The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Top frame changed (minor update)

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
I've made another - relatively minor - update to the site, this time to the top frame.

Previously, I had the scripts written so that whenever you went to a different page on the site, the top frame would reload as well in order to display a random picture and quote.  Well, I found a javascript that let me set up the pictures as a slideshow, and another that would let me do the same with the quotes, so I changed the page to use those and set them both to change every 10 seconds.  I also modified the scripts to create the arrays (lists) of pictures and quotes dynamically.  That means that when the Team Stooge members add a new quote to the database, it will be automatically be added to the top frame page was well.

The top frame may take a few seconds longer to load when you first come to the site, but that's because it's preloading the images and quotes into memory.  But it won't have to be reloaded after that, so the difference should be minimal.

Enjoy!   ;D

Pilsner Panther

If I had half a brain in my head, I'd understand all the technical stuff, but I do like the way the pictures fade in and out, slide-show style.

Now I'm going to have to get busy and add some new quotes, which I've been meaning to do for a while.