Soitenly
Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Abe Vigoda, 94

Offline ProfessorStooge

Character actor Abe Vigoda passed away today at age 94. Some of his most memorable roles include Sal Tessio in The Godfather , and Detective Phil Fish on Barney Miller , a role that earned him three Emmy nominations. Vigoda also made guest appearances on such TV shows as Kojak, Hawaii 5-0, and Dark Shadows .

Offline JazzBill

Wow! I'm surprised he was still alive. I liked him on Barney Miller.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Signor Spumoni

Wow! I'm surprised he was still alive. I liked him on Barney Miller.

JazzBill, I didn't know he was still alive, either.  I read that not one but several rumors of his death circulated in years past.  I liked him on "Barney Miller,", too.  In fact, it's one of the few '70s shows I still watch if it happens to come on.

Offline JazzBill

JazzBill, I didn't know he was still alive, either.  I read that not one but several rumors of his death circulated in years past.  I liked him on "Barney Miller,", too.  In fact, it's one of the few '70s shows I still watch if it happens to come on.

It's been a rough month for famous people. In the last month we lost, Meadowlark Lemon, Natalie Cole, Wayne Rogers, Pat Harrington, David Bowie, Dan Haggerty Glen Frey and Abe Virgoda. And Keith Richards lives on, go figure.
"When in Chicago call Stockyards 1234, Ask for Ruby".

Offline Signor Spumoni

It's been a rough month for famous people. In the last month we lost, Meadowlark Lemon, Natalie Cole, Wayne Rogers, Pat Harrington, David Bowie, Dan Haggerty Glen Frey and Abe Vigoda. And Keith Richards lives on, go figure.

You're right, we have lost a lot of famous people this month.  As for Keith Richards, I guess that fall from the coconut tree some years ago only made him tougher.  I think he's going to be a father again, too.