Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I have been making a number of tweaks and improvemens to the site this weekend:

• I've installed (or fixed) several modifications to the forum:

• The most obvious one is the return of the Arcade.  This is a new version, with the same 91 games to start with.  The stats from the old arcade were wiped, so everyone starts out even again.  (I'll be looking for more games to add to the arcade.)

• I've installed an improved version of the Bookmarks mod, allowing you to mark favorite threads for quick access.

• The Members page and the Message Index pages on the boards now show a thumbnail of the member's avatar.

• I added a Google Video BBCode button on the Post page to make it as easy to embed a Google video as it is a YouTube video.  The board has been renamed to YouTube and Google Videos.

• I fixed the Links category on the board index, so the redirection links work agan. (I also added a link to The Stoogeum.)
    • I've even added a new Stooges related smiley that I found on another forum:   [pie]

• I've made it possible for the Team Stooge members to upload more photos for the Filmography and for cast and production crew members.  The feature allows them to upload multiple pictures for the episodes, cast and crew.  If there is more than 1 picture available, the page will automatically create an animated slideshow of the pictures, which the user can control.

• The layout for the bio and credits pages for cast members and production crew have been modified for the pictures feature.

• The Videography page has been re-organized.  BeAStooge has done a masterful job of updating the videography, which now contains over 300 volume entries!  The layout has been improved, and it now has page navigation, like most of the other pages.  The list defaults to display 20 volumes per page, but you can change that to show from 10 to 100 per page through a pulldown options menu at the end of the listings.

• I've cleaned up and reorganized the Home page, to make its overall appearance neater and more consistent.  The Recent Updates section has been movd to the bottom of the page, and has been expanded to report any new pictures added in the past month.

• I have added a Site Map to make it easier for users to learn the site's organization.  The Site Map lays out the menu in an easy to read outline format.   (It also features a different six episode pictures every time you visit the page,)

• We've had a lot of Stooge Quotes added to the database recently.  Not every one of them get approved, but we now have 274 quotes!

By the way, here's a handy tip for a quick way to get back to the Home page, no matter where you are: just click on the picture slideshow n the top frame. 

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
  • Okay, first of all I found a few more gmes for the Arcade.  21 more, to be exact.  Try Bloodypingu - it's hilarious!

• I've added the ability to select an Avatar hen a new member registers.

• I've re-installed the Trader rating system.  I thought that might be usual for the Stooge Swap board.

• I added a mod to user an onsite form for emails to members who have chosen to show their email address.  That will prevent your email addresses from being displayed on the pages, making it harder for spammers to harvest addresses on our site.

• I also re-installed the Staff List page.

All of these changes were installed into the Default foru theme, so I converted everyone back to it.

I also recommend using a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher, if you aren't already.  (Comeon - even my tired old eyes can handle it.)   :laugh: