Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Healy's Replacement Stooges

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it's a question, so what the heck.  Did Ted Healy ever make a movie with the replacement stooges, Garner, Hakins and Wolf? Thanks for your time and grey matter.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:27:41 PM by BeAStooge »

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it's a question, so what the heck.  Did Ted Healy ever make a movie with the replacement stooges, Garner, Hakins and Wolf? Thanks for your time and grey matter.
I think so, but I am not positive..
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline metaldams

Here's his filmography linked below.  I scanned it and couldn't find anything.  Ted had a career as a supporting actor after The Stooges on film, not really a star.  I don't see any films with the replacement Stooges.  Lots of teaming with Nat Pendleton in support type roles, though.

http://www.threestooges.net/filmography/index/STH/ReleaseDate
- Doug Sarnecky

However, I'm pretty sure that the Gentlemaniacs made a few films after Ted Healy's tragic, mysterious death.

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
However, I'm pretty sure that the Gentlemaniacs made a few films after Ted Healy's tragic, mysterious death.
There is a clip of them performing in The Three Stooges Story, doing the "I won't pay it!"/*smack* routine that Larry, Moe and Curley-Joe did in one of The New 3 Stooges wraparounds.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

There is a clip of them performing in The Three Stooges Story, doing the "I won't pay it!"/*smack* routine that Larry, Moe and Curley-Joe did in one of The New 3 Stooges wraparounds.
Yes, that was what I was referring to. I did some more research on the Gentlemaniacs and it turns out that they worked through the 30's into the 50's. They had 2 films in 1937.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Dick Hakins costarred as Ted's sidekick in MAD HOLIDAY (1936).

The 1936 lineup of Red Pearson, Jimmy Brewster and Sammy Wolfe appeared in SAN FRANCISCO (1936), but their scene with Ted was cut.  As a result, although Ted is a featured costar with Gable, Tracy and MacDonald, he is stooge-less.  A few production stills of Ted with those comics exist.

The aforementioned Jimmy Brewster clowned with Healy in LA FIESTA DE SANTA BARBARA (1935).

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The 1936 lineup of Red Pearson, Jimmy Brewster and Sammy Wolfe appeared in SAN FRANCISCO (1936), but their scene with Ted was cut.  As a result, although Ted is a featured costar with Gable, Tracy and MacDonald, he is stooge-less.  A few production stills of Ted with those comics exist.

Just learned, Red Pearson also appeared in FUGITIVE LOVERS (1934) as a sailor passenger on the bus.  Seen a few times in the background, this screenshot is the only time his face can be seen...

Offline stoogestats

I found this postcard interesting. Ted mentioning his new stooges appearing for the first time.

Offline middlenamewayne

The Gentlemaniacs worked through the 30's into the 50's.

Mousie Garner had a helluva ride.While the real Stooges were retired and lying around, he continued on working with the top people in show biz and cutting edge comedy, like the Monkees, George "Star Wars" Lucas, the Airplane/Naked Gun people, David Lee Roth of Van Halen, the New Three Stooges (w/Joe DeRita & Shemp's original replacement* Frank Mitchell), my old e-pals Osborn & Reno (Mork & Mindy/Duckman/Meet Joe Black), and even The Onion!

- mnw

*(briefly, in 1929)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:04:12 PM by middlenamewayne »

Offline middlenamewayne

Why, I haven't the *slightest* idea what you mean by that, Chiefy-weefy!

- mnw