Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2021 MLB Thread...

Offline metaldams

These ALCS games haven't been close.

Game 4 was close until the latter innings - then the Red Sox bullpen did their usual thing.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Most of the games during the playoffs have been good, but man, has starting pitching ever been this bad in October. Forget getting 7 or 8 good innings from your starters; a lot of these guys are struggling to get 3 innings....

Btw, what a story it would be if somehow the Astros and Dodgers meet again in the World Series...
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

In case I didn't do a prediction, Astros in 6....
Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline HomokHarcos

Hope Atlanta wins tonight. I’ve been wanting to visit Atlanta for a bit now (was supposed to go last year, but COVID happened).

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Well, congrats to the Bravos. I know I'm not supposed to root for a division rival, but I've never disliked the Braves the way I do the Nats or Phillies. I don't know if my admiration for Henry Aaron plays into that, but I was kind of rooting for the Bravos after the Giants got eliminated early.

Btw, maybe I just feel this way, but this has been sort of a bizarre playoffs with the lack of great starting pitching--for the most part. It definitely was an interesting World Series--not great, just weird like 2014 or '19 when the Nats won...

Offline Dr. Mabuse

I live in Atlanta, so it was a great thing to see. Max Fried was incredible.

Offline metaldams

I live in Atlanta, so it was a great thing to see. Max Fried was incredible.

Congrats to all Braves fans.  My Aunt is in Heaven right now.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Well, congrats to the Bravos. I know I'm not supposed to root for a division rival, but I've never disliked the Braves the way I do the Nats or Phillies. I don't know if my admiration for Henry Aaron plays into that, but I was kind of rooting for the Bravos after the Giants got eliminated early.

Btw, maybe I just feel this way, but this has been sort of a bizarre playoffs with the lack of great starting pitching--for the most part. It definitely was an interesting World Series--not great, just weird like 2014 or '19 when the Nats won...

I’m getting sick of the lack of starters going deep in baseball.  I remember 15 years ago people complaining how aces only went seven innings.  I’d kill for that these days.  John Smoltz said last night something needs to be done about this and he’s right.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Paul Pain

• Moronika's resident meteorologist
  • Muttonhead
  • The heartthrob of millions!
Well, pitchers. were doing great this year; then the MLB threw a temper tantrum and changed the rules of the game in the middle of the season to undo that.  Interestingly, this now sets precedence for the MLB to do anything they want anytime of the year based on whether or not they like the way anything is sorting out.

Am I only the only one who finds irony in the fact that Atlanta won game 3 due to wise pinch hitting in the pitching spot?  It's quite ironic that the World Series became completely one-sided as a result of that given the league's desperate push for universal DH.
#1 fire kibitzer