Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ask Team Stooge **NEWBIES**

shemps#1 · 1290 · 332789

xraffle

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into with the seller. I didn't get gypped or anything. I didn't actually buy the exact set pictured on Ebay. I negotiated with the seller. I wanted him to lower the price for me. He said he would, but only if I would accept the 40 DVDs in DVD sleeves instead of the cases that were pictured. Therefore, I didn't get a 41st disc. It would've been nice to get one, but it's not a big deal.

Offline mrslipp

I am new to the forum, but have been a Stooge fan most of my life.
I am glad to see there are other Stooge fanatics in this world!

One of my favorite moments is in "Pardon My Clutch", and/or "Wham-Bam-Slam.
Shemp is sitting at the breakfast table with Moe eating pancakes.
After eating a pot holder, Shemp starts making the weirdest sound I've ever heard
come out of a human.

Has anyone else ever appreciated this scene?

I also love when Moe calls for Narcissus when putting up the tent.

Sointenly

I love classic stooge quotes, but can't find them.

Can someone tell me where I can find the following:

Which movie did "Quite Numbskull, I'm broadcastin'" come from?

Which movie has the best "Hello, Hello, Hello" in it?

Which movie has "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard"?

Thanks very much!

Offline kfdodgerfan

I love classic stooge quotes, but can't find them.

Can someone tell me where I can find the following:

Which movie has "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard"?

"Men in Black"

Thanks very much!

Sointenly

Thanks for the Mn in Black tip!

Oh yeah, one more:
Curly says:
I'm tryin to think but nothin happens!
Which movie is that from?

Offline kfdodgerfan

I have a ton of similar questions. Come on by to the QA section of this board and join us in the topic "Which episode was it where..."

Thanks for the Mn in Black tip!

Oh yeah, one more:
Curly says:
I'm tryin to think but nothin happens!
Which movie is that from?

xraffle

1) Which movie did "Quite Numbskull, I'm broadcastin'" come from?
'Micro-Phonies'

2) Which movie has the best "Hello, Hello, Hello" in it?
In my opinion, 'Dizzy Detectives' has the best one.

3) Which movie has "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard"?
'Men In Black'

4) I'm tryin to think but nothin happens!- Which movie is that from?
'Calling All Curs'

titmouse

One of my personal favorites and available to anyone interested is Fanny Dinkelmeyer's version of Voices of Spring from Brideless Groom and Husbands Beware.....its in either wav. or wmf. format and is sure to take the curl out of most anything :D

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
One of my personal favorites and available to anyone interested is Fanny Dinkelmeyer's version of Voices of Spring from Brideless Groom and Husbands Beware.....its in either wav. or wmf. format and is sure to take the curl out of most anything :D

[cool]

How big are the files, titmouse?  I'd love to add that to the multimedia gallery's audio files collection.  If it's less than 5 Mb, I'd appreciate it if you would email me a copy of the .wav file.

Offline Robbie883

I was actually just about to bring up a question about this. I didnt know what that woman's name was on Bridless Groom that sang that. Hmm...Fanny Dinkelmeyer. Thanks for saving me some time asking! LOL. Her version always seems to give me a headache, but it was a pretty funny idea for the short.

titmouse

the wav is in 8 bit mono and runs just over a minute----file size 1.4 meg......or mp3 with 128 kps just over a meg....what email server would you like me to use to send.......

any other specific stooges waves you might want i would be happy to send your way...no request is impossible

titmouse
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 07:50:51 PM by titmouse »

Offline kfdodgerfan

Which episode(s) is it where one of the stooges says

"I can't see. I can't see!"

"Why not?"

"I've got my eyes closed!"

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Which episode(s) is it where one of the stooges says

"I can't see. I can't see!"

"Why not?"

"I've got my eyes closed!"

The Stooges used that one a lot:
    * ANTS IN THE PANTRY (1936)
    * CALLING ALL CURS (1939)
    * MISSED FORTUNE, A (1952)
    * SPOOKS (1953)
    * STONE AGE ROMEOS (1955)
    * SAPPY BULLFIGHTERS (1959)

You can find a lot of that kind of information on the Stooge Routines page.

Offline crimsonghost1965

Is there any dvds with moe,Larry and Joe 50's tv shorts on,available.Actual shorts not clips or documentry...
 Warned for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and even spacing. Come on now... don't you know any better? Pils

Offline Mr. Snrub

What is the name of the song being played on the rado in "Nutty But Nice"? It sounds a bit like an old country song. The only lyrics that are heard are: "...cavorting, prancing, son-of-a-gun..." and "I'm a cowboy from the western plains / I hate city streets and I hate city trains / Odelayeeodeeoalayoooooeee."

I've been asking other message boards about this song and none so far have given a definitive answer. Some have guessed that it was just a song made up specifically for the Three Stooges short and not available elsewhere.

Supposedly there is an article about Three Stooges music in issue 86 of the Three Stooges Journal. Is there anything in that article that might help me?

Offline garystooge

The Three Stooges Journal has an ongoing series of articles by Rich Finegan about music used in the Stooges' films. The song you asked about is covered in issue #91 (Fall 1999). It's entitled "I'm a Cowboy From the Western Plains" and its writer was none other than Stooges producer/director Jules White. The song was not used in any other films besides "Nutty But Nice" and "From Nurse to Worse".
Gary

Offline Mr. Snrub

Is Jules White the voice on the radio singing the song in "Nutty But Nice" or was that somebody else?

Was the song ever commercially released in any format (even 78 rpm)?

Offline garystooge

Although Jules White did do voices, bird whistles etc for the Stooges shorts, this doesn't sound like him at all.  It is unlikely that this song was ever commercially released in any format

xraffle

Is there any dvds with moe,Larry and Joe 50's tv shorts on,available.Actual shorts not clips or documentry...
 Warned for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and even spacing. Come on now... don't you know any better? Pils

I'm not sure what you mean. If you are talking about the 16 Columbia Joe shorts, then the answer is no. The Joe shorts were never released on VHS nor DVD.

Offline kfdodgerfan

What episode is it where Curly shuffles a deck of cards by splitting the deck in half and just shuffles each half on its own and then put the cards back together in the deck. So nothing really gets shuffled?

Offline girlovestooges

Hi there, Im trying to figure out the name of a certain espisode, I hope that someone can help me out. All I can remember is how it ends. I believe that shemp is in it. At the end moe, larry, and shemp are standing there together and moe starts talking then larry says "BOO" and moe starts to cry and the episode ends. This is driving me crazy. Does anyone know what episode this is??

Girlovestooges

Offline Baggie

I can't from the top of my head think of a short that ends that way, but I know this happens somewhere in In The Sweet Pie and Pie, when the Stooges are saved from execution in the jail and Moe is making a radio broadcast.
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

"Young man, you act as if some sort of damaclese is hanging over your head!"
From what? " Half-wits holidays"?