The community forum of ThreeStooges.net

How to Include Pictures in Your Post

Offline Dunrobin

• (Rob)
  • Administrator
  • Spongehead
  • Webmaster
    • The Three Stooges Online Filmography
This is something that has come up a couple of times recently, so I thought that I should probably post this info for the benefit of anyone who doesn't know how to add pictures to a post.

The Image tag in the Post toolbar () is for when you want to share a picture that is already on the Internet.  You simply put the picture's URL between the opening and closing img tags and the picture will appear in your post.  For example, this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://threestooges.net/images/3sof_logo_20120429.png[/img]

become this:

Note that you have to have the correct Internet address (URL) for the picture for this to work.  The simplest way that I know of to make sure you have the right address for the picture is to right-click on it and choose "Open image in new tab," then just copy the URL in that tab's address bar.

Sharing pictures that are on your computer is a little different.  To do that, you need to Attach them to your post; doing that will upload a copy to the threestooges.net server and display them at the bottom of your post.

To attach the files, you need to expand the Attachments and other options section below the text box where you write your post.  Click on the + sign to expand it.

Figure 1:

When you click on that plus sign, the area will look like this (well, you won't see all of those checkboxes, since as the Administrator I have more options that you will):

Figure 2:

Click on the button that says "Choose File" to select the picture that you want to share.  You can add up to 6 attachments, subject to the file types and size restrictions displayed - just click on the (more attachments) link to add more. 

I hope that helps!

Offline Lupe The Wolfman

Can new members without 10 or 15 posts include attachments? I read the instructions, but I don't see any of the boxes mentioned...

Offline Umbrella Sam

Lupe, which section are you trying to attach the pictures in? Some of the sections don't allow for attachments, such as in the Quiz Corner and YouTube videos section.
“I’ll take a milkshake...with sour milk!” -Shemp (Punchy Cowpunchers, 1950)

My blog: https://talk-about-cinema.blogspot.com

Offline Lupe The Wolfman

I was trying to respond to the Operator 13 thread...but I also don't see the attachment options here when I expand...

Thanks...