Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Volume 4 1943 - 1945, October 7 ???

BeAStooge · 44 · 11296

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Extremely preliminary... VideoETA has October 7 listed as the release date for "The Three Stooges Collection Vol. 4: 1943 - 1945."

This is unconfirmed information! (But, VideoETA is usually accurate.)

xraffle

Holy cow! I guess Mike Schlesinger is correct. Sony has shifted into high gear and we should get all the shorts by the end of next year. I know this is unconfirmed, but usually these sites, especially VideoETA, have correct information.

Here's what to expect on this volume:

1. They Stooge To Conga (1943)*
2. Dizzy Detectives (1943)
3. Spook Louder (1943)
4. Back From The Front (1943)
5. Three Little Twirps (1943)*
6. Higher Than A Kite (1943)
7. I Can Hardly Wait (1943)*
8. Dizzy Pilots (1943)
9. Phony Express (1943)
10. A Gem Of A Jam (1943)*
11. Crash Goes The Hash (1944)
12. Busy Buddies (1944)*
13. The Yoke's On Me (1944)*
14. Idle Roomers (1944)*
15. Gents Without Cents (1944)
16. No Dough Boys (1944)
17. Three Pests In A Mess (1945)*
18. Booby Dupes (1945)
19. Idiots Deluxe (1945)
20. If A Body Meets A Body (1945)
21. Micro-Phonies (1945)

*new to dvd

Offline falsealarms

Though not quite as good as 37-39 and 40-42, this 43-45 set would still contain a number of very good shorts.

Other than Micro Phonies, though, I'm not a big fan of any of the other 1945 shorts.

The real mystery is how they handle 46-48 given the Shemp/Curly transition.

Offline locoboymakesgood

I never thought I'd see the day They Stooge to Conga made it to DVD.

BRING IT ON!!
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline FineBari3

I never thought I'd see the day They Stooge to Conga made it to DVD.

BRING IT ON!!

Right on!

[afro]
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline Lefty

"They Stooge to Conga" has been one of my favorites, at least before it was "edited for broadcast" locally.  And it will be good to see "The Yoke's On Me" for the first time since the 1980s.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

Oct 7th hell yeah !!!!!!!!!!!  now does any one know when they are starting Shemp's set off ?  It Would be nice if it was Dec

xraffle

Oct 7th hell yeah !!!!!!!!!!!  now does any one know when they are starting Shemp's set off ?  It Would be nice if it was Dec

Yeah, most likely in December. I'm hoping it's before Christmas though. According to the interview with Mike and S&C's post at Amazon, there should be four volumes released this year and the last four next year.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well, Rockin' in the Rockies would be a perfect fit for this set.. I guess that's just wishful thinking since I believe Mr. Schlesinger said the features will get their own treatment sometimes after the shorts are done.

I wonder if any Shemp solos will be included on Volume Five?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline ProfessorStooge

I wonder if the Joe Besser shorts will be put into a single volume when those are released. Also, I am curious if they will release a " Complete Series" boxed set with all 190 shorts.

Offline archiezappa

This is awesome!  I can't wait to have them all.  This is every Three Stooges fan's dream come true.  At least it is for me.

Offline Sadistic Stooge

I wanted to know , Who still owns the rights to "Myrt And Marge"  ? is it Universal ? I would like to see a Digitally Remastered  DVD come out with that movie . Why not 2oth Century fox did well with "soup To Nuts"

Offline archiezappa

I wanted to know , Who still owns the rights to "Myrt And Marge"  ? is it Universal ? I would like to see a Digitally Remastered  DVD come out with that movie . Why not 2oth Century fox did well with "soup To Nuts"

I agree with that.  The Stooges did two movies at Fox: "Soup To Nuts" and "Snow White And The Three Stooges."  They did well issuing both on DVD.  I think Universal still owns the rights to "Myrt And Marge."  Right now would be the best time to reissue it.  I wonder who you would need to contact at Universal to suggest such a thing.

xraffle

Never seen the movie, but according the filmography on this site, it's a Universal film. Whether they sold the rights or not, I don't know.

By the way, I love the new picture on the main page of this site.

Offline archiezappa

Me too!  I think it looks cool.  And it has all seven of our main characters.

As for "Myrt And Marge," I've seen it.  It's actually pretty good.  The Stooges are in the movie throughout, so it's not just a cameo.  The entire cast, interestingly, works as an ensemble, as opposed to having one or two stars in the movie.  It's definitely DVD worthy.  I hope someone at Universal gets the notion to try to have it remastered and released.

Offline metaldams

Unless it's a major film, Universal tends to release older films in packages (see the Universal Horror and Abbott and Costello sets).  MYRT AND MARGE would not be a stand alone release, so I'd imagine they'd need to package it with other comedy films, finding some kind of theme.  I'd say an unlikely DVD release, but hey, other films have come out that I never would've dreamed of.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Hammond Eggar

I simply love all the news I'm reading in this thread.  Sony has made some loyal Stooges fans VERY happy.  I'm curious, though.  If Sony continues to cover a three-year-period with each set, then when Volume 5 finally gets released, it will include shorts from both the Curly and Shemp eras.  Is that possible?  Does anyone know for sure if that is the plan, or will they seperate the Curly titles from the Shemp, and the Shemp from the Joe Besser so there isn't any overlapping?  Volume 5 would be a great opportunity for Sony to include some of the features, especially "Rockin' in the Rockies," since it was filmed and released during that period of the boys' careers.  There's been talk about a features boxed-set being issued following the release of all the shorts.  That said, I thought that was just for the Joe DeRita titles from 1959-1965.  Does anyone care to take a guess at what Sony will do with Volume 5? ???
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline metaldams

I see no reason why Sony wouldn't put Shemp and Curly shorts together, as long as they're done in order.  Put it to you all this way - you think 1946 is going to be released as a stand alone year with HALF-WITS HOLIDAY thrown in for good measure?  The only way I can possibly see stand alone Curly is if, like Hammond said, something like ROCKIN' IN THE ROCKIES, or a bunch of extras, or maybe a documentary, were thrown in.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JekyllHyde

My guess: it will have the final Curly shorts & the first Shemp shorts. I really don`t see them splitting the years into separate sets.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography

Me too!  I think it looks cool.  And it has all seven of our main characters.

The new logo is available on items at ExpressionMall.biz, sans the pictures (to avoid copyright hassles.)  There's a ton of stuff (tee shirts, coffee mugs, etc.) with the logo and with favorite Stooge quotes, and a portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting this site.   ;D

(BTW - if there is a particularly quote that you'd like to buy, just let me know and I'll pass it along.)   [whisper]

Offline Hammond Eggar

My guess: it will have the final Curly shorts & the first Shemp shorts. I really don`t see them splitting the years into separate sets.

You're probably right.  Sony/Columbia didn't seem to mind releasing themed DVDs that had both Curly and Shemp shorts, so why would they have a problem with Volume 5.  As for the Curly-era features, I'd love to see Sony issue those in boxed form, the same as they probably will with the DeRita features.  That would be outta-sight!!! [afro]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

As for the Curly-era features, I'd love to see Sony issue those in boxed form, the same as they probably will with the DeRita features.  That would be outta-sight!!! [afro]

I agree.  They should release a box set with *all* of the features that the Three Stooges appeared in.  Not just the Curly-Joe era, but everything.  From "The Captain Hates The Sea" to "The Outlaws Is Coming."

xraffle

You're probably right.  Sony/Columbia didn't seem to mind releasing themed DVDs that had both Curly and Shemp shorts, so why would they have a problem with Volume 5.  As for the Curly-era features, I'd love to see Sony issue those in boxed form, the same as they probably will with the DeRita features.  That would be outta-sight!!! [afro]

There was not a single themed DVD that contained all Shemp. It seems like Sony would prefer to mix the Curly and Shemp shorts to help boost sales. So, it's very likely that Volume 5 will be mixed.

Offline ProfessorStooge

In an earlier post, I mentioned Turner Home Entertainment releasing all the Stooges' MGM films (including the shorts they did for them) in a boxed set. I don't know what the odds of that happening are, but it would be a nice addition to a Stooge fan's collection. Maybe I should e-mail Turner and suggest it to them.

Offline Hammond Eggar

I'm curious about the compilation film, "Stop! Look! and Laugh!".  Do you think Sony would include it in a DeRita-era features boxed set?  After all, it does feature clips with Curly as the third Stooge.  If they were to release a boxed set with ALL the Columbia Stooge-related features, then surely it would be included.  That said, if they break them up into two sets, with the Curly features in one box and the DeRitas in another, then "Stop! Look! and Laugh!" should be issued with the Curly featuers.  That makes the best sense.  What are your thoughts.? [cool]

Come-to-think-of-it, I do recall Mike Schlesinger mentioning that he'd like to release the solo Shemp, Besser and DeRita shorts wih their respective collections.  That said, I would definitly like to see "Stop!..." issued with a Curly features set.  This way, the DeRita solo shorts could be included with that particular boxed set.  That would be poifect! :laugh: