Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

3 Stooges Collection 1934 - 1936, October 30

BeAStooge · 198 · 56941

Linked Events

• 3 Stooges 1934-1936 DVDs: October 30, 2007 - November 05, 2007

ThumpTheShoes

That's right.  $80 for a season of The Monkees is too much.  As a Monkees fan, I own season one.  Now, while I have not yet seen a season two set selling for $80, I have seen it going for as high as $60.  I think in this case it has a lot to do with the special packaging.  It's a box that, when you open it, looks like a record player.  Each disc comes in a sleeve that recreates one of the Monkees 45 picture sleeves. 

The high price tag for those two sets, I think, is due to licensing of all the songs and, also, inclusion of commentary from the original cast. Content-wise the sets do not disappoint... mostly. I do think that I should get some sort of rebate for actually sitting tbrough "33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee" but, otherwise, all is good.

-Th

Offline busybuddy

The Soitenly Stooges web site has the collection up now for $24.95.

About the L&H DVD's-I never heard anything about special features, and I thought they only had two movies. I looked at Amazon and realized that this is a great deal. Now I know another thing I'm putting on my Christmas list!
I think Birdie will go for that!

JH24

I have a question for you guys. If the price of Amazon.com remain the same at $16.99 and all the other volumes to come out have prices of $25-30 would you guys be upset or not buy them? For me we've waited this long and i would buy them at that price.

Another thing as of right now the Amazon.com Sales Rank is at a best of 593. I've been keeping my eye on the sales rank and i think before the set comes out it will probably be in the 100s or 200s.

xraffle

I have a question for you guys. If the price of Amazon.com remain the same at $16.99 and all the other volumes to come out have prices of $25-30 would you guys be upset or not buy them? For me we've waited this long and i would buy them at that price.

I would get upset, but still buy them. Like you said, we've waited this long, might as well buy it and finish our collection.

Another thing as of right now the Amazon.com Sales Rank is at a best of 593. I've been keeping my eye on the sales rank and i think before the set comes out it will probably be in the 100s or 200s.

Yes, the sales rank is getting better and better, which is good to see.  Hopefully, it will be in the 100s during the week of October 30.

xraffle

I actually cancelled my Amazon order today. I hate that I had to do it, but Amazon is really rediculous. I ordered this set with Bruce Springsteen's album "Magic." This album just came out on Tuesday and it would be nice if Amazon would ship that half of the order since there is a big gap between the release dates of that cd and the stooge set. But no, Amazon would rather wait until both products are out before shipping them. I have to wait until after November 5 just to get a CD that came out on October 3. Who does Amazon think they're fooling around with? I know it's free shipping and all, but come on. It pretty obvious that they're trying to piss off customers so they pay extra for separate shipments. That's not right. Customers deserve respect. So, I'm cancelling my Amazon order and going to Best Buy tomorrow to buy the CD and will go back after October 30 to buy the DVD set. I still have $30 on my Best Buy gift cards so I'm not losing anything. I just thought I'd give Amazon the business since their prices are the lowest. But what good is it when they have low prices, but they don't ship the damn products. I don't have all the time in the world to wait. I'm not getting any younger.

Offline Benno123

I ordered my set on July 9, and I received and email from Amazon the other day saying that something changed with my order and that I can now expect to receive my set anywhere between November 5 and November 10.  And that is with paying for the postage, not the free shipment option.  I'm debating if I want to go elsewhere and order, or just hang in.  Of course, there is a Best Buy around the corner from my house, BUT they don't always get the new releases.  (And a Best Buy distribution center is located right outside of town!  Case in point about not getting a new release: in June our Best Buy did not have the new Paul McCartney "Memory Almost Full" on the day or the week it was released.  Regardless of what one may think about McCartney, I would think that BB would carry his new releases, especially when Wally World had it, the special edition to boot!)

xraffle

I ordered my set on July 9, and I received and email from Amazon the other day saying that something changed with my order and that I can now expect to receive my set anywhere between November 5 and November 10.  And that is with paying for the postage, not the free shipment option. 

Wow! That is crazy. Since you paid for shipping, Amazon should ship your items on the day it comes out. This really shows that they really don't care about their customers. They're so stupid too. They piss off their customers, yet they make it so easy for us just to click the "Cancel order" button. I guess they don't care that their mistreatment of customers hurts their business.

And let me inform everyone that Amazon never used to be like this. A few years ago, when they still had the Free Shipping option, they used to ship the item immediately, whether you pick the Free Shipping or not. But now, they make you wait months.

