Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Which episode?

Offline PeterSam

Hi:

I am looking for an episode where the Stooges form a conga line.  They sing the words, "Yankee Doodle Doe-Doe" with a conga beat, over and over with variations.  Anyone?  Thanks in advance! 

xraffle

Hi:

I am looking for an episode where the Stooges form a conga line.  They sing the words, "Yankee Doodle Doe-Doe" with a conga beat, over and over with variations.  Anyone?  Thanks in advance! 

Wow! Finally a challenging one. I have no idea. Anyone else have a clue?

Offline Lefty

Hi:

The closest one I can think of is in "Gents Without Cents" with "Rat-tat-toodle-dee-day-day", but that's not in the conga line as the Stooges and the one-named girls were leaving Manny Weeks' office.  Maybe it was Alex "A-Fraud" Rodriguez and Derek "The Cheater" Jeter after they gave each other steroid shots.  Metaladams would agree with that, right?  :)

Offline munar2000

Hi There,

Need some info on a few Stooge Episodes...What is the name of the episode where Curly kills the Clam in the Soup and What year was that made?
Also, in "Three Little Beers" i'm really curious to know what golf course that was filmed at and what place the beer barrels were going up and down the street. Help please. Thank you.  ;)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hi There,

Need some info on a few Stooge Episodes...What is the name of the episode where Curly kills the Clam in the Soup and What year was that made?
Also, in "Three Little Beers" i'm really curious to know what golf course that was filmed at and what place the beer barrels were going up and down the street. Help please. Thank you.  ;)

Welcome to the site!

The answer to your first question is DUTIFUL BUT DUMB (1941).

For your second question, I will just quote the footnotes on THREE LITTLE BEERS:

Some of the Los Angeles locations used in the filming of THREE LITTLE BEERS are detailed in The Three Stooges Journal # 104 (Winter 2002), # 111 (Fall 2004), # 118 (Summer 2006) and # 121 (Spring 2007). The golf course used in the film was actually Rancho Golf Course, on Pico Blvd. in Beverly Hills, located across the street from 20th Century Fox studios.

Offline Clayhammer366

Hi everyone, I've got one that's been racking my brains for a few days now; in what episode did Curly say to Moe "yes, yes, go on I'm palpitating?

???
And this other charge, chicken stealing; I'm not gonna make these poor unfortunates the victims of your prejudice & guesswork...

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline Larry Fine Fan

Which Three Stooges vhs 5 pack features the Stooges' Ed Sullivan Operation sketch (1963) appearance? I've been driving myself crazy trying to find this skit.  [3stooges]

Thanks.

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Which Three Stooges vhs 5 pack features the Stooges' Ed Sullivan Operation sketch (1963) appearance?  

"Funniest Moments II" (GoodTimes Home Video); it was in several different DVD and VHS packs.

Refer to The Three Stooges Videography.

Offline Larry Fine Fan

Thank you so very, very much! I can't wait to see it again!  ;D

Larry Fine Fan

Offline Freddie Sanborn

Which short had the running gag, "Who threw that pie?".  I think it was a Shemp and pies kept flying out of nowhere.  I believe the punchline is that it was a gorilla.
“If it’s not comedy, I fall asleep.” Harpo Marx

ThumpTheShoes

Which short had the running gag, "Who threw that pie?".  I think it was a Shemp and pies kept flying out of nowhere.  I believe the punchline is that it was a gorilla.

It's Spook Louder featuring Curly, and Prof. J. O. Dunkfeather threw the pies.. Maybe!   [pie]

The pie-throwing gorilla was in the 3d short Spooks! with Shemp.

Offline soy10ly

Has anyone out there seen the Three Stooges in person in ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey?  If so, I'd like to interview you!  Let's talk!

Offline strubachinkoscow

Hi Guys,
Can't seem to remember the episode, but here is the set up....

Larry enters a kitchen, then says "Ohh, Gum on my shoe" then bends over.
At that point Moe takes a hot turkey out of an oven with his bare hands
and quickly sets it on Larry's back. Larry screams, and stands up and
the turkey slides onto a table. Larry then says "Mmmmm Turkey!!!" He
is quickly slapped by Moe saying it's for the guests. At least thats how
I remember it.  Anyone remember this one?

Thanks folks,
strub...
How do you like that? I'm dancin to the trombone part!

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Larry enters a kitchen, then says "Ohh, Gum on my shoe" then bends over.
At that point Moe takes a hot turkey out of an oven with his bare hands
and quickly sets it on Larry's back. Larry screams, and stands up and
the turkey slides onto a table. Larry then says "Mmmmm Turkey!!!" He
is quickly slapped by Moe saying it's for the guests.

