Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Three Robonic Stooges on Youtube.com

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Youtube.com is a site where people can post videos of practically anything, and this guy posted an episode from the 70's cartoon The Three Robonic Stooges. This is the first Robonic Stooges episode I can remember seeing, and for those who haven't seen it I have to warn you; it sucks balls.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Pilsner Panther

Damn, that's beyond sucking balls or anything else. I should award myself a Karma point for watching the whole thing.

The "Moe" voice sounds like it might be Paul Winchell. All of the vocal imitations are pathetic, although "Robonic" Larry has only a few lines... which is just as well.

Not to mention that the whole concept makes no sense whatsoever. Putting on superhero costumes gives these "Stooges" super powers? But, they have the powers even before they put on the costumes. Right, that makes perfect sense.

::)

It's amazing that anyone got paid for cranking out this garbage— I wouldn't have worked on it even if the producers had paid me.

[bash]

Offline Giff me dat fill-em!

• Oh, Vici Kid!
  • Team Stooge
  • Bunionhead
  • Vici Kid
Super power Stooges? ... someone should ask this guy if he'll do an "alien" Stooges cartoon ... but, now that I think of it, the cartoon will be exactly as it is now.

Remember a few months back, there were a few exuberant posters who contributed to a thread titled something like "Fan Fiction Stooges", in which posters were encouraged to submit their own Stooge episodes? I think maybe the guy who made this cartoon posted to that thread, because trying to read some of those fake episodes were as difficult to read as that video was to watch.
The tacks won't come out! Well, they went in ... maybe they're income tacks.

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Moe is indeed voiced by Paul Winchell, and is probably the most off-sounding Stooge of them all. The others sound like horrible impressions, but Winchell doesn't even remotely close.

I should point out that this cartoon is par for the course of Hanna Barbara, especially in their 70's heyday. HB cartoons were entertaining as a kid who just wanted to watch cartoons, but as an adult I've come to realize just how horrible they are.

I think it would be safe to say that Maurer (who created this shit) and HB were trying in vain to glom off of the popularity of "The Six Million Dollar Man" craze of the same time period (1978).

Oh, and I gave you applause for watching the whole thing Pils. Anyone who can sit through all seven minutes deserves it. If I see anyone say they actually liked it be prepared for a smite coming your way. Some of these supposed "fans" think anything involving the Stooges can't be bad (see Worst Episode thread for proof). Oh well, that's a rant for another day. [whistle]
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline JazzBill

I watched all of it and your right, it sucks!  But to be honest,the cartoons that they have today suck just as bad. Thats probably why I watch the Stooges so much.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Pilsner Panther

I'll also be a grammar Nazi and say that the word is "robotic," not "robonic."

:police:

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Yep, Robonic isn't even a word, but that's what they called it. Par for the course.

Pilsner Panther

I watched all of it and your right, it sucks!  But to be honest,the cartoons that they have today suck just as bad. Thats probably why I watch the Stooges so much.

Not only do the Stooges still last, but so does all of the other classic film comedy, which is timeless. Yesterday, I was visitng a friend of mine who has two nephews, ages 9 and 13. He showed them Harold Lloyd's two-reeler "Number, Please," and he told me that at first, they didn't want to watch it because it was in black and white and silent.

(Kids these days! Get off my lawn, you little whippersnappers!)

But by the time the film was over, both nephews were rolling on the floor laughing.

I really think that that's the key to why the old-time, vaudeville-trained entertainers were so great: they actually cared whether the audience was entertained or not. Radio and TV made it too easy to spew out mindless garbage, because you couldn't see whether the audience liked you or, or didn't.

If they didn't, they'd throw rotten vegetables at the stage, and even a dead cat sometimes...

[duck]

Offline JazzBill

Not only do the Stooges still last, but so does all of the other classic film comedy, which is timeless. Yesterday, I was visitng a friend of mine who has two nephews, ages 9 and 13. He showed them Harold Lloyd's two-reeler "Number, Please," and he told me that at first, they didn't want to watch it because it was in black and white and silent.

(Kids these days! Get off my lawn, you little whippersnappers!)

But by the time the film was over, both nephews were rolling on the floor laughing.

I really think that that's the key to why the old-time, vaudeville-trained entertainers were so great: they actually cared whether the audience was entertained or not. Radio and TV made it too easy to spew out mindless garbage, because you couldn't see whether the audience liked you or, or didn't.

If they didn't, they'd throw rotten vegetables at the stage, and even a dead cat sometimes...

[duck]
I have 6 grandchildren, ( all boys ) ages 1 to 13. Every one them likes to watch the Stooges. Every now and then one of them will ask, " How come theres a horse on the street ? Or how come they are trying to carry ice up all those stairs?"  So in reality, they are also getting a little history lesson with their comedy.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline locoboymakesgood

Well, this show was pretty much a joke.. kind of reminded of Inspector Gadget, except ya know Gadget was a well written and good show. Atleast when they were on Scooby Doo they sounded like themselves, kind of.. that Moe was absolutely horrid.

Speaking of Hanna-Barbera's attempt on picking up old comedy teams and placing them into modern day, anybody remember the Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello cartoon? I never saw either, I've just read about them online.
"Are you guys actors, or hillbillies?" - Curly, "Hollywood Party" (1934)

Offline Jareth

• Grapehead
  • "I'm as pretty as a picture!" "Yeah, of an ape!"
Well, this show was pretty much a joke.. kind of reminded of Inspector Gadget, except ya know Gadget was a well written and good show. Atleast when they were on Scooby Doo they sounded like themselves, kind of.. that Moe was absolutely horrid.

Speaking of Hanna-Barbera's attempt on picking up old comedy teams and placing them into modern day, anybody remember the Laurel and Hardy or Abbott and Costello cartoon? I never saw either, I've just read about them online.
I have some of the Laurel and Hardy and Abbott and Costello cartoons they are not that good but one thing that makes the Abbott and Costello cartoons better are that Bud Abbott dose his own voice.
Jareth Wilder

CURLYFAN

I should point out that this cartoon is par for the course of Hanna Barbara, especially in their 70's heyday. HB cartoons were entertaining as a kid who just wanted to watch cartoons, but as an adult I've come to realize just how horrible they are.

I used to watch Hanna/ Barbara cartoons and in fact I still do on Boomerang and I think those cartoona are great IMO

I tried the link above and I did get the player but all it said was loading.... but nothing played ???

OK nevermind it took abour 4 minutes to load but it finally played and I liked it and the voice of MOE sounds like the voice of 'Tigger" from Whinnie The Pooh"

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
I used to watch Hanna/ Barbara cartoons and in fact I still do on Boomerang and I think those cartoona are great IMO

I tried the link above and I did get the player but all it said was loading.... but nothing played ???

OK nevermind it took abour 4 minutes to load but it finally played and I liked it and the voice of MOE sounds like the voice of 'Tigger" from Whinnie The Pooh"

You have no taste whatsoever. You must be one of those idiots who can't bring themselves to not like anything the Stooges ever did.