Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooge Film Festival Coming to The Ohio Theatre In Columbus

Linked Events

• Columbus, OH Stooges Festival: June 25, 2005

Offline soiently64

The Ohio Theatre in Columbus has announced their Summer Movie Series. Seven of the Stooges shorts will be featured including one with Shemp. The date is Saturday June 25 at 10am. There will be a organ concert on the Mighty Morton 30 min before the show. The shorts are as follows

* MEN IN BLACK
* VIOLENT IS THE WORD FOR CURLY
* AN ACHE IN EVERY STAKE
* BRIDLESS GROOM
* YOU NATZY SPY
* MICROPHONIES
* IN THE SWEET PIE AND PIE

If you have not been to the Ohio Theatre, it is well worth the trip, the beauty is overwhelming. This is the first time the Ohio has featured the boys in a long time, lets make a good showing so they will continue in the future.

Ohio Theatre
29 E. State St.
Columbus, OH 43215
614-469-1045
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 09:12:54 PM by Dunrobin »

Offline BeAStooge

The Ohio Theatre is a highly recommended venue for any classic film.  The city has done a fantastic restoration job!

The 2004 Sons of the Desert Convention was held last July in Columbus, at the Marriot Hotel adjoining the Ohio Theatre.  On the Saturday of the Convention, a Laurel & Hardy program of BIG BUSINESS (1929), TOWED IN A HOLE (1932) and SONS OF THE DESERT (1933) was screened, from newly struck, restored 35mm prints... on the Ohio's huge screen.

If you're in the Columbus area, don't pass up this chance to watch the Stooges in style!

Offline Robbie883

Pilsner Panther

The Ohio Theatre is a highly recommended venue for any classic film.  The city has done a fantastic restoration job!

The 2004 Sons of the Desert Convention was held last July in Columbus, at the Marriot Hotel adjoining the Ohio Theatre.  On the Saturday of the Convention, a Laurel & Hardy program of BIG BUSINESS (1929), TOWED IN A HOLE (1932) and SONS OF THE DESERT (1933) was screened, from newly struck, restored 35mm prints... on the Ohio's huge screen.

If you're in the Columbus area, don't pass up this chance to watch the Stooges in style!

Now I'm totally, totally envious, Brent! I've got a question for you: what kind of music did they have accompanying "Big Business?" Does the Ohio Theatre have a working pipe organ?

Not only do we never have any Stooges festivals in San Francisco, we never get to see Stan and Babe on the big screen, either. Why, I don't know— but if I ever came into money, I'd definitely do something about that.

(Buy my own theater and show whatever I like? Hey, David Packard (of Hewlett-Packard fame) did it, but that was spare change to him!)

However, we do have Harold Lloyd in "For Heaven's Sake" (1926) coming up on July 8th, as part of the San Francisco Silent Film Festival, and with a live Wurlitzer organ score performed by Chris Elliott. Not too shabby, really...

8)

Offline soiently64

To answer your question, yes we have a 4 manula Mighty Morton Theatre Pipe Organ. It is played by world renouned organist, Clark Wilson. He plays  30 min before the show as well as during intermission and at the end of the show. He just played last night for Metropolis.

Offline BeAStooge

...  yes we have a 4 manula Mighty Morton Theatre Pipe Organ. It is played by world renouned organist, Clark Wilson. He plays 30 min before the show as well as during intermission and at the end of the show.

Does the Ohio Theatre have a working pipe organ?

(See Soitenly64's reply above.)  The Morton organ is on an elevated platfrom, audience stage left.  It rests below at orchestra level, and is raised to stage level for pre-&-intermission level performances.

Now I'm totally, totally envious, Brent! I've got a question for you: what kind of music did they have accompanying "Big Business?"

I have no idea.  Silent film accompanient music, to me, is an annoyance.  I watch, I  don't listen.  With BIG BUSINESS on the Ohio's big screen... my only audio concern, other than my own laughter, was whether my popcorn chewing or beer sipping annoyed the people around me.