Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

2014 MLB Thread

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Haha, I know you like the runs Garlic, but for the most part, the drama has been lacking for me....

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline metaldams

This might be the most unexciting 7 game World Series I can remember...

You're right, only one good game so far.

I still maintain game 6 of 2011 as the greatest game I ever witnessed.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

Haha, I know you like the runs Garlic, but for the most part, the drama has been lacking for me....

Yeah, seriously, gotta agree.  I'll take a 1 - 0 game over this anyday...unless if Boston is winning.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

The drama will come tomorrow night.

Offline Svengarlic

You're right, only one good game so far.

I still maintain game 6 of 2011 as the greatest game I ever witnessed.
Of course I agree, except that the late inning roller coaster nature of that game fairly did me in....an emotional wreck.

I saw an MLB show that ranked it like 3rd or 4th. I think the Bobby Thompson game took top honors.

Offline Lefty

I watched the 2nd inning of last night's game.  That was enjoyable, but I sort of wished that the Royals would have saved some of that for tonight.  Outside of Ventura, all pitchers should be ready to go at any time tonight.  "Mad Bum" stated that he could throw 200 pitches if necessary.  "It's the bottom of the 44th inning on this clear Thursday evening, and Madison Bumgarner is about to pitch his 30th inning, ..."

Offline Svengarlic

A damn good game so far! That second run scored by the Royals in the 2nd was near epic.  ;)

Offline metaldams

Exciting so far!  I guess this will be a bullpen game after all.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline metaldams

I'm trying my best to appreciate what I'm watching now with Bumgarner, because we may never see a World Series pitcher like this in our lifetimes.  Respect.
- Doug Sarnecky

Offline Svengarlic

I'm trying my best to appreciate what I'm watching now with Bumgarner, because we may never see a World Series pitcher like this in our lifetimes.  Respect.
True, but I'm hoping the Royals tie it up!

Offline Shemp_Diesel

The G-Men are officially a dynasty and Bochy is the best manager in the game. Another season gone--3.5 months til pitchers and catchers reports...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline Svengarlic

The Phillies of Philadelphia may have some relief on the way.  A super duper prospect is heading North!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24784861/phils-and-others-eying-tomas-whos-creating-a-stir-seeking-big-bucks

Offline Lefty

The Phillies of Philadelphia may have some relief on the way.  A super duper prospect is heading North!

I have read a number of times about him.  With $30 trillion in CONcast bucks, the Phillies could make a major bid for him, and Ruin Tomorrow Jr. could even make the offer en Espanol, but undoubtedly the 76ers would have a better chance of winning the NBA title in the next 3 years.

Yeah, he'll head north -- right up I-95 to the Skankees who will say to him, "Hey, yo!  Bring us your best offer, and we'll triple it."  Or the Cah-lee-forn-ya teams will tout the Spanish majority there.

Offline Svengarlic

I have read a number of times about him.  With $30 trillion in CONcast bucks, the Phillies could make a major bid for him, and Ruin Tomorrow Jr. could even make the offer en Espanol, but undoubtedly the 76ers would have a better chance of winning the NBA title in the next 3 years.

Yeah, he'll head north -- right up I-95 to the Skankees who will say to him, "Hey, yo!  Bring us your best offer, and we'll triple it."  Or the Cah-lee-forn-ya teams will tout the Spanish majority there.
Ain't it the truth! I'm thinking the Angels, with a diminishing David Freese on 3B will open the vault (or in their case, the petty cash drawer) to get the kid.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Offline Shemp_Diesel

Manager of the Year awards being handed out tonight--I would be shocked if Buck from Baltimore doesn't win. Of course, I also thought John Farrell was a shoe-in last year--so what do I know...   :-\

Offline Shemp_Diesel