Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Ok It Must Be My Old Age...

Offline locoboymakesgood

Someone posted this at DVD Talk about Volume Two.
By the way, I've noticed that the short "Playing The Ponies" is missing the scene where Curly takes the escaping dog back into the kitchen and as Curly is chopping a slab of meat, the dog is yipping, making the customers think Curly is butchering the dog.
What the hell is he talking about?
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

xraffle

That person was probably thinking of "Malice In The Palace."

Offline locoboymakesgood

That person was probably thinking of "Malice In The Palace."
Well, that's what I thought, but wasn't there a Curly gag that was along those lines, too?

Dear Lord I need to start watching the Boys every weekend again.. I haven't seen a short in almost a month.

xraffle

Well, Curly was supposed to make an appearance in "Malice In The Palace," but his scenes ended up in the cutting room floor.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well, Curly was supposed to make an appearance in "Malice In The Palace," but his scenes ended up in the cutting room floor.
No no no.. I'm not that forgetful yet, haha. I'm younger than you. ;D

I swear this triple digit heat is playing tricks on me.

Maybe he's thinking of the scene when Curly takes a boot in from outside via a fishing pole and that dog's tail gets slammed in the window?

xraffle

Hmm. Maybe I'm the forgetful one now. ;D
I could be wrong, but I don't think the dog's tail got slammed in the window in "Playing The Ponies." It did happen in "Malice In The Palace" though.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Hmm. Maybe I'm the forgetful one now. ;D
I could be wrong, but I don't think the dog's tail got slammed in the window in "Playing The Ponies." It did happen in "Malice In The Palace" though.
That I remember.

Didn't it happen in a Curly short though, too? AHH this is gonna bother me now just because I can't place the scene!!!!!

xraffle

AHH this is gonna bother me now just because I can't place the scene!!!!!

Me neither :D. So, I just popped the Volume 2 DVD in my DVD player and checked it out. All that happens is: after the dog runs away with the hot dogs, Curly runs after it. Then one of the customers sees Curly chasing after the dog and then he tells Moe that he'll change his order to Eggs on toast. That's all that happens. Whether this dog tail incident happens in another Curly short, I'm not sure.

Offline JazzBill

I just checked out my old tape from AMC. There are two scenes with dogs on the short. The first one is when a customer asks Moe why the dog is growling at him, and Moe say's because your eating out of his dish. The second is one is when the customer changes his order when he see's Curly chasing the dog. But it ends there.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".