JH24

I actually cancelled my Amazon order today. I hate that I had to do it, but Amazon is really rediculous. I ordered this set with Bruce Springsteen's album "Magic." This album just came out on Tuesday and it would be nice if Amazon would ship that half of the order since there is a big gap between the release dates of that cd and the stooge set. But no, Amazon would rather wait until both products are out before shipping them. I have to wait until after November 5 just to get a CD that came out on October 3. Who does Amazon think they're fooling around with? I know it's free shipping and all, but come on. It pretty obvious that they're trying to piss off customers so they pay extra for separate shipments. That's not right. Customers deserve respect. So, I'm cancelling my Amazon order and going to Best Buy tomorrow to buy the CD and will go back after October 30 to buy the DVD set. I still have $30 on my Best Buy gift cards so I'm not losing anything. I just thought I'd give Amazon the business since their prices are the lowest. But what good is it when they have low prices, but they don't ship the damn products. I don't have all the time in the world to wait. I'm not getting any younger.

What the problem could be is you might have chosen "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" instead of "I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available". The first option means they'll ship one part of your order if it has already come out and the second option means they'll ship them together even if they come out  on different dates

Offline Benno123

No offense to anyone who may have just placed their orders within the last week, but I really hope that those of us who placed an order on the DVD set early would be the first ones to get theirs, outside of those who would pay the extra $$ for the speedy shipping.  I think the set was listed on Amazon around the 7th or 8th of July, and I placed my order on the 9th.  I would like to think that those who placed on it July 8th would have their orders filled before I do, but that my order is filled before those who ordered on July 10.  Just a thought on my part ... maybe I'm just old fashioned in my thinking on things like this!

I did email Amazon and ask what was up, and all I got in reply was some generic email saying if I was unhappy with any part of my order that all I had to do was sign in and cancel the order before shipment.  I'm thinking of either ordering from Barnes and Noble or is there a better place with quick, fantastic shipping that someone can recommend that I would have my set on the day that it is released and at a reasonable price?

JH24

Im just choosing a date here but how many times have i ordered a set on the 20th when that set comes out on the 22nd and it ships on the 22nd. So it doesnt matter if you place an order 3 months before a release date or two days before the release date the fact is that Amazon have got plenty of the same item in stock and they rarely run out.

xraffle

What the problem could be is you might have chosen "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" instead of "I want my items faster. Ship them as they become available". The first option means they'll ship one part of your order if it has already come out and the second option means they'll ship them together even if they come out  on different dates

I know, that's why I said, "It pretty obvious that they're trying to piss off customers so they pay extra for separate shipments." But that bull---- because when my dad orders books from Amazon with Free Shipping, they ship them all right away and separately. Why they don't do that with DVDs and CDs is beyond me. And why in hell do they wait until November 5th to ship all the items. The stooge set comes out October 30th. Is there a particular reason why I have to wait that extra week? I know why, to piss me off.

Offline jrvass

• Dickey-Do Award Winner!
  • Birdbrain
All the BB's in my area suck ass. From Pontiac to Lansing, MI. (That is 1/2 of lower Michigan. Easily 5 million people.)

Amazon is faster than those turds. Even with free shipping.

James
This prestigious award, has been presented to you.
Because your belly sticks out farther than your Dickey-Do!

xraffle

All the BB's in my area suck ass. From Pontiac to Lansing, MI. (That is 1/2 of lower Michigan. Easily 5 million people.)

Amazon is faster than those turds. Even with free shipping.

James

Maybe certain Best Buy's are better than others because the Best Buy near me is pretty good. I went today and they had Springsteen's new CD. It was on sale too. And I doubt Springsteen is that popular, at least compared to many other singers like Billy Joel.

JH24

I had the weirdest experience last night with Amazon i made about 5 or 6 six of the same order and kept cancelling and re-doing the order until i gave up until this morning.

I pre-ordered the Stooges set and Looney Tunes Golden Collection both together and this is how they were going to ship.

LTGCv5 Ships October 30 - Delivery Estimate November 12-20.

Three Stooges Ships November 1st - Delivery Estimate November 20 - December 3rd.

That happened on a bunch of occasions until i just gave up and this morning when i tried again and did the preorder again they're shipping at the same time on October 30th and the delivery is November 12th-20th.

It wouldnt of bothered me if the sets shipped a day apart what bothered me was the fact that i might have got the Stooges set a month later. 12-20 days might seem like a long time but take into consideration that that is with the slowest shipping method and i live in Australia.

xraffle

The shipping method is not really that slow. Even when using the slowest shipping method available, it should not take that long for an item to arrive. Amazon just purposely delays the shipment so you pay extra for faster service.