CRASH GOES THE HASH (1944)

Offline strubachinkoscow

Thanks Beastooge!
Just watched it.
How do you like that? I'm dancin to the trombone part!

Offline munar2000

Hi There!

I need help please! I'm not sure which episode this is, but it is where beer barrels are chasing them down a hill after playing golf. Does anyone know the location of the streets where the beer barrells and where going down the street and also at the intersection where they were passing the policeman at the intersection? Thank you.

Tony

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Hi There!

I need help please! I'm not sure which episode this is, but it is where beer barrels are chasing them down a hill after playing golf. Does anyone know the location of the streets where the beer barrells and where going down the street and also at the intersection where they were passing the policeman at the intersection? Thank you.

Tony

THREE LITTLE BEERS (1935)

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead
Does anyone know the location of the streets where the beer barrells and where going down the street and also at the intersection where they were passing the policeman at the intersection?

The barrel streets are in L.A.'s Echo Park section. Details can be found in The Three Stooges Journal # 104 (Winter 2002) and # 118 (Summer 2006).

Offline John Robert

I do not mean to hijack this thread and I apologize if you feel I have, but I am a newbie and this is my first post. I can't start a topic so I found what I hope is the closest ongoing thread relative to my questions.

There was a scene where the boys were cooking in a kitchen and I think Mo asked for a sauce or some ingredient and they kept repeating it. It sounded like Hanapanacanapa. What is the correct name of it? and what episode?

Also, in another film they were college professors and they sang a song that I think was pig latin and if you excuse my poor attempt it went something like..Be eye bo. be eye bay, be eye bickey bo...... Does anyone know that whole song? and the episode?

Thank you

Offline RICO987

To answer your second question, I believe the short you are referring to is “Violent is the Word for Curly “(1938).   The song is called “Swinging the Alphabet”. 

Here is a sample of the lyric:

B-A-bay, B-E-bee, B-I-bicky-bi, B-O bo, bicky-bi bo, B-U bu, bicky bi bo bu.
C-A-cay, C-E-cee, C-I-cicky-ci, C-O co, cicky-ci co, C-U cu, cicky ci co cu.
D-A-day, D-E-dee, D-I-dicky-di, D-O do, dicky-di do, D-U du, dicky di do du.
F-A-fay, F-E-fee, F-I-ficky-fi, F-O fo, Ficky-fi fo, F-U fu, ficky fi fo fu.
G-A-gay, G-E-gee, G-I-gicky-gi, G-O go, Gicky-gi go, G-U gu, gicky gi go gu.
H-A-hay, H-E-hee, H-I-hicky-hi, H-O ho, hicky-hi ho, H-U hu, hicky hi ho hu.
J-A-jay, J-E-jee, J-I-jicky-ji, J-O jo, Jicky-ji jo, J-U ju, jicky ji jo ju.
K-A-kay, K-E-kee, K-I-kicky-ki, K-O ko, Kicky-ki ko, K-U ku, kicky ki ko ku.
L-A-lay, L-E-lee, L-I-licky-li, L-O lo, Licky-li lo, L-U lu, licky li lo lu.
M-A-may, M-E-mee, M-I-micky-mi, M-O mo, Micky-mi mo, M-U mu, micky mi mo mu.

I think I recognize the short in your first question, but I cannot think of the name of it.

Offline John Robert

Oh man! Thanks RICO987! I feel like I have had a mental chiropractic adjustment. I have had that tune in my head for some 30 years and just knew I had it all wrong. Now I can sing it to my dogs properly. Wonderful. Thank you Thank you.

Dog Hambone

There was a scene where the boys were cooking in a kitchen and I think Mo asked for a sauce or some ingredient and they kept repeating it. It sounded like Hanapanacanapa. What is the correct name of it? and what episode?

It sounds like what you are referring to is (and I can't vouch for the spelling) "anacanapanasan". I don't recall which shorts, but I'm pretty sure that ingredient was used more than once. I think it might have also been an ingredient in that fountain of youth concoction in ALL GUMMED UP.

And, hey, that was a great idea about singing Swinging the Alphabet to the dogs! I just tried it with my labs & I think they enjoyed it. Wish I'da thought of that before.     

Offline John Robert

Wish I could get it at the supermarket. Maybe I should ask my grocer.

Offline QuinceHead

Wish I could get it at the supermarket. Maybe I should ask my grocer.

While you're at it, ask for some apples with the skin on the inside...  ;D

Cheers,
JohnH
aka QuinceHead