Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: I am on Youtube
« Last post by luke795 on February 14, 2024, 03:44:45 PM »
I show off my Three Stooges VHS, DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K collection.  I am working on the Ritz Brothers video today and should be posted later today or tomorrow.  I also talk about Movies, TV Shows, Video Games, Music, and Food.

Random Comedy Reviews / Re: Goodness, a Ghost! (1940) - Harry Langdon
« Last post by Paul Pain on February 11, 2024, 05:30:42 AM »
And sorry, Metal, your link above didn't come up for me.  As you might guess, I'm no better at the interwebs now than I was pre-covid when this site got so sick of me it stopped running my devastatingly erudite posts.  For whatever reason I appear to be on probation at the moment, though my not being able to pick up the link is ominous.

It's not you.  It's the revamped website that's the problem: https://www.threestooges.net/forums/index.php/topic,7128.0

When Rob merged Moronika back into threestooges.net, somehow the links stopped redirecting properly.
Youtube and Google Videos / Re: Music videos you like - post here.
« Last post by metaldams on February 09, 2024, 03:04:44 PM »

I was in the audience for this one.  I like this version better than the studio version.
Youtube and Google Videos / Re: Music videos you like - post here.
« Last post by Dunrobin on February 09, 2024, 09:30:50 AM »
The Three Stooges - Joe and Curly Joe Years / Re: Kook’s Tour (1970)
« Last post by QuinceHead on February 08, 2024, 09:46:15 AM »
One thing that stands out for me about this film, which I haven't seen mentioned here yet, is this: The poor picture and sound quality of the version that's available (which, apparently, was sourced from an old 8mm copy). The sound is tinny as anything. The colors look faded and washed out; in particular, there doesn't seem to be any actual green (among possible other colors) in the whole thing.

I wonder if the original filmed footage still exists, and if so, who has it?

Imagine there being a 2K (or even 4K) scan of the original film made available to fans!

For duty and humanity,
JohnH aka QuinceHead
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Termites of 1938 (1938)
« Last post by Big Chief Apumtagribonitz on February 07, 2024, 08:02:38 PM »
Samurai, "pawg-swatted" is great.
The Three Stooges - Curly Years / Re: Horses' Collars (1935)
« Last post by Big Chief Apumtagribonitz on February 07, 2024, 07:41:03 PM »
G C, thanks again for the link to Roadhouse Queen.  I watched it tonight. That does indeed look like a rough draft of the Stooges' fist fight in the coat.  And it also looks like Mack Sennett was taking full advantage of pre-code lack of rules.  Pretty funny flick.  And you and I may have set a record for the slowest pace of correspondence on this site.
I'm very late to the party, Paul Pain, but very nice work, and I'm saying that was a lotta work.
General Discussion / Re: The New SHEMP BOOK
« Last post by Umbrella Sam on February 06, 2024, 05:28:23 PM »
I caved in and bought the book. Haven’t started reading yet, but I skimmed through quickly and already found some information that kind of blew my mind. Definitely looking forward to this.
Random Comedy Reviews / Re: Goodness, a Ghost! (1940) - Harry Langdon
« Last post by Big Chief Apumtagribonitz on February 04, 2024, 02:06:08 PM »
And sorry, Metal, your link above didn't come up for me.  As you might guess, I'm no better at the interwebs now than I was pre-covid when this site got so sick of me it stopped running my devastatingly erudite posts.  For whatever reason I appear to be on probation at the moment, though my not being able to pick up the link is ominous.