Moronika
The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

Remakes question

Offline stoogerascalfan62

In Stooge short remakes, did Vernon Dent ever play any character originally played by Bud Jamison?

Offline Svengarlic

In Stooge short remakes, did Vernon Dent ever play any character originally played by Bud Jamison?
Holy moly! What a question....I can't answer it, but there's folks on here that can, I'm sure.

Offline Shemp_Diesel

I'm not sure if this counts--but in Ants in the Pantry, if I remember right, Bud Jamison played the party guest who tried to play the piano the cats were inside of--and in the remake, Vernon was the party guest; but I'm not sure if that counts, since they were 2 different characters.

And the only other remake I can think of where Vernon was playing someone else's part is A Missed Fortune--Vernon as the hotel manager, originally played by James C. Morton...

Talbot's body is the perfect home for the Monster's brain, which I will add to and subtract from in my experiments.

Offline JWF

I know the question was "Stooge" short remakes, so this probably does not apply, but in Society Mugs (Shemp's remake of Termites of 1938), Vernon Dent plays the English gentleman role, a character that Bud Jamison played in the original.