Music videos you like - post here.

metaldams · 1554 · 142542

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
It's been a long, hectic and sometimes frustrating week, so it is time to celebrate with a classic.  [pot]

Offline GreenCanaries

• President of the Johnny Kascier Fan Club
  • Birdbrain
It's been a long, hectic and sometimes frustrating week, so it is time to celebrate with a classic.  [pot]

"A-E-I-O-U... and sometimes, W..."

First heard that one at a rather impressionable young age, and it's more or less remained in my subconscious since. Really funny song.
"With oranges, it's much harder..."

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
"A-E-I-O-U... and sometimes, W..."

First heard that one at a rather impressionable young age, and it's more or less remained in my subconscious since. Really funny song.

Since you know that one, how about another song to celebrate the beginning of the weekend?  Do you know The Rev. Right-time and the 1st Cuzins of Funk*?  [pot] 

* (Local group that I saw live a couple of times when I lived near Flint.)

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain
Since you know that one, how about another song to celebrate the beginning of the weekend?  Do you know The Rev. Right-time and the 1st Cuzins of Funk*?  [pot] 

* (Local group that I saw live a couple of times when I lived near Flint.)

I don't, actually -- but I am digging this!

Offline metaldams

Watching European movies - I love the scores.  Big Bruno Nicolai fan.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline metaldams

I’m of the age where music and MTV were intrinsically linked - for better or worse.  People I work with in their twenties view MTV as a reality TV channel.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Dr. Mabuse

One of the great concert films — newly restored and (hopefully) playing at a theater near you.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 09:20:19 PM by Dr. Mabuse »

Offline Samurai

The first video ever played on MTV:
It's useless trivia time courtesy of the FNG:

What was the second video/song played on MTV...and name of the artist?

(if you cheat by googling...I'll know)  ::)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
It's useless trivia time courtesy of the FNG:

What was the second video/song played on MTV...and name of the artist?

(if you cheat by googling...I'll know)  ::)

Pat Benatar, "You Better Run".

Definitely not Googled.  I recently found a video on YouTube with the first two hours of MTV's broadcast, so I already knew where to look.   >:D

Offline Samurai

Technically, this would not be considered a 'music video', howevers, our esteemed narrator has a certain sing-songy cadence to his voice. I trust you will understand.

Offline Samurai

I'll make up for the previous by actually posting a 'music video'. These are some local boys that had some talent. I can say local, as I grew up within 15 miles from most of them...and even had a cousin that dated one of them in HS.

I can also say, provided you've not seen this before, that you are about to witness one of the best live guitar solos of all time.

Enjoy.

(Oh...the strange opening was due to Danny the drummer replacing a cracked ride cymbal, and the stand wouldn't lie flat on the floor...hence the delay)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Something a little different for Friday night.  This is a group I recently discovered, and I really like their sound. 

Ghost Hounds

Offline GreenCanaries

• Birdbrain

Watch this and tell me Paul Weller isn't the near-spitting image of Monte Collins.

Offline Samurai

In my last entry, I shared one of my two favorite live guitar solos. Terry Kath had a style of grabbing you by the nuts...and refusing to let go until he was good and well finished...and making you hope it would never end.

David Gilmour took a much different approach. He would grab you by the soul, and again, you hoped it would never end.

This performance is a feast for every one of your senses. Pink Floyd basically invented the cosmic light show, and perfected the art of transporting the listener to a different plane of existence.

In closing, nowhere else will you see the worlds largest disco ball morph into an alien spacecraft. Also, please use your best headphones/earbuds.

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
Green, green grass, blue, blue sky,
You'd better throw a party on the day that I die

The lyrics express my basic attitude towards death.  I want everyone to throw a party in my memory!

[cheers]   [pot]

Offline metaldams

In my last entry, I shared one of my two favorite live guitar solos. Terry Kath had a style of grabbing you by the nuts...and refusing to let go until he was good and well finished...and making you hope it would never end.

David Gilmour took a much different approach. He would grab you by the soul, and again, you hoped it would never end.

This performance is a feast for every one of your senses. Pink Floyd basically invented the cosmic light show, and perfected the art of transporting the listener to a different plane of existence.

In closing, nowhere else will you see the worlds largest disco ball morph into an alien spacecraft. Also, please use your best headphones/earbuds.

I’m a strange bird with Pink Floyd.  With most artists I’m into, I tend to go deep into the albums.  Pink Floyd, perhaps one of the ultimate album bands, I only like the hits.  But yes, that solo in “Comfortably Numb” is incredible and has always been a favorite of mine, top 10 solo for sure.

Ritchie Blackmore is my favorite guitarist - I think some of my favorite solos of his I’ve posted here somewhere.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Samurai

I’m a strange bird with Pink Floyd.  With most artists I’m into, I tend to go deep into the albums.  Pink Floyd, perhaps one of the ultimate album bands, I only like the hits.  But yes, that solo in “Comfortably Numb” is incredible and has always been a favorite of mine, top 10 solo for sure.

Ritchie Blackmore is my favorite guitarist - I think some of my favorite solos of his I’ve posted here somewhere.
I'll definitely look into that. I am a Purple fan, and one of my 6+/- 8-track tapes I bought for my beater car my senior year in HS was a Rainbow.  [cool]

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster