Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Curly with mustache

Offline healyhouston

On eBay someone is selling this fascinating photo of Healy and the Stooges from 1932.  This photo has Curly before he shaved his mustache off.  It also has an interesting news article.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Three-Stooges-Type-1-Wire-Photo-RARE-IMAGE-Ted-Healy-Crew-/111238259613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e651239d

Offline Kopfy2013

Nice. You think it will sell for $2,500?
Niagara Falls

Offline IchabodSlipp

Thank you for sharing. It is also interesting that Moe in 1932 had the same hairstyle (before the famous "bowl cut") as he did in the Besser shorts.

TiskaTaskaBaska

I understand that Curly had a lot of issues thinking he was unattractive with his head shaved and overweight. Of the four major ways I have seen him, 1. shaved and overweight, 2. with full head of hair (Hold that Lion), 3. now with a moustache and 4. thin as a rail (Beer Barrel Polecats; the publicity still of him as the cook in Malice in the Palace), I think he looks most attractive heavyset and shaved head. I would have married him!

Offline IchabodSlipp

I understand that Curly had a lot of issues thinking he was unattractive with his head shaved and overweight. Of the four major ways I have seen him, 1. shaved and overweight, 2. with full head of hair (Hold that Lion), 3. now with a moustache and 4. thin as a rail (Beer Barrel Polecats; the publicity still of him as the cook in Malice in the Palace), I think he looks most attractive heavyset and shaved head. I would have married him!

How cute. I am sure Curly would howl and do various gestures after that being said.

TiskaTaskaBaska

How cute. I am sure Curly would howl and do various gestures after that being said.

:-* That would be the single most awesome moment of my life if he did that!

Can't see the picture. Can it be re-posted in some way?
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.

Offline Svengarlic

Can't see the picture. Can it be re-posted in some way?
I can't either. I see something, but it's a mess.

Offline healyhouston

Here you go

OK, thanks. For some reason I was expecting Curly to still have his hair; I didn't think that the hair went first and then the mustache (especially since he still had some hair -- or perhaps had hair again -- for HOLLYWOOD ON PARADE).

Actually, the mustache looks like it's either badly glued on or already partially shaved!

And note that both Moe and Larry have their hair combed "gentleman style."
"Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day." -- Samuel Goldwyn

The people who have your best interests at heart...
...are generally not the ones telling you whatever you want to hear.