The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

PLEASE READ: Guidelines for posting at Threestooges.net

shemps#1 · 103 · 59690

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
The word is "appalling", genius. If you don't like the usage of the First Amendment you are free to get lost.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead
A typo, obviously! I wasn't seriously offended, I was merely noting the difference! This message board is quite informative, actually!
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
A typo, obviously! I wasn't seriously offended, I was merely noting the difference! This message board is quite informative, actually!

We do allow swearing in posts here; I don't remember if the .com boards did - they've been gone a long time.  We feel that anyone who is visiting this site is old enough to at least "know all the woids!"   ;)

Personally, I don't swear that much (at least, not in public.)  I feel that just because you have the freedom to do something it doesn't mean that you have to do it, and frankly overuse destroys the effect for those times when swearing is truly appropriate (like when discussing government goons and - ugh! - politicians.)

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
Sorry about that if I jumped the gun on you. I gave you an applaud to override the smite.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Dog Hambone

Regarding your 12:27 am message of today, good one, Shemps#1. If it had been a bad television show, I would assume Bangsmith wouldn't continue watching it, he would change the station. Frankly, the language is not as bad as you hear around town every day, and where it might  be "apalling" (I'm not saying it is!), there is always a warning.  I consider this site to be a breath of fresh air, and one reason is that the messages are mature & you guys obviously work hard to screen out the trolls.

The name Bangsmith looks familiar. I believe he posts comments in the "Guestbook" at least once a day (usually more) at ThreeStooges.com. In fact, yesterday he was in there complaining about how long it takes to post a message at this site.       

Offline Bangsmith

• Citizen of Greater Stoogedom
  • Chucklehead

Thanks for the clarification, Dunrobin. Dog: yes, that is me on the other website. I was merely being light-hearted when I was "complaining" over there.
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do "suck seed"!!

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
A very necessary bump for this thread as it seems many of our newer members are failing to read the rules. Go to the first page and read the first post.

Offline Wilson7777

Hi there.

I'm new to these boards, and I need to ask a question on here because I can't seem to post a topic in General Discussion, or anywhere else for that matter!!

I do not have a button at the top right for making a new topic.  Can anyone help me with this??

Thank you.
===========
Wilson7777

Offline metaldams

Hi there.

I'm new to these boards, and I need to ask a question on here because I can't seem to post a topic in General Discussion, or anywhere else for that matter!!

I do not have a button at the top right for making a new topic.  Can anyone help me with this??

Thank you.

Rob or Jim (the other moderators, I'm new as a moderator myself), can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need at least 10 posts before you can post in the general discussion section.  Basically, we figure if you're not banned by 10 posts, you're probably OK to post wherever you want.  Unfortunately, this site has had a lot of trolls and people who just can't write legibly over the years littering the site.  By limiting where new posters can post, we can prevent this site from being littered by the bad apples.  So far Wilson7777, you seem alright in my eyes, and welcome aboard. 
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
There is a thread for newbies to ask questions titled "Ask Team Stooge".

HwyMoe

HELP - there's something missing on this site... there's no contact administrator.  My account is so messed up and I cannot fix it myself.  I tried to edit my previous account but I had apparently mis-typed my email address because I never received the "confirmation" link - won't let me back in.  So I created a new account but again, fat fingered that.  There's no way to change your username.  What a mess....

Anyone?

Offline shemps#1

• Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What do you want your name changed to?

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
I've got it, Jim.  I was in the process of straightening it out when I had to reboot.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
HELP - there's something missing on this site... there's no contact administrator.  My account is so messed up and I cannot fix it myself.  I tried to edit my previous account but I had apparently mis-typed my email address because I never received the "confirmation" link - won't let me back in.  So I created a new account but again, fat fingered that.  There's no way to change your username.  What a mess....

Anyone?

Okay, I fixed your email address for Sixpak and activated the account for you, and I have deleted the HwyMoe account.  You should be good to go, and welcome to the site!   
 [cheers]

Ingarotie

Couldn't agree more. More silly rules than you can shake a stick at, but vulgarity is apparently not one of them (5)
 Useless posting for no other reason than to get your post count up (one of the "stupid" rules!).The counting within each post made my job that much easier. No new topic for you! S#1
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:41:47 AM by shemps#1 »

Offline WhyIOughta

I thought about changing MY user name to "Captain Spaulding," but then I thought that I might have trouble getting back into this site.......   >:D

Oh, BTW, "JUST kidding!"   [3stooges]

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Thanks for posting this! I'm new here and I will gladly handle these precious rules/regulations with care. But I do have one question for the admin (or mod): How come there are no pic posting threads? I mean that I don't see any threads of pics of the boys anywhere. I was hoping to get to gaze at some, which was my main reason for signing up. :(
<3 Green Day~Jeff Dunham~King of the Hill <3

"When I want your advice I'll ask for it!" - Moe Howard
"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking til you do succeed." - Curly Howard

Offline FineBari3

Thanks for posting this! I'm new here and I will gladly handle these precious rules/regulations with care. But I do have one question for the admin (or mod): How come there are no pic posting threads? I mean that I don't see any threads of pics of the boys anywhere. I was hoping to get to gaze at some, which was my main reason for signing up. :(

Hello and welcome!  There are lots of pictures over at www.threestooges.net They are in the 'Multimedia' tab up at the top of the page. There are also photos for each short and more! This BB used to be a part of that site, but recently split off to it's own site.  The same person (Dunrobin) still runs both of them.
Mar-Jean Zamperini
"Moe is their leader." -Homer Simpson

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Hello and welcome!  There are lots of pictures over at www.threestooges.net They are in the 'Multimedia' tab up at the top of the page. There are also photos for each short and more! This BB used to be a part of that site, but recently split off to it's own site.  The same person (Dunrobin) still runs both of them.
Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I should have mentioned that I already visit the site regularly, so I've basically seen all the multimedia pics. What I mean is that I thought that this forum would have rare photos and set photos and things like that. I'm so disappointed.

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking til you do succeed." - Curly Howard

Offline horwitz-halfwits

• Team Howard
  • Grapehead
  • Stooge it to the man!
Why is everyone suddenly posting links that are useless to me? Sorry but I find it a bit annoying. I know what is on the site. I want stuff that can't even be found on Google or Bing.

Offline metaldams

Why is everyone suddenly posting links that are useless to me? Sorry but I find it a bit annoying. I know what is on the site. I want stuff that can't even be found on Google or Bing.

What are you looking for?  Pictures of Shemp's Bar Mitzvah?  Candid backstage photos of a young Derita with a burlesque dancer?
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline JazzBill

What are you looking for?  Pictures of Shemp's Bar Mitzvah?  Candid backstage photos of a young Derita with a burlesque dancer?

Didn't someone say they had some pictures of Derita and a mule?  ::)
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".