Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 143701

Offline metaldams

Back in the 90s, I dismissed country as largely hillbilly/redneck music. Today's country sounds a lot different than it did back then.

Some of the lines in that Kenny Chesney song, for instance, just seem so... I don't know, American? It paints very imagery at least to me.

I go back to a two-toned short bed Chevy
Drivin' my first love out to the levy
Livin' life with no sense of time
And I go back to the feel of a fifty yard line
A blanket, a girl, some raspberry wine
Wishin' time would stop right in its tracks

And while I'm not an overly religious/spiritual person, I love this line:

And the smell of Sunday chicken after church

I admire your passion.  The only guys I always pay attention to the lyrics are Ray Davies and Alice Cooper.  Ray is, ironic based on what you said for Kenny Chesney, very British.  Alice Cooper, I just love his humor - I’ll give you a slice of Americana with him.  A VERY funny song.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
In honor of Jim Henson, who passed away 30 years ago today, here's a beautiful song written by the late Jeff Moss and sung by Jim as Ernie:

"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline metaldams

I remember when Jim Henson passed away.  I was  11 at the time and I realize more now than back then he wasn’t old at all.

Ronnie James Dio died exactly 20 years later.  Today is the 10th anniversary of his death.

Some classic Black Sabbath with Dio a few years live before he passed.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

Speaking of George Harrison, here's perhaps my favorite of his.... Give Me Love is way up on that list too.

I vividly remember my mom giving me a ride to high school one Friday during my sophomore year and hearing his passing announced on the radio. I don't know why I remember that so well but I remember that more than anything I learned in school that day.

Offline metaldams

Speaking of George Harrison, here's perhaps my favorite of his.... Give Me Love is way up on that list too.

I vividly remember my mom giving me a ride to high school one Friday during my sophomore year and hearing his passing announced on the radio. I don't know why I remember that so well but I remember that more than anything I learned in school that day.

I was in college when George passed and it was that late in life when a rock star that had a big impact on me passed.  All the others that died happened before I was a fan.  I like George more and more the older I get.  Great songwriter, love his voice and he always gave insightful interviews.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline falsealarms

I was in college when George passed and it was that late in life when a rock star that had a big impact on me passed.  All the others that died happened before I was a fan.  I like George more and more the older I get.  Great songwriter, love his voice and he always gave insightful interviews.

George's stuff is like a fine wine - it gets better with age.  Here's another one of his better songs:

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Another great 2000s country song that I was reminded of yesterday:

Offline falsealarms

Another great 2000s country song that I was reminded of yesterday:

Not a bad song. I can't say I've heard of it - or him - before. I wonder why he hasn't released an album since 2012?

Offline falsealarms

Stunt by the Barenaked Ladies is one of my favorite albums from the late 90's. From start to end, there's not a bad track on it. One Week is the most famous song on there if not in their entire catalog. But there's a lot of hidden gems on Stunt, including this song that was never released as a single.

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
I have BNL's first six albums (GORDON through EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE). A great band whose serious stuff is really underrated, and Steven Page is such a great singer.

Here's one of my favorites, from the album before (and the first album of theirs that I got):

Offline falsealarms

I have BNL's first six albums (GORDON through EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE). A great band whose serious stuff is really underrated, and Steven Page is such a great singer.

Here's one of my favorites, from the album before (and the first album of theirs that I got):

I agree on all that. BNL have not been the same since his departure back in 2009. Page has such a distinctive voice - I'd put Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace in that group too. Ditto for Ed Kowalczyk of Live.

Here's another BNL classic:

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
"People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time."

Offline metaldams

"People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time."

Black Sabbath is one of my favorite bands ever.  I would say about any album from the early 70’s all the way to about 1987 or so ranks very high for me.  Besides, I went to Rockwalk in L.A. years ago and my hands are the same size as Ozzy’s.   :D

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Speaking of Ozzy and Elton John, they just collaborated recently.  Elton plays piano and sings the second verse.

- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Dee Murray’s isolated bass track, “Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting.”  Starts about 15 or 20 seconde into the video. Pretty cool.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Umbrella Sam

Well, if we’re going to continue the Elton John discussion, I figure I might as well try sharing another track that I consider to be extremely underrated. This is “Out of the Blue,” a really cool instrumental from Elton’s 1976 double album, BLUE MOVES. It used to be the closing theme to a program called TOP GEAR, but I wouldn’t be surprised if fans of that program didn’t even know it was him, given how different it is from most of Elton’s work.

“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline falsealarms

Here's a lesser known Elton John song that happens to be one of my faves of his.... according to data on setlist.com, Elton John has never played this song in concert. (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/elton-john-63d6be6f.html)

Offline Dr. Mabuse

Johnny Cash transcended country music. A classic song and a classic video.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Umbrella Sam

Here's a lesser known Elton John song that happens to be one of my faves of his.... according to data on setlist.com, Elton John has never played this song in concert. (https://www.setlist.fm/stats/elton-john-63d6be6f.html)

Pretty sure Elton hasn’t played this live because he didn’t write it. I agree, though, it’s definitely a great song.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Bass....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.