Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

The #1 Song On The Day You Were Born

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Ok, I've heard this song before, the artist wasn't very familiar though.

Billy Swan was a country/rockabilly artist with just one hit. This was it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline kinderscenen

I can tell you that David Essex had a hit in the US with "Rock On", but Billy Swan is new on me too. Lemme see what I can dig up.
Ok, I've heard this song before, the artist wasn't very familiar though.

Billy Swan was a country/rockabilly artist with just one hit. This was it.

Thanks! I think I'll go have a listen to these songs--while the 70s had great music/groups, some of that stuff...yikes!
Larry: They’ll hang us for this!
Moe: I know! Let’s cremate him!
Larry: Can’t do that--we ain’t got no cream!

Gorilla Watson

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water. Both countries. Great song! They were a great duo.

Offline IFleecem

• Puddinhead
  • "Hey Moe, Wher'd You Get The Sunglasses"
Bird Dog By The Everly Brothers................. Now I'll Have That Song In My Head All Day   Sheeesh...................HeHeHe.

Signed, I Fleecem
President

Offline metaldams

12/24/78 "Le Freak" - Chic

Never heard of it, but it can't be as cool as "I Feel Fine" or "House of the Rising Sun."
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline BeAStooge

• Birdbrain
  • Master Stooge
  • Bunionhead

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
12/24/78 "Le Freak" - Chic

Never heard of it, but it can't be as cool as "I Feel Fine" or "House of the Rising Sun."

You've really never heard of it? It's a VERY popular disco tune, even to this day you can hear it in gay establishments that harken back to the days of Truman Capote chasing young, buff pieces of ass in Studio 54.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline metaldams

You've really never heard of it? It's a VERY popular disco tune, even to this day you can hear it in gay establishments that harken back to the days of Truman Capote chasing young, buff pieces of ass in Studio 54.

Oh darn!  What would the boys at The Blue Moon think of me now?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Waldo Twitchell

"How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" - The Bee Gees

Ugh. I don't even mind their disco stuff, but this song blows!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
For the US charts, I got Rock Around The Clock by Bill Hayley & His Comets.  I guess I could do worse.  (A lot of you did!)   ;D

For the UK, I got Dreamboat by Alma Cogan, but I can't comment on it since I've never heard it.  (The question is, would I want to?

Offline JazzBill

"How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" - The Bee Gees

Ugh. I don't even mind their disco stuff, but this song blows!
Actually, I thought the Bee Gees were pretty darn good when they first started charting. Some songs that come to mind are, "New York Mining Disaster", Massachusetts", "I've Gotta Get a Message To You", and "Lonely Days". It was later in their career's they lost me. (I didn't like disco)  :-\
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

June 17, 1970: The Long and Winding Road, The Beatles

I can live with that.  It is so strange seeing the songs from when I was in high school being the 'born on date' for the young-ins on this board! Ugh....getting old sucks!

Oh, that Simply Red song....YUK! They used to show that friggin' video on MTV at least once an hour when it came out!
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline JazzBill

June 17, 1970: The Long and Winding Road, The Beatles

I can live with that.  It is so strange seeing the songs from when I was in high school being the 'born on date' for the young-ins on this board! Ugh....getting old sucks!

Oh, that Simply Red song....YUK! They used to show that friggin' video on MTV at least once an hour when it came out!
That don't suck nearly as bad as having to use my 18th Birthday because Rock & Roll hadn't been invented yet on the day I was born. Hell, I probably have shoes in the back of my closet I was wearing when the "The Long And Winding Road " came out. [cry]
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline FineBari3

That don't suck nearly as bad as having to use my 18th Birthday because Rock & Roll hadn't been invented yet on the day I was born. Hell, I probably have shoes in the back of my closet I was wearing when the "The Long And Winding Road " came out. [cry]

LOL! Yeah, that sucks.

I was not knocking you more vintage guys......I just meant that I seem to be noticing more stuff like kids that were born when I was in high school are 21 now.

Yeah, but did you ever get the see the Boys live?????
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline AKStoogeFan

Mine for 10/13/73 is "Half-Breed" by Cher.  Dang it!  I never liked that song.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
Mine for 10/13/73 is "Half-Breed" by Cher.  Dang it!  I never liked that song.

LOL!  That means that I was probably drinking in a bar in Frankfort, Germany, and listening to Don Maclean's American Pie, when you were being born.  (What really depresses me, though, is realizing that was almost 33 years ago!)

Offline Robbie883