a rooster can't lay a loaf of bread", Curly replys, "because he doesn't have the crust", and Moe says "you win" and smashs the radio over Curlys head ?

2. A short where Larry and Moe are playing checkers and Larry says to Moe " I'm a king Crown me" so Moe lets him have it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 02:35:49 PM by pickouttwo »