Here's an example. About 2 months ago, I ordered a DVD that was in stock with free shipping and they took a week before shipping it. Then, they when they finally shipped it, it was being shipping from New Jersey and I live in New York. Guess what, it took a week to arrive. You know why it took long? Because Amazon told me they shipped it, but never dropped it off at the post office until 5 days after they notified me of shipment. I know this because of the USPS tracking number they gave me. When I tracked the package, no tracking information was available until 5 days after I was notified of shipment. What I basically mean is that, Amazon emailed me on a Monday that my item shipped. But when I tracked the item on usps.com, no tracking information was available until Friday. So, basically, Amazon is making the shipping much slower than it already is.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Um. For a movie that has been available for 50-60-80 years, or so... What's the rush?  ::)

James

xraffle

Um. For a movie that has been available for 50-60-80 years, or so... What's the rush?  ::)

James

Nothing, but why wait over a month for something when I can just walk a few blocks to Best Buy and get it right away for pretty much the same price?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Nothing, but why wait over a month for something when I can just walk a few blocks to Best Buy and get it right away for pretty much the same price?

Actually, there's no reason at all to wait, especially if you can just walk to Best Buy!  It's a 50 mile drive -- round trip -- for me to go there from where I live, so waiting for Amazon to ship it to me is less of a problem.  (Plus, the site gets a commission on the sale, so I get a little of my money back. )  ;)

xraffle

Actually, there's no reason at all to wait, especially if you can just walk to Best Buy!  It's a 50 mile drive -- round trip -- for me to go there from where I live, so waiting for Amazon to ship it to me is less of a problem.  (Plus, the site gets a commission on the sale, so I get a little of my money back. )  ;)

Whoa! Well if it's a 50 mile drive, then waiting for Amazon to ship it is certainly a better option. I was under the assumption that everyone had a Best Buy near them.

Offline jrvass

• Birdbrain
Yeah. One is 20 miles, the other 60. Both suck. Clerks slower than ... never mind.

I'll get myself into trouble.

James

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Whoa! Well if it's a 50 mile drive, then waiting for Amazon to ship it is certainly a better option. I was under the assumption that everyone had a Best Buy near them.

LOL!  Not everyone lives in a city, ya know.   [pie]

I live in a rural area, with plenty of farms around still.  It's at least 6 miles to the nearest gas station, and the nearest "city" (pop. 7500) is the county seat about 12 miles away.  (Thank God for the General Store -- literally -- in the village.  That's only a mile and a half away.)   

I have a 20 mile drive to work every day, but it's all back roads (speed limit 55) and freeway (70), so it doesn't take long and there isn't a lot of traffic (since mid-Michigan's economy is in the toilet.)

JH24

Great news the Sales Rank is at a best of 384.

Im thinking that in the week of its release it'll fall in the top 100.

I dont care what the cost will be ($30-40) im getting the quickest shipping method which will take 5-6 days to deliver i am looking forward to this set so much.

What worries me is that the sales rank on the Amazon.ca website is 4202 would Sony look at that or only how the sets sell in America?

Offline Hammond Eggar

I must admit, I'd much rather buy the set from a nearby store, rather than wait for it to ship in the mail.  That said, helping this site would be the main incentive for ordering online at all.  If I do decide to order the DVDs, I'll definitly use the Amazon link on this site. [pie]
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder, 1971)

Offline archiezappa

I'll probably end up buying from a store like Best Buy.  However, this type of thing seems to be on the way out.  Several video and CD stores have closed up around here.  The only CD store in the nearby malls is FYE.  We used to have three CD stores in each mall.  Suncoast video is closed, too.  It's crazy.  The internet is taking all of that business.  Stores may never go away completely, but they sure are slimming down.  Even when I go to a store, I can't hardly find anything that I want.  I end up having to buy from Amazon, anyway.  So, if I don't see the set at Best Buy or Walmart, I'll order from Amazon.

Offline locoboymakesgood

Best Buy is never going to close. That place has a monopoly on electronics.

I actually didn't even think of this today, but I'm going to check out my Wal-Mart on release day. Chances are they'll be cheapest, then if they don't have it off to Target or Best Buy.

Also, a heads up.. FYE tends to let their releases slip a few weeks early (I've gotten a couple of DVDs a month or so before street date in the past), so if you're in the mall over the weekend, wouldn't hurt to stop in and look. Only thing is you'll be paying full retail price, but you won't have to wait another 2 weeks.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)