Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

New Stooge documentary?

Offline falsealarms

Maybe. According to the Facebook page Put historic markers on the birthplaces of The Three Stooges!:

"A new documentary is in the works, done from the perspective of Moe's son Paul Howard. Frank Basile is the producer. We'll give you updates."

If it happens, it should be interesting. Anyone here happen to know anything about this?

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Maybe. According to the Facebook page Put historic markers on the birthplaces of The Three Stooges!:

"A new documentary is in the works, done from the perspective of Moe's son Paul Howard. Frank Basile is the producer. We'll give you updates."

Frank's been working on it for several years.  He screened sampler/unedited footage at the 2009 Fan Club Meeting.  It will be a while.

Offline Hammond Eggar

Oh, man.  I look forward to seeing this, if it's ever completed.  I'd much rather see this documentary come into fruition than the Farrelly Brothers mess of a film.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline falsealarms

I must be further behind than I thought, not knowing about something that has been in development for "years."

Offline Rhinosaurus

Wow, that would be great to see happen.

What I really wish is they would make another movie about the stooges like the 2000 movie, buy an accurate version.

;D

Offline Larry Larry

Wow, that would be great to see happen.

What I really wish is they would make another movie about the stooges like the 2000 movie, buy an accurate version.

;D

I think the "story" is there to make a major Hollywood biography.  With the right director, it could be a big hit.  The stooge's story pushes all the right buttons:  drama, comedy and emotion.   I'm really surprised it hasn't been explored.  Something along the lines of "Ray", "Chaplin", or even "Man on the Moon". 

A Farrely Brothers version, on the other hand:   [help]
These pretzels are making me thirsty!