Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Stooges on Boston WSBK-TV-38 available online Free with App

Offline healyhouston

I grew up in the 70s and lived on the east coast.  One of my favorite channel's on UHF was WSBK-TV-38 and they have been showing the Stooges ever since.  I believe they signed a really long contract with Screen Gems for the Stooges.  They appear to still be running the Stooges on Sunday morning and a marathon on new years eve.

Now the good news this channel is available online.  I'm using a Android phone using an App called "FilmOn American TV" I then send the signal to my TV using a Google Chrome adapter.  Their may be other ways to view this channel by possibly using a Roku box but I don't have one to test.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Stooges
Since the 1990s Columbia and its television division's successor, Sony Pictures Television, has preferred to license the Stooges shorts to cable networks, precluding the films from being shown on local broadcast TV. Two stations in Chicago and Boston, however, signed long-term syndication contracts with Columbia years ago and have declined to terminate them. WSBK-TV in Boston airs Stooge shorts and feature films, including an annual New Year's Eve marathon.