Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Is Shirley Temple the only one left?

Offline Boid Brain

With the recent deaths of Liz and Jackie Cooper, is Temple the only great child star living?

Are there even any Our Gang players still with us?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
With the recent deaths of Liz and Jackie Cooper, is Temple the only great child star living?

Off the top of my head...
Mickey Rooney, Margaret O'Brien, Jane Withers, Jane Powell, Robert Blake

Still with us include Jean Darling, Mildred Kornman, Dickie Moore, Jerry Schatz (aka Jerry Tucker), Jackie Lynn Taylor, Dickie Jones, Robert Blake, Gene Reynolds, Margaret Kerry *, Edith Fellows, Sidney Kibrick, Darryl Hickman, Marianne Edwards, Peggy Ahern, Lassie Lou Ahern, Patsy Barry.

That's just a partial list, of names familiar to me. Other sites list additional names.

* Margaret costarred in THE NEW 3 STOOGES (1965).

Offline hiramhorwitz

No, silent film star Baby Peggy Montgomery still survives.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
No, silent film star Baby Peggy Montgomery still survives.

Which reminds me of "Baby" Rose Marie. Primarily a stage performer, we have her early start in Vitaphone shorts, INTERNATIONAL HOUSE (1933), and TV fame on THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW (1961 - 1966).

Offline Boid Brain

Off the top of my head...
Mickey Rooney, Margaret O'Brien, Jane Withers, Jane Powell, Robert Blake

Still with us include Jean Darling, Mildred Kornman, Dickie Moore, Jerry Schatz (aka Jerry Tucker), Jackie Lynn Taylor, Dickie Jones, Robert Blake, Gene Reynolds, Margaret Kerry *, Edith Fellows, Sidney Kibrick, Darryl Hickman, Marianne Edwards, Peggy Ahern, Lassie Lou Ahern, Patsy Barry.

That's just a partial list, of names familiar to me. Other sites list additional names.
Mickey and Robt Blake! LOL....I thought Whithers and O'Brian were dead, and don't seem to remember Jane Powell.

I only recognize Hickman on your Rascals list. Dobie Gillis' brother, right? The last front line player that I have seen very recently alive was Butch. His real name escapes me. (Boyd?)

* Margaret costarred in THE NEW 3 STOOGES (1965).

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
The last front line player that I have seen very recently alive was Butch.

Tommy Bond died in 2005.

Offline Rich Finegan

In addition to those listed by BeAStooge, also Juanita Quigley is still with us. Although perhaps not to be considered a regular Our Gang member, she was in two Gang shorts in the early 1940's.