Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Your Favorite Music

Offline Curly4444

I know we have that "music that sucks" thread, but id like to know what your favorite music/bands are.  It just would be cool to see a sample of peoples music tastes on this board.

Mine goes something like this:

Rock

Queen-/Went crazy and fell in love with this band after hearing them on "Iron Eagle", and "Flash Gordon". Just love their unique sound.
Guns-n-Roses-/Every time i hear their music, i just get so pumped up. Another band with a unique awesome sound.
Led Zeppelin-/Do i need to say anything?
Scorpions-/yet another band with an un-mistakable unique sound. 
Beatles-/Best Band Ever. No one can match them.
Ozzy-/Intense, hard rockin goodness!! lol
Rap
---- ;D--- ;D.. I don't think so!!

Vocal/Folk

Jewel-/Love this gal. She sings and writes a good song. Shes no corporate sell out.
Don Mclean-/Great singer and song writer, to bad he had only like 2 hits.
Dan Fogelberg-/Now this guy was a songwriter. Had so many memorable song like Same Old Lang Syne and Run for the Roses.

Classical

John Williams
James Horner
Mozart
Beethoven
Bach

Hair Bands
Quiet riot
Dokken
Warrent
Twisted Sister
Poison
Ratt

I'll ad more later, too lazy now. So whats your fav music guys and gals??

Offline metaldams

Oh God, really, I like tons of rock bands, but I'll try to limit it to 5.

- Metallica
- Black Sabbath
- The Beatles
- Iron Maiden
- The Kinks

Probably my top 5, in no particular order.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Rock

Queen-/Went crazy and fell in love with this band after hearing them on "Iron Eagle", and "Flash Gordon". Just love their unique sound.
Guns-n-Roses-/Every time i hear their music, i just get so pumped up. Another band with a unique awesome sound.
Led Zeppelin-/Do i need to say anything?
Scorpions-/yet another band with an un-mistakable unique sound. 

I like all these bands to an extent.  APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, which I just listened to today, is an all-time favorite and the first album I ever got.  As for the Scorps, I prefer the Uli Roth era most.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

I like all these bands to an extent.  APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION, which I just listened to today, is an all-time favorite and the first album I ever got.  As for the Scorps, I prefer the Uli Roth era most.

What you don't like Use Your Illusions 1 and 2?? To me its just like an extended version of appetite for destruction.

I like Black Sabbath, but the Ozzy solo stuff is better in my opinion.

Offline metaldams

What you don't like Use Your Illusions 1 and 2?? To me its just like an extended version of appetite for destruction.

I like the Illusions, but not like Appetite.  APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION is literally a perfect album made by five guys who were hungry and had tons of chemistry (or is that chemicals).  The ILLIUSIONS have some great stuff, but there's also tons of filler and by the time they got to the tour, they hired 10,000 back-up singers, percussionists, brass sections, and God knows what else.  An extended version of APPETITE?  No way, they were starting to lose the plot.

I like Black Sabbath, but the Ozzy solo stuff is better in my opinion.

Again, no way.  All Ozzy and Dio Sabbath rules, even the last two Ozzy's everybody but me hates.  Ozzy's solo career is very inconsistent since Randy Rhoads died and he has sucked the past ten years or so.  The two Randy Rhoads albums rule, though.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Curly4444

I like the Illusions, but not like Appetite.  APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION is literally a perfect album made by five guys who were hungry and had tons of chemistry (or is that chemicals).  The ILLIUSIONS have some great stuff, but there's also tons of filler and by the time they got to the tour, they hired 10,000 back-up singers, percussionists, brass sections, and God knows what else.  An extended version of APPETITE?  No way, they were starting to lose the plot.

Again, no way.  All Ozzy and Dio Sabbath rules, even the last two Ozzy's everybody but me hates.  Ozzy's solo career is very inconsistent since Randy Rhoads died and he has sucked the past ten years or so.  The two Randy Rhoads albums rule, though.

The ILLIUSIONS have some great stuff, but there's also tons of filler
Call me weird, but i liked the filler stuff. I think out of all the songs on use your illusion 1 & 2, there was only like 2 or 3 songs i didnt like.

10,000 back-up singers, percussionists, brass sections, and God knows what else

It may be just me, but the back-up singers and instrument sections added to their music. I mean, imagine November rain without all that. Just him singing and the piano, just wouldn't be the same.

Ozzy's solo career is very inconsistent since Randy Rhoads died and he has sucked the past ten years or so.  The two Randy Rhoads albums rule, though.
So dam true.

Offline Blystone

Dog Hambone

I'm just not qualified to discuss modern music. It all went down hill after this, anyway:
http://www.4shared.com/audio/bnui0Hdy/Bill_Carlisle_-_Maggie_Get_The.html

[band]

There sure are a lot of rock fans at this site. I'm not much of a rock fan, despite having grown up with it. I prefer jazz in general and swing in particular.

I like your "Maggie, Get the Hammer" song; the guitar solos brought to mind Django Reinhardt, one of my all-time favorites.

Offline Blystone

[band]

There sure are a lot of rock fans at this site. I'm not much of a rock fan, despite having grown up with it. I prefer jazz in general and swing in particular.

I like your "Maggie, Get the Hammer" song; the guitar solos brought to mind Django Reinhardt, one of my all-time favorites.

Ah, a fellow traveler in the Land of the Jive! I was never that big on rock either, but there are a few bands I like. Metaldams mentioned the Kinks, that's one of them.

I don't know who that guitarist is— if it's not Bill Carlyle himself, it might be a very young Chet Atkins. It's certainly not Django Reinhardt, who visited the U.S. (I think) only once. If I wanted to, I could play Dr. Demento with my knowledge of all these old novelty records, but maybe I should restrain myself. Before I do, here's two more:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/eSkQvZt0/Willie_The_Lion_Smith_-_Nagasa.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/Y3ZgRfRx/Benny_Bell_and_Paul_Wynn_-_Sha.html

Offline Curly4444

Hey, it doesn't matter if you don't like rock. Were just asking what your fav music is, it can be anything.

Offline metaldams

I've said it before and I'll say it again concerning jazz: intellectually, I get it, as I played in jazz bands in high school and college and loved the challenge.  Actually, sitting down and listening to it?  It just doesn't move me, and I've certainly tried.

As far as The Kinks goes, Ray Davies is my favorite songwriter of all-time.  Nobody came close to writing as many great songs as him.  I'm not saying everything he wrote was great, but every era of the Kinks has at least a few great songs, and some eras dozens, and when you were around as long as they were, that's a LOT of songs.  I even like a lot of Ray's recent solo stuff.
- Doug Sarnecky