Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

PLEASE READ: Guidelines for posting at Threestooges.net

shemps#1 · 103 · 59742

xraffle

When did he say that we couldn’t say “Fuck“? By the way, Brett,  go back and read the goddamn guidelines. You know the ones about name-calling and swearing at people.

Yeah, this Brett guy is causing a lot of trouble. The way he curses and swears at people is totally unacceptable.

Pilsner Panther

When did he say that we couldn’t say “Fuck“? By the way, Brett,  go back and read the goddamn guidelines. You know the ones about name-calling and swearing at people.

Yeah, this Brett guy is causing a lot of trouble. The way he curses and swears at people is totally unacceptable.

I'm looking into the situation; after I get it sorted out, I'll take some kind of action.

Offline Robbie883

Brett happens to be a close friend of mine. I am terribly sorry that he has been acting and speaking the way he is. If I had any idea that he was planning on acting this way I would have never shown him these boards. But I had a question, he went on vacation to New Jersey this weekend. I dont belive there is a computer at where he is staying, expecially because I have been there with him before. I have a slight feeling that this may be the work of Brett's brother. He and his brother have sort of a grudge with one another, I have the slightest feeling that Bretts brother may be the one behind the foul language. I just thought I'd let everybody know that because I am a personal friend of Brett. But, by chance if Brett is doing this, I don't know what has come over him.

Offline ZEKE

Listen P.P., all I expect is a little bit of fuckin' INTELLIGENT decency, do you talk to women and children like this??? I don't.  For all you know you could be swearing at/with/about,etc.,to one
at any given time on-line, who can tell??
  My Dad raised me right.
You justify your own  mouth, not mine.
  Man to man is another matter and I can let my decorum slide.
( You sound like a man  ???) I hope so, or I inadvertantly (sorry, big woid) broke my own
credo.
  Spout over, lets get on with all things STOOGES and only THREE STOOGES!!!! WOOOOO!!   
Usually if I feel like swearing but don't know the person/sex of the person on line
I use #@$&^***&^^$$##@@! and such, but when I do I can say fuck, shit, dick, etc.,
just like you, pally.
ZEKE---in AJAX-(G.T.A.), Canada.

Offline ZEKE

Ahh f*ck, do we all give that much of a s**t about this anyway?????

Pilsner Panther

Listen P.P., all I expect is a little bit of fuckin' INTELLIGENT decency, do you talk to women and children like this??? I don't.  For all you know you could be swearing at/with/about,etc.,to one
at any given time on-line, who can tell??
  My Dad raised me right.
You justify your own  mouth, not mine.
  Man to man is another matter and I can let my decorum slide.
( You sound like a man  ???) I hope so, or I inadvertantly (sorry, big woid) broke my own
credo.
  Spout over, lets get on with all things STOOGES and only THREE STOOGES!!!! WOOOOO!!   
Usually if I feel like swearing but don't know the person/sex of the person on line
I use #@$&^***&^^$$##@@! and such, but when I do I can say fuck, shit, dick, etc.,
just like you, pally.

What, you don't think I gave you an intelligent reply? All I can say is, you're awfully thin-skinned. I don't really need to answer your question; but no, I don't swear a lot in my personal speech, not unless I'm livid with anger. All I said was that it doesn't offend me if someone else curses— that's what happens in the real world, "pally." I grew up in New York City, so I heard rough speech right from the beginning; I'm more than used to it. As a result, I can swear in Yiddish and Italian, as well as in English. You must live in some part of Canada that's so isolated that it's mainly populated by moose and beaver...

...Oooh, I said a naughty word! Beaver!  :o

Okay, now let's not start a flame war here, let's just agree that we don't look at this issue in the same way, and let it go at that.

Pilsner Panther

Brett happens to be a close friend of mine. I am terribly sorry that he has been acting and speaking the way he is. If I had any idea that he was planning on acting this way I would have never shown him these boards. But I had a question, he went on vacation to New Jersey this weekend. I dont belive there is a computer at where he is staying, expecially because I have been there with him before. I have a slight feeling that this may be the work of Brett's brother. He and his brother have sort of a grudge with one another, I have the slightest feeling that Bretts brother may be the one behind the foul language. I just thought I'd let everybody know that because I am a personal friend of Brett. But, by chance if Brett is doing this, I don't know what has come over him.

Robbie, I've warned whoever is this. If you think there's something you can do to fix this on a personal level, please try. If it turns out that this is really Brett's brother, you should tell Brett not to give out his passwords! Anyway, whoever's been violating the posting guidelines, there's a warning on him right now, and that means he gets one chance to clean up his act. He's been disturbing and annoying the other members here, and we can't have that, as I'm sure you know.

Offline shemps#1

• Pothead, Libertarian, Administrator, Resident Crank and Baron of Greymatter
  • Global Moderator
  • Chowderhead
  • Hatchet Man
What I don't get is the not swearing around adult women bit. Let me tell you something, I've known women that have made ME say "damn, she swears too much". Women should be treated as what they are: the equals of their male counterparts. They are not fragile little flowers that will wilt after hearing someone say "shit". I can see not wanting to curse around children, but intentionally not cursing around women is sexist and antiquated. If you can say it around a grown man you should be able to say it around a grown woman. Besides, we have plenty of women who are members of this site as well, so your not cursing around women thing doesn't quite work.

What I usually do is try to get a feel for the people/environment I am around as to whether or not I should make it a point not to swear. For instance, if I'm at a fancy banquet or around people that are "old school" I will behave myself. The same goes for something like a job interview. If I go into a job interview and let the fucks and shits fly I can kiss that job goodbye. An internet message board, however, is a different story.

FYI: I don't know about Pils and Rob, but I'm usually much more strict with language as far as fan comments on the episode pages are concerned.

What's the Vegas line on this Brett character getting pissed about the warning and getting himself banned?
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish." - Unknown

Offline Robbie883

Robbie, I've warned whoever is this. If you think there's something you can do to fix this on a personal level, please try. If it turns out that this is really Brett's brother, you should tell Brett not to give out his passwords! Anyway, whoever's been violating the posting guidelines, there's a warning on him right now, and that means he gets one chance to clean up his act. He's been disturbing and annoying the other members here, and we can't have that, as I'm sure you know.

Don't worrie about it Pils, I'll get this under control.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:57:49 AM by Robbie883 »

Offline ZEKE

Pilsner Panther, you said, I said, 'Nuff said!!
Let's just be pals and continue our love for
THE THREE STOOGES.
 I respect your opinions and this site and apologise for creating
any animosity toward you or any one else involved.
 Now for some STOOGE.NET cruising! Right fuckin' on.!! ;D

brett11253

WOW!!!!! my friend brian43123 who happens to be on these boards is getting on my name and posting things. I do not know why but he is. Sry for all the inconveince. I hope this doesnt cause any problems. I am going to change my password. I didnt know my friend was that pathetic and had to go and the stooges boards as my name and post things to get me in trouble.

Offline ZEKE

Just for laughs P.P., where in the world do you reside????????????

xraffle

WOW!!!!! my friend brian43123 who happens to be on these boards is getting on my name and posting things. I do not know why but he is. Sry for all the inconveince. I hope this doesnt cause any problems. I am going to change my password. I didnt know my friend was that pathetic and had to go and the stooges boards as my name and post things to get me in trouble.

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't really you who was causing trouble. When you change your password, don't give it out to anyone.

Offline Robbie883

Pilsner Panther

Pilsner Panther, you said, I said, 'Nuff said!!
Let's just be pals and continue our love for
THE THREE STOOGES.
 I respect your opinions and this site and apologise for creating
any animosity toward you or any one else involved.
 Now for some STOOGE.NET cruising! Right fuckin' on.!! ;D

No animosity taken, not here anyway. I had a nice custard pie all ready for you, though!

[stooges]

Pilsner Panther

Just for laughs P.P., where in the world do you reside????????????

San Francisco. I don't know if I left my heart here, but I definitely left my tuchis. I moved out here from the East Coast years ago because (wait for it, Mr. Canadian), I couldn't stand the cold weather any more. Obviously, not a problem for you...

BTW, I go by Pils or Pilsner here; P.P. just doesn't sound right, people might think I'm yellow!

Ever read that great novel, "The Yellow River," by I.P. Daily? (That gag was old even when I was a kid).

::)

Pilsner Panther

I'm glad that's over! Yes, it did cause some problems, some people here were getting annoyed and they reported his posts to me. Brett, not only should you keep your passwords secret, but you should change them once in a while, for more security. Another tip: don't use something obvious, like your dog's name (for example). Someone who knows you well, like— ahem— your friend, could guess that easily enough. Pick a random word out of the dictionary or something like that... okay?

And you should also give your friend a good talking-to. Some friend!

Offline ZEKE

O.K., 'PILS' (Captain America), will do. What' s your national Symbol by the way?
I think it's some kind of bald- headed boid!  Frisco eh, world famous gay capital of
America, I hear it's very beautiful there. I love winter as well as summer, each has it's
own pleasures and pitfalls, you know just like regular livin', I don't know any
different weather patterns than those here in Canada, but I don't think I could dig the same thing day after day ad nauseum.

Tell me/us something interesting about the Stooges, not normally known, that will stun us, I know you are just the person who could.
                                        Talk back at ya.

Offline ZEKE

:P BTW Pilsner, I prefer chocolate custard, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk! ;)

Pilsner Panther

O.K., 'PILS' (Captain America), will do. What' s your national Symbol by the way?
I think it's some kind of bald- headed boid!  Frisco eh, world famous gay capital of
America, I hear it's very beautiful there. I love winter as well as summer, each has it's
own pleasures and pitfalls, you know just like regular livin', I don't know any
different weather patterns than those here in Canada, but I don't think I could dig the same thing day after day ad nauseum.

Tell me/us something interesting about the Stooges, not normally known, that will stun us, I know you are just the person who could.
                                        Talk back at ya.

Yeah, our national symbol is a bald-headed boid... Dick Cheney. And yes, San Francisco is the gay capital of the world, but I'm not going to dwell on that; in the immortal words of T.F. Eccles, "Everybody's got to be somewhere," and it seems like most of them are here. I don't have any problem with gay people, though, never have. Just as long as they don't try to hit on me, that is.

>:(

Something interesting about the Stooges, not normally known? Okay, Moe Howard appeared as a child actor in early silent films that were made at Paramount Pictures' Astoria, Queens, studio, just across the East River from Manhattan. The building still stands, by the way, and is now a national landmark and film museum.

Offline Baggie

Pils is that the same studio where 'The Cocoanuts' and 'Animal Crackers' would have been made?
The artist formerly known as Shempetta

Offline ZEKE

PILS, interesing item about MOE. I would love to see a picture of him as a child, I wonder if he had his combed down STOOGES do back then.
  My sentiments Exactly on the Frisco/gay issue arisen.
  You have quite the wit Re: bald-headed boid/ Dick Cheney. Laughed hard when I read that bit o' post. :D
                               See ya,
                                         ZEKE

Pilsner Panther

Pils is that the same studio where 'The Cocoanuts' and 'Animal Crackers' would have been made?

Yes, you're right on the mark... give that little lady a big cigar!

Offline ShempRocks

• Porcupine
  • Stooges, Stooges, Stooges!!
Why would one wish to leave this site??  I LOVE IT and am grateful for the owner and moderators for creating it!!  Thanks guys!! :)
Thank's for stickin around Stoogoholics!

Pilsner Panther

Why would one wish to leave this site?? 

I don't know, but if a rich, beautiful woman came along and offered me an opportunity to retire early, I'd probably be too distracted to continue moderating.

I LOVE IT and am grateful for the owner and moderators for creating it!!  Thanks guys!! :)

You can thank Dunrobin for most of what we've got here— I didn't have a thing to do with the creation of this site. Shemps#1 and I have been here for a long time now, but it's Rob's dedication that's made this the best Stooges and classic comedy site ever. I should add that we don't do it for money, either, but out of a love for the greatest comedians on film. One of whom we've just lost, the late Don Knotts.