Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The Three Stooges New Epic Mini-Series Hey Moe! Hey Dad! DVD Set

Offline Squirrelbait

http://www.threestooges.com/2015/03/11/the-three-stooges-new-epic-mini-series-hey-moe-hey-dad-dvd-set-coming-to-target-this-spring/?tag=three%2Bstooges&afid=118

From Threestooges.com:
This new nine hour collectible DVD set packed with never-seen-before footage and photos of The Three Stooges performing and from their private lives celebrates a century of comedy from the greatest comedy team of all time.

The DVD collectible set will be available at Target stores in early May.

The mini-series goes behind the curtain and tells the backstory of all the members of The Three Stooges covering a hundred years from the perspective of narrator Paul Howard, Moe’s son. Besides the rare footage and photos, there are interviews from family members, friends and some of today’s most popular celebrities.

The families of The Three Stooges also provided many candid photos along with the footage plus very rare and one-of-a-kind memorabilia pieces that are reproduced and included in the DVD

I remember hearing about this awhile ago - I'll be picking it up. How about the rest of you?
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

Yep, I'll definitely be getting this. Any release dates?
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline falsealarms

Yep, I'll definitely be getting this. Any release dates?

The press release has since been updated to say May 31, but that's kind of odd. It's a Sunday. New releases almost always come out on Tuesdays.

Offline metaldams

Sounds promising!  I'm interested in hearing about this footage of them performing.  Is this a Target exclusive?  It only mentions "available at Target stores."
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Squirrelbait

Sounds promising!  I'm interested in hearing about this footage of them performing.  Is this a Target exclusive?  It only mentions "available at Target stores."

Yeah, it sounds like it's only at Target, at least according to this.
If there's no other place around the place, I reckon this must be the place, I reckon.

Offline archiezappa

Offline Paul Allen

I'll wait and read reviews on this set in June before deciding to buy it or not.

I'm hoping that Sony will (someday) release the cropped widescreen shorts in full-screen format!  I won't hold my breath though. [pie]

Offline Shemp_is_Awesome78

I'll wait and read reviews on this set in June before deciding to buy it or not.

I'm hoping that Sony will (someday) release the cropped widescreen shorts in full-screen format!  I won't hold my breath though. [pie]
This DVD set does look really cool, and I'll garauntee that you'll end up buying out. In fact, I was going to donate to their Kickstarter campaign but I decided not to.
Abbottt: Stop smoking in here, Costello!
Costello: What makes you think I'm smoking?
Abbott: You have a cigar in your mouth!
Costello: I got my shoes on, but I'm not walking!

Offline Final Shemp

• I'm sawin' a saw in half with a saw, see?
  • Applehead
Any word on pricing?  I'll get it regardless but I'd like to know how much my wallet will be hurting.

Offline Squirrelbait

Offline Operator15

• One for all and all for me!
  • Grapehead
Amazon put it up with a release date of May 5th, roughly $10 cheaper than ShopKnuckleheads.  Oddly, the title on the listing is simply "Three Stooges", but as it's being sold by and shipped by Amazon, I have faith it's a legit product.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T5DYV6M/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Operator15

• Grapehead
Update:  Got a shipping notice tonight, should have it by Thursday thanks to Amazon Prime shipping.  Oddly, though, the product listing now shows a 9-13 day shipping delay for new orders.  Not sure if this is due to limited stock or if Stooge fans have just come out in droves to grab a copy.

Offline Myren

I tried to get it on Amazon as well with no luck. I am now hoping Target has it at the end of the month.

Offline Operator15

• Grapehead
Yeah, Amazon's handling of this product has been baffling.  First they list it with a short, vague, technically incorrect title that would've made it nearly impossible to find if you were using the proper title.  Then they gave vague data about shipping (When I ordered on Monday, they said it was being released yesterday on May 5th, but when I ordered it with Prime Two-Day, it initially gave me an expected delivery date of sometime next week, though now it's tracking as arriving tomorrow as it should) and for a while gave a 9-13 day window for shipping.

Now that I've just checked, they've upgraded to having it in stock, but requiring an extra 1-2 days for processing.

Frankly, they're handling it messy.  And Target still doesn't have ANY info about it on their website.  And quite honestly, I'm not in a rush to use ShopKnuckleheads for anything at all.

ThumpTheShoes

Neat stuff included. But, just clips! No rare footage is shown complete. Shame, too. It looks like they had the complete Moe Nightly News interview, there.. among other things.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:40:03 AM by ThumpTheShoes »

Offline Operator15

• Grapehead
My copy arrived today! (in a box that was completely snug all the way around, no protective packing materials, AND with a blank label attached to the inside of the box that got stuck to the slipcover...Thanks Amazon ???)

A few unboxing photos.  More in-depth photos of the props might come later:

-Pretty solid cardboard, quite hefty.

-The included fan club kit.  With a club certificate and Stooge postage stamps.

-Most of the memorabilia is in this envelope.  Haven't looked at everything yet, but what I have seen looks really cool.

-Small comic book.  Apparently this was the proper size for this specific type of comic, which was just a promotional material sent to retailers.

-Script for "Uncivil Warriors", which happens to be a personal favorite :)

-Basically a guidebook for the memorabilia included.  It provides pictures of each item and a short description for each, plus a basic introduction.

-The DVDs themselves.  All three in slim cases.

Together, all of the included items don't actually fill the box, and there is instead a decent sized cardboard riser in the bottom.  Seems a bit wasteful, but to each their own.

Offline Myren

I was finally able to order one off amazon. It was the last one "in stock" but said it need an extra 2-3 days to fulfill.

Operator15: I too really do not like ordering anything from ShopKnuckleheads either. They always have things priced way to high and the shipping is a bit much.

Thanks for posting photos of this.

Offline hiramhorwitz

Don't know if it's legit, but one of the Amazon vendors (Standing Ovation) is offering it for $12.08, with a $3.99 shipping charge.  At a total cost of about sixteen bucks, I figured it was worth a shot, so I took a chance and ordered it this morning.  It's already shipped, so I should know early next week if it's the real deal.  I'll let you know if it is.

Offline Operator15

• Grapehead
I was finally able to order one off amazon. It was the last one "in stock" but said it need an extra 2-3 days to fulfill.

Operator15: I too really do not like ordering anything from ShopKnuckleheads either. They always have things priced way to high and the shipping is a bit much.

Thanks for posting photos of this.

I have multiple issues with ShopKnuckleheads...

1.  Prices are too crazy for many items.

2.  Shipping will never compare to Amazon Prime.

3.  The last time I ordered from them (a Curly mask in college for Halloween) it took them days to ship it, and when I emailed them to find out the delay, they told me the masks were out of stock and backordered, and they were hoping to have them in stock in time to get me one by Halloween, but no guarantees.  I tried to point out the fact that the mask was still listed as "In Stock" at that very moment and had been for days, and their only response was "It takes time for the site to update".  Really, you guys can't go in there and fix a stock status when it's clearly been wrong for days and you know it?

4.  Honestly, I don't care for most of their stuff.  I want vintage (or at least vintage looking) collectibles and merchandise, not cheesy t-shirts, posters, and life sized cardboard cutouts that I'd never in my right mind want in my apartment. (Not that my wife would be cool with it anyway)  Give me replica lobby cards I can frame and put in my office or future media room, or decent-sized publicity photos of the Stooges.

Don't know if it's legit, but one of the Amazon vendors (Standing Ovation) is offering it for $12.08, with a $3.99 shipping charge.  At a total cost of about sixteen bucks, I figured it was worth a shot, so I took a chance and ordered it this morning.  It's already shipped, so I should know early next week if it's the real deal.  I'll let you know if it is.

If it is, that's a pretty great deal just for the memorabilia alone.  Too bad I'm too neurotic to order from any Amazon sellers that don't have their orders fulfilled by Amazon :)

Offline hiramhorwitz

I see that Standing Ovation has now raised their price on Amazon by about ten bucks -- to $22.35 plus $3.99 shipping.  So maybe the $12.08 price was a mistake, or maybe a temporary special price.  Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll honor the original offer.  I'll take good luck any day.

Offline Operator15

• Grapehead
I see that Standing Ovation has now raised their price on Amazon by about ten bucks -- to $22.35 plus $3.99 shipping.  So maybe the $12.08 price was a mistake, or maybe a temporary special price.  Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll honor the original offer.  I'll take good luck any day.

If they've already charged you and shipped the item, they shouldn't be able to charge again.  If they do, dispute it with them, Amazon, or even your credit card company.

What probably happened was that they were able to get some stock of these sets from a distributor for super cheap and thought they'd make enough profit on the original price.  Then they probably saw that Amazon clearly had the demand to justify the higher price and figured they'd jump up to something closer to Amazon's